Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me! I feel like that McDonald's commercial....."I'm lovin' it!"
Old 11-21-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Violet, version and elly. Welcome to our gang!

Good work Rottie, Stevie, Tigger, Darren, Just Living and everyone else! You are rock stars.

Day 24 for me. I am noticing that I am getting way more organized. There is a continuity to my life that was missing when I was drinking. Nothing ever got done because I forgot everything or else was drunk or tired or sick. My truck is actually clean. I know where all my things are. I'm keeping up on groceries, appointments, laundry, etc. Gad my life was such a mess. Don't know how I did it. (Not very well).

My life used to be just a series of fires to be put out. Now I'm actually finding the time to have regularity in my life and I never thought I would appreciate it so much.

Again congrats to everyone here for being strong and healthy and taking control of your lives. It is so worth it!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Finishing Day 10! My daughter congratulated me today. She is keeping track too. I told my kids what I am doing since this affected them as well. It's nice they are counting with me!

I volunteered today and it was nice helping out without a hangover. I would have called it off if it were 3 wks ago.

It's nice experiencing things SOBER. I do find myself LOST at times, especially at night. Normally i pass out cause of the vodka but now i just lye awake. Sometimes, my anxiety overwhelms me and I feel hot and sticky all over but, i just push through it. Thinking positive if I can. I am nervous about thanksgiving. My really mean sister in law will be there and to cope with her attitude, i drink around her, it loosens me up. BUT, i won't be this Thanksgiving and I am hoping I will be fine. I plan on being in the kitch. alot so we shall see. Either way, I won't be drinking.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustLiving View Post
Day 3 for me! I feel like that McDonald's commercial....."I'm lovin' it!"
Well done! Glad you are hanging in there!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think it's a great job for everyone! I plan on posting in here everyday. I hope we all continue to do well. I know for me, it's not been too bad so far but Fri/Sat nights will be the test. I'm trying to prepare now for them....knowing that they will be my worst days if it gets to that point.

Way to go guys and DarrenW, I'll be thinking about you Fri/Sat nights because I think you mentioned before those are your worst nights too.

Let's stay strong everyone!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great job today everyone. I'm having a pretty easy time right now with no urges. I am with mom, nieces and my daughter so really not a drinking crowd. Its nice not to have to sneak to the liqour store and drink after they went to sleep like before.

Hubby and brothers joining us on Wednesday. I don't think it will trigger me when the holiday begins. Just trying to focus on family. I'm grateful not to be crabby in the mornings to my daughter. She deserves a superior role model.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Alaska, please let us know how you are doing.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well today is 30 days since I have been sober, and 18 days since I made the decision to quit drinking for good.

No real hard withdrawal, but a month of low grade discomfort due to my body adjusting to life without alcohol. I've had fog, times when I couldn't sleep, times when I couldn't get awake enough. A couple moments of nausea and some cramps in my stomach. Anxiety level was through the roof so to speak.

Two issues were really worrisome. I had extremely hot feet, and prickly pains that I thought would never leave. The hot feet was from tinea pedis or commonly known as athletes feet. My Doc said it was "roaring." Doc also said that I may not have been feeling the pain from athletes feet because I had it medicated with booze.

The prickly pain has been present since day 6 at some level, with the worst of it on days 20-23. Day 29 I spent most of the today any prickly pain, until two slight incidents late night. I hope it continues to ease.

I went to church, cleaned the house, and got alot of my farm work done. I started taking vitamin b-complex, milk thistle, Multi vitamin, and Valarian herb to help sleep. I live alone, but have a girlfriend who is a RN, and thinks that I am overstating the problem, but is supportive and is not hard on me for not drinking.

I just want to let you know that I appreciate everyone here and the support and kindness you have shown to me. When I needed a word of encouragement or information, I've felt thankful to have SR and all of you available.

I look forward to working through all of this with you....God Bless you all, and my heartfelt thanks.

Fraggy 30
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi and that I am joining your Novemberlass! Day 4 of w/d off oxy.

So grateful for what I do have, instead of stressing over what I don't have!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 30 Fraggy - well done!

D
Old 11-21-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too heyitsme

D
Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Guys and dolls

Day 5 about to being and i see i am taking more care in the way i look, which leads to the way i feel, small changes big rewards!!!

Happy hols for you guys over the pond for Thursday and do you have the Friday off 2??

Be safe and be strong

Pads
Old 11-21-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all! Day 19 for me!

I'm so glad I found this site. I'm taking it one day at a time for now. Seems to be working so far. Tgiving will be a toughy, but I have planned such a huge menu that hopefully I will be too busy to notice.

The cravings got easier for me ths past week. I still feel triggers here and there, but I am lerning coping skills to deal. I like being more present with my kids and working has become a joy rather than a chore. Gonna see where this road to sobriety takes me!

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MadameM

D
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Day 3.

bring it on! got a job interview today! things like this i would normally have a drink before i went to calm the anxiety.. time to try it the normal way lol.

have a good day peeps! x
Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck masterdeal

D
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning all, feeling tired here today but have essays to write that wont write themselves so must get stuck in. At least my head is not hungover tho! Dont know how many essays ive only half written cos my head was in a hungover fog, still nothing I can do about that now but just make sure it dont happen again! Happy tuesday all, hope its a good and productive one for you!
Alaska, I hope you got good news on your biopsy results xx
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 2 was booze free so that means today is Day 3,slept better last night and feeling good and hungry today....Have a good day all...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Stevie
good luck working lovinit

D
Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Hi Guys and dolls

Day 5 about to being and i see i am taking more care in the way i look, which leads to the way i feel, small changes big rewards!!!

Happy hols for you guys over the pond for Thursday and do you have the Friday off 2??

Be safe and be strong

Pads
Friday is almost as big of a holiday as Thursday.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Let's keep our chins up! So far, this will be Day 4 for me. I'm taking more than one day at a time because I know after I get off of work, who knows what the evening may hold, so I'm mentally prepping myself for tonight too. Glad to see everyone doing well!