Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-22-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Fdm

This begins Day 8 for me. Some things I have noticed...

Sleeping better, more sound, and the one night I was feeling sick, and up most of the night, I did not drag the next day. Couldn't do that when drinking.

I'm a lot more interested in conversation, especially with my wife and kids. I actually admitted that I had screwed up on something and apologized for it. (It was an Amazon order)

I have lost almost 7 pounds in a week, and the flab is leaving. Cutting out those calories and carbs from beer and cutting a lot of carbs out of my diet is making a difference. I hope to lose 20 more pounds.

I have only missed the beer on Sunday afternoon, after the NFL games. Sunday is generally my slob day if the wife works.

Keep up the progress, everyone!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fdm ... I too am on Day 8 and find that I'm a lot more engaged (aka present) in conversations, especially at home. I can't say I've lost any weight though. I'm certainly shoving more food and fruit juice in my mouth than I did when drinking.

For you and others ... I'm finding that the voice saying it's okay to have just one drink is louder now than it was a few days ago. Last night I wasn't in danger of having a drink, but I got so tired of having to fight that voice. Is this normal?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 22 here,waking up feeling sluggish, need coffee.

Friday off too. This long weekend was usually a big drunk blur for me with nothing getting done. This year going to relax and enjoy every sober moment.

No plans today, maybe some cooking and games with family. Worked out with my niece yesterday wo an exercise video. anyone else crave sweets? Yesterday I ate a lot of chocolate, cherry pie with ice cream, and a small piece of cake..yikes.

I better workout again today..lol
Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

My last Day 13

Good morning all , I am off to try to find a nice pair of boots for the winter before it gets real nasty. I never really cared before when I was drinking , thats all that mattered every day and nite.

@Whodey in my first two attempts at soberity for me i definatly always started hearing those voices after a week or so . When detox was all gone and I felt good again. So yes for me its totally normal, I just have to get threw them and it always feels better the next day.

Everyone have a great sober day
Old 11-22-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Whodey, yes voice was very loud in the beginning. It does get quieter.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

DAY 4

Hello All,
Well I am proud of myself... I would like to say. Yesterday was hard. I told my daughter I was not feeling well when I got home(which i wasn't) was extremely tired and nausious. But she kept on asking me to go out and get her something sweet because she was PMSing so instead of yelling at her I just calmly told her I wasn't feeling well enough to go out again. Of course I was also afraid I would end up buying wine if I went out again. Just made me remember how I used to yell and scream for the most irrational things and overreact when I was hung over or drinking. I am going to make sure I have healthy snacks and meals in the house so I will avoid the trap of going out and ending up buying wine. I feel like there is finally hope and I can do this. I guess I just have to get my butt to a meating to make me stronger. I have also been having a lot of headaches and general tiredness. I attribute this to withdrawal. Also, I was told that Naltrexone may be causing me depression. But I am afraid to stop it becasue psychologically it is making the idea of drinking seem less appealing. So I am just going to exercise more and suck it up. It's not as if I am suicidal or anything. I feel for the 1st time in a long time, I can actually do this
Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Didnt fall asleep till 3am, just layed there. Going into work today late....GRRRRR. On a more positive note, it's Day 11!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Hi Guys and dolls

Day 5 about to being and i see i am taking more care in the way i look, which leads to the way i feel, small changes big rewards!!!

Happy hols for you guys over the pond for Thursday and do you have the Friday off 2??

Be safe and be strong

Pads
I was wondering the same thing!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Friday is almost as big of a holiday as Thursday.
what happens on friday? you guys are lucky...its like 2 christmasses!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alcoholsux View Post
Didnt fall asleep till 3am, just layed there. Going into work today late....GRRRRR. On a more positive note, it's Day 11!
better than waking up feeling like your half dead and hating yourself tho! Hope you sort out that sleeping thing tho. x
Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I sure wish we had Friday off. I'm a gardener and you guys would not believe the disgusting weather we've been having. I've been up to my knees in mud LITERALLY.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 16. My sister niece and nephew are in from out of town for thanksgiving, so this week has been pretty easy. I too am off thursday and friday. I think after the hollidays are going to be tough for me and the temptation to go back to my old ways will be stronger.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Just checking in. I'm on day 14 here and am feeling great. Can't believe we had to create another thread due to all the posts. Thats amazing!!! I'd like to welcome all the newcomers and wish everybody good luck
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovinit41 View Post
what happens on friday? you guys are lucky...its like 2 christmasses!!
The national holiday to celebrate the "lining of the merchants pockets." In other words it is the official beginning of the Christmas shopping season.

LOL
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Friday is a huge shopping day in the US. We call it black friday and most stores open at midnight. People wait outside in lines to get the best deals. I won't be participating, one because I don't like dealing with the crowds. And two, because I am broke!

On a different note, today is day 5 for me. Woke up BEFORE the kiddo and got a shower in. I had energy.this morning and already went grocery shopping and cleaned out the fridge. Today is gonna be a good day!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 13

Good day , woke up at 5:30 came here to the chat room at 7 for an hour. Left the house for 4 mile walk to the shoe store. Got new boots for winter .

Decided to stay home for thanksgiving . I am blessed to have such a supportive family, dad and step mom plan on making up a big bag of dinner for me , and have one of my sisters drop it off on their way home.

It would of been nice to go over but just to tempting, no reason to put myself in that situation. So a beautiful day at home with the animals after a meeting. And some fun times in the chat room .
Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good day indamiracle. Its good that you have a plan.

Today I have made three desserts with my neice. We made a huge mess in the kitchen and shared some good laughs. I'm really enjoying these days feeling well.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - man we have a bunch more new people. I remember when I started here (Nov 2) and there were just a few of us. We've grown and I think most of us are still here - Yeah Us!!

Had a good day at the water park with the kids - can't tell you how many rides I got my big butt onto - crazy 48 year old woman - it was great - tired now and need to get a good night in before we take the family down to Philly for the night so we can wake up and watch the parade! Stay strong everyone and maybe during the last week in November we'll have to do a final role call for our class and how we're doing.

I think most of us are still here that is CRAZY good.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Way to go everyone! Everyone is doing great! I can't believe I am going on Day 9 already! Seems like yesterday I woke up with that last miserable hangover. A friend invited me out for a drink tonight and I didn't even feel like going. I would have had a club soda or a non alcoholic but just stayed home. Have to head out of town again in the morning (on business) but then going to visit family for Thanksgiving. Fortunately they do not drink. Hope my plane takes off in the morning. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will be checking in.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone - day 24 for me. Welcome all new members!

I have all this week off, so I've been keeping myself busy getting the house decorated for the holidays. I figure I'd get it done now and have Thursday and the rest of the week to enjoy my family.

My plan for Thursday is to stay strong because I don't want to mess things up and go back to where I was. I have lost 5 lbs - wow - and have so much energy and am sleeping so well. I am so glad I found you guys and that I have you to talk to because you guys understand exactly what I'm going through - not even my closest friends know what I've been going through.
Off to bed for now coz I have to finish up my decorating and doing a bit of cooking tomorrow for Thursday. Hope everyone has a good night!