Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thank you, Aussie. He's doing a complete renal panel or profile, to check liver and kidneys. He also said my itchiness and rash is consistent with onset of diabetes, and that the 15 lbs I've put on over the last 6 months could have something to do with it. I've been all over the internet with all that I have, and wouldn't be surprised if it was diabetes or pre-diabetes. Thing is, it would definitely be alcoholic diabetes as there is none in my family. The signs and symptoms I've had could also be cancer.

Hey...how'd you get my picture up there as your avatar?

Sounds like a great weekend, PF! You are right about your friends, they are missing out on real life.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hate waiting too - prayers and strength to both you guys

D
Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Hey...how'd you get my picture up there as your avatar?
They say we all have a twin some where in the world , thats my pic . lol.

Lofty try not to think the worst , it may turn out to be something easily fixed. I know its hard and I am the worst for putting myself through it but from my experience stressing out only makes things worse. Try putting that nervous energy into looseing some of those 15lb's .
Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hate waiting too - prayers and strength to both you guys

D
For you to "Dee the never complainer"
Old 11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got nothing to complain about LOL.

D
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Dee. Ditto about the prayers and strength for you and Aussie.

Too tired for my AA meeting tonight. Plus I took the day off shaving and really do look like Aussie's avatar. Too late to shave now. Just a relaxed homey Sunday.

I'll work on those lbs tomorrow, I guess!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

********{Lofty and Aussie's Health}}}}} Waiting is the worst. I agree about training ourselves to think for the best rather than the worst--I think Optimistic Thinking is a character trait worth cultivating. I believe both of you will get positive news and your health will continue to get better and better.

I say this as a Champion Worrier, so I'm working on it too.

One of my first SR friends came back! I'm so happy to see her again. I've missed her.

I am muscle sore this morning from yesterday's 12 mile run but not broken or achy. Big improvement!

Ok Marchers I've got billable work to get in the can. Have a GREAT SOBER HAPPY MONDAY.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Editor

PF- you put a smile on my face. Those are the moments we live for.
Sending good vibes to everyone. A wise man on here has advised many a person not to rely on Dr. Google.....That is some good advice. I have died multiple times from my symptoms.
Lofty-- I know how you are feeling....I am right there with ya. You know what I am talking about.
This is one crazy ride we are on. Life is good and smoothies rock.
By the way Aussie.....You can make your own smoothies at home if you have a blender.....Highly recommended. You can put extra mars in there.
One Day at a time
DAve
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
I say this as a Champion Worrier, so I'm working on it too.
I read this as "Champion Warrior" and that you are with all that running.

Dave I have a blender but it's attached to a food processor and it always seems like a lot of bother to get it out and clean it up so I never use it. My hips may thank me for that because there would be a lot of ice cream going in and I am already overdosing on the stuff.LOL.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty how are you doing today?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Haha..I read it like that too, aussie!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

PF, that is a FABULOUS moment to share with your son. Nice work.

Lofty and Aussie, you both are in my prayers, even right this moment.

Dee, it's crazy how easy it is to forget that we have nothing to complain about ... thank you for the reminder.

I've been as busy as I predicted. I'm home right now for about 10 more minutes before we have conferences at my little one's school. I'm kinda tired, but in a good way. I really, really, really do love my job! Today's regular meeting rocked, and then I had such a great time training a bunch of other leaders and receptionists in some new procedures. What a fabulous group of people I have the joy of working alongside!

Day 12.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh I wasn't preaching LOL

it's been a rough few weeks for me, and I've been down the last few days...but the sky is blue, the birds are singing, my house is clean thanks to the home help I have and I have shopping coming soon delivered to my door....

I have a lot of friends, here and elsewhere and I'm doing better physically this week than I have for a while...life's pretty good even with the speedbumps

D
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Busy, busy, Aussie! I've been challenged keeping my paperwork straight for the last 48 yrs. I read that Frances is a champion warrior at first as well!

Today was a better day. Other than feeling fat, I am feeling okay. I took coffee out of the equation today, and I think it helped. I noticed tonight my night vision was crystal clear. I like that.

Went out for chinese tonight at a buffet my wife just signed for her business. I have to say it was the worst food I've had in a while. Old and cold. I don't think it will last. We then dropped the kids off, and now for the next video chapter of Dave Ramsey. I like him better in the course material than I do on the air.

Glad to hear things are a bit better, Dee.

Stay sober and alert everyone!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
orangutan

PBC yahhh for Day 12!

Dee great attitude!

Lofty, we have a great Chinese resturant here luckily because its our only resturant.

Mirage how are you, your very quiet?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'd love to hear from you, too, Mirage. What's up in your world?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

"Sober and alert," I like it!

Up early and have the chance to make today GREAT. Tonight's run is a local charity fundraiser with drinks at the local bar afterwards. I'll have....seltzer. I'm getting kinda predictable that way!

Hope everyone has a great day!

My friend got sprung from the hospital yesterday afternoon. The doctors wanted to keep her but she and her husband said, ENOUGH.

She needs twice-a-day monitoring for the IV antibiotics she's on for the infection, but a visiting nurse can come to the house for that.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

advice for a friend?

Hi All,

Been reading and following along, celebrating and rejoicing, praying when needed, plus my daily prayers for you all.

I have an online friend who has just quit drinking, not for the first time. Besides recommending this site and sending a link for the Class of Nov '11, and regular pep talks, what else can I do?

I was wondering if there are any supplements recommended, foods to be avoided, anything that is particularly helpful in the beginning that I could pass on?

Would very much appreciate good thoughts and prayers for this friend!

I am doing very well with the drinking, or rather, not drinking. It is funny, though, sometimes I smell wine when I see someone on TV drinking red wine. The smell makes me nauseous now.

Thanks very much!
Rosie
Old 11-08-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Rosie! Great to hear from you!

Thanks for the prayers, and glad for you and your friend. Your friend is lucky to have you.

Smell is our strongest sense for memory. I have had that happen as well. The mind is an amazing thing.

I would recommend that you tell your friend about the AA Big Book, and Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Drinking. Both are worth the read, and take different approaches.

I also found that I had a sweet tooth in early sobriety. I'd find that something that satisfies it, and have it on hand. As healthy as possible. I also had plenty of almonds an other nuts on hand for something to gnaw on. I also believe it doesn't hurt to schedule yourself silly. Time at a coffee shop reading, a book store, anywhere that triggers won't be found, and the mind can be occupied. Of course, meetings are a great time as well!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Rosie nice to see you here!

I was thinking yesterday about the number of days I have spent sober this year, I had a long stretch of 105 days and now up to 133 days added together thats 238 I have had more than that sober this year but just going by that number if I allow one bottle of wine for each day(and that is minimum) thats a lot of wine when I looked at it like that it really freaked me out.

Hope you are all well its pretty quiet here latley.