Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 3

Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

That's it tigger play the tape through, think how you'll feel tomorrow if you drink. Do you really want to go through all that? You can NOT have just one. None of us can, as much as we want to.

Tres I say invite whomever you want over. If it's going to stress you out don't do it. You have to put yourself first.

We can make it through tonight November Ninjas! Just one more day-think of all the Christmas parties we got through-and the holidays are DONE.

Keep posting!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vantrina View Post

Our society puts such emphasis on booze and this day…really, it is all marketing. It is all BS.
That is so true.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you can do it Tigger

These links may be useful if you haven't seen them or have forgotten about them...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D
Old 12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Tigger, I'm right there with you today. I'm NOT going to drink but today/tonight just sucks. One thing I know is that I'm both hungry and lonely and I know those are two of the four HALT triggers. I haven't eaten since about 10AM. After that we had to move my grandmother's stuff out of her place 'cause she's in the hospital and isn't able to live on her own anymore. That was rough and my mom kept crying. After that I went to the gym. Had a so-so workout. I've lifted six days in a row and that was dumb. I pulled something in my shoulder, I put excess strain on my elbows. Sigh. I'm soooo sick of reading all my friend's status updates on Facebook while I sit at home watching DVDs. I know I'm making the wise decision but that doesn't make it suck any less.

Day 51. Going to a meeting in the morning. Definitely NOT gonig to the gym tomorrow and gonna watch football all day.

C'mon Ninjas, let's take ass and kick names in 2012.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Ok - I finally went and took a damn Antabuse. Now I'll be dog sick if I drink.

I hate this... I really wanted a drink I know it's my A voice. This just sucks.
I hate this F***** disease tonight - really hate what it's done to me - what I've let it do. I'm so successful in other areas of my life - blah blah poor pitiful me...

Anyway - I'm with you Tres. I wish we didn't invite anyone over for tonight - I would pay big money to go to bed early.

We're having over another family with 4 kids (so there will be 8 kids here tonight) and she's a big drinker and an old drinking buddy of mine. It was stupid to invite them over of all people. When I did it I didn't think it would be an issue but... anyway - enough. fine - not going to drink. I hope all this Holiday drinking crap passes now and we can just get on with life.

Thank you everyone for today. I honestly have tears in my eyes - I hope this is the hardest night. I don't feel very "embracing" on being a non-drinker right now.

Tres - if the other family has 3 kids that are nuts I would not feel bad about not inviting them. I have 4 pretty well behaved kids and I don't blame people for not wanting us over - we have a lot of kids! And even when they're being good there's a certain amount of chaos that just comes along with us. If they're realistic they'll understand that. But I hear you about them seeing you and then there's your daughter. It must be hard. I hope you make it through and enjoy yourself.

Marine - thanks. I forget what you said you're doing tonight but I hope you have fun. I saw the soda machine at Target today and thought of you (when I was out getting a fondu pot).

NESfan and Jay - Happy New Year and have fun at your parties tonight.

Vantrina - Every time I breath deeply I start to cry - weird isn't it? So I'll go find a spot where I can let some of that out and maybe it will get even better. Thank you

InParticular - thanks so much really. and I'll have my iPhone as well and will post if I need to but now that I took that stupid pill I can't drink so the worse I can do tonight is feel bad for myself - I'll check online for anyone else that's having a hard time.

Have a good NYE everyone and thanks again
Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Tigger, please do NOT drink if you took antabuse. You'll probably be in the ER and then most likely sent to a two week in-patient program. It's not worth it.

Tig, no party for me. I was invited to a couple but I have zero doubt in my mind I'd drink if I went. I'd hold off for maybe 45 minutes, an hour, then I'd drink. And I wouldn't "have a couple" I would drink til I blackout, make a fool out of myself, probably do something I regret, end up in jail, the possibilities are endless. My Dr. always says to me, "When you relapse it's not just a slip. It's an aboslute disaster. Every single time."

I hope you make it through tonight. Could you say you aren't feeling well and just get to bed really early?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe it's best to focus not on what alcohols done to you but on how far you've come in your recovery Tigger?

I know this isn't the best time, and I've held off for a few posts, but we need to start a new thread...

please join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-4-a.html

D