Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good news, Alaska! Regarding your bf issue' it's hard I am sure, but as Bruman said it means you are ready for a new phase. You deserve to be with someone who supports you.

I just completed Day 9! I am now in upstate NY - was on (another) business trip today and have another one Friday but am close enough to where my family lives that I am spending Tday with them then flying back home on Saturday. I am playing golf on Sunday as its supposed to warm up a bit in the East. That will be another test for me. But I think if I made it through last weekends wedding out in California without drinking, I can make it through golf without drinking.however that little voice is popping into my head saying "you can have just one". But I won't. I will be strong.

Check back later - stay strong everyone!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Alaska, such wonderful news regarding your biopsy. As for your bf, you have been making positive changes in your life - look at this as another positive change in your life. You are going to be fine. Just hang in there, and keep posting. You'll get through this.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Dodged a big celebretory trigger tonight. My brother flew in and just walked into the house to surprise us. Total shock and haven't seen hime since our dad passed a year and a half ago. He brought beer and wine..I thought uh oh...
I just said no thanks. It was very akward to me at first.
I made it through just fine.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Stay strong.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well i made it through Day 4 without booze so today is Day 5...I really cannot remember the last time that i was sober for this long...I feel really good and have lots of energy during the day now....I am eating good and plentifull for the first time in ages and i love getting up early in the mornings now and going out with the dog before any one else is even awake....And i owe it all to you guys...Thanks guys and i hope we all have a great day......
Old 11-23-2011, 11:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Stevie i was so glad to read your post; you are sounding so positive and seem to have already come so far from your first posts. Whatever you're doing, it's working, keep it up!

Tres, congrats on staying strong through the big trigger. That must have been a real challenge and shows huge commitment on your part.

Good job on 9 days Marine, and hello Stark!

Glad to know you are healthy alaska, and about the bf, well, if it's for the best, it's for the best, you know? If he's making your life worse and not better, you need to DTMFA. You'll get through it.

Sleep time for me, goodnight everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 15

Good morning all and for those of us in the States Happy Thanksgiving.

Well today I am doing something totally out of my comfort zone and decided to go up to this cool little church for Thanksgiving mass. It were my home group is held.

I personally am not a religous person specially when it comes to church, but i walked by the other day and saw the sign and thought why not.If I cant go and listen and get somthing out of someone elses eyes then I am not working a good program in recovery.

So that should actually be fun then coming home to stay by myself, like I said before just to many triggers to go to the family house for dinner and football. Maybe a evening meeting see how I feel , but I WILL enjoy today being home and sober .

To all have a wonderful sober day .
Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Day 6 here and feeling better than I have in years. I'm really motivated to get the booze behind me, but realize it takes a daily commitment to stop. I bowed out of a party on December 3rd realizing that it would center around wine tasting which the group uses as a excuse for drinking wine and getting plastered...not what I need to be around in these days of my recovery.

Plan to help with the meal prep this morning, take a long walk and pack in the food later today.

Life is good, and I will not drink today!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good for you Inda for knowing when to just sit out. I think you'll be really glad that you did, and you can have some quality "you" time. Do something relaxing that you really like to do: treat yourself all day.

Life is good!

Happy Thanksgiving all you state-siders. Be strong-water, juice, soda, cider, keep your hands busy all the time! And enjoy!

Off to work for me-there's going to be a crazy wind storm today, and I work outside! Yikes!

Three days to one month!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Great job Inda. This is a very challenging time of year for all of us.
Inparticular, you're almost at one month - yay!

Just wanted to take a second to say that I am very grateful for my family, my health(hope I haven't jeopardized it too much), my home, my job and a very special thanks to all my new friends at SR - thank you for all yor support. I really do get so much strength from keeping in touch with you. Enjoy the day-stay healthy and sober!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Just checking in & hello to anyone new who has joined since my last post! Alaska- so glad your result came back ok, very sorry about your personal situ' as im going through similar and its really tough at present.
Did manage 14 days but slipped on sunday night 'deliberately' as id found out some devastating information and had a ''well whats the point if you (my ex of 12 yrs) is continuing the affair and doesnt give a damn about our future then why should I care about the odd bottle of wine here and there''
So I drank TWO bottles of red with a mate who was sober.. he said my personality totally changed and could see why I would want to be T total.. and why it's contributed to my relationship breaking down.. Felt like utter c**p the next day and also very very depressed..So in short Im now on Day 4.. and firmly resolute as to where I stand with the demon itself.. Feel disappointed on one hand but it also showed its not my ex thats the problem.. its me & the booze, so here we go again..
Sorry for long post.. wishing everyone in this November class & SR too the strength and courage of our convictions.. Praying for a brighter future!
Sarah x
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ok, Novemberites!

Happy Thanksgiving for all us Americans But I guess we can celebrate something to be thankful for.

Me, that I'm not going to drink today. I fell hard over the weekend. Hard enough to get my kidneys hurting and feel really terrible physically when I stop. Today, I'm going to push through it - have some ativan so it will take the edge off once again. I'm not a pill freak, so I'm only taking it to take the edge off my body while it's detoxing. Each time the detox feels worse and each time, I say I'm not going to go through this again.
THIS TIME I'm NOT going to go through this again. Besides I totally refuse to go to yet another month

Stevie.... very proud of you

Going to sister's house... there will be drinking... I'm taking ginger ale and non-alcoholic beer. I will NOT drink.

Then maybe tomorrow, I'll try to ask some people to keep me accountable with the drinking here. I'm already in therapy - nearing the end of a long haul -- means things have been hard - that final push to get through the crap. My therapist seems to think that 1) I need to stop drinking long enough to deal with this last crapiness and 2) He doesn't think the drinking is going to be an issue when I don't have the crap there... 3) I need to start taking care of myself (eating and exercising) again.... and I'll feel better about myself. All true. AA isn't really for me. Been there, done that. Hated it.

Have a great day all... I'll catch up with you later.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US! On Day 10 here. My mom just pulled out a bottle of red wine to take to Thanksgiving dinner and said would I drink red wine with turkey?? LOL! I said I was not drinking because I want to get a good nights sleep and she said "oh' okay". People really don't think anything about it as much as we think they do. Normally I would have run out and bought a bottle of white but the thought of drinking doesn't even sound good to me! Water will be just fine. Have a good day.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving! I am back on day 1, after screwing up this holiday for my hubby for the second year in a row. That's all I really feel like sharing right now. That, and that I'm done. I'm done with alcohol. I'm done with this cycle. I'm done blaming others. I'm done using alcohol as an excuse to act like an a-hole. It feels good to be done. Now, can I save my marriage . . . TBD.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Cat Fry - I wondered where you were

D
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Stevie and to everyone else celebrating a milestone today
welcome back Sarah.

D
Old 11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving will be a good anniversary for sobriety : )
Old 11-24-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

I agree CatFry... good day to begin sobriety.

Yep, I made through dinner.... sister didn't have the hard stuff sitting out. Beer, but I really didn't want to drink... my body did, but my soul didn't. Funny though, I took two 16oz water bottles - one filled with pure cranberry juice and the other for ginger ale. Took them out at my sister's and felt I needed to explain that it was NOT red wine and NOT beer in them :rotfxko Classic. Then told my sister, I've been having some kidney soreness and areound what I think is my liver and decided to flush them a bit... which means I can't drink anymore. The nausea comes and goes and my head feels like it's in a vice again... God, please help me totally remember this physical yuckiness the next time I think I can drink responsibly! By His Grace.....

Have an really good and sober night everyone... we can do this
Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Marine - great job and I so hear you. My SO again asked if I wanted white with dinner or was I not drinking. Having to say I'm not drinking is hard - because part of me was screaming YES I WANT A GLASS OF WINE. But I had water and after a few minutes I actually didn't notice they were drinking. I think that's the first time I wasn't obsessing while someone had a drink by me - maybe it's getting better.

Anyway - I hope we all had a great Thanksgiving and the only thing that was dry was us and not the turkey (lame - corny - I know).

I'm 3 weeks today WOW
Old 11-24-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good job, Tigger. I am moving on to Day 11! Can't believe it!