Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on your successful dinner, Dave! It sounds like you had fun, and a blizzard does sound yummy.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, Dave! Way to play it out. I had a similar night on my 90th. Had a small group gathering with ur close church friends. Everyone but me drinking, but nothing said, and nothing felt by me. I am really okay with not drinking around drinkers, which has turned out to be a surprise to me. I guess by admitting my problem to myself and taking ownership, I no longer try to blame or project it on others. That is a growth spurt that happened without me knowing.

Glad you are staying at it, Pbc! Who needs booze anyway?

Glad to hear everything is well for everyone!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight! We get an extra hour of being sober! Woot!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh and I discovered the BEST Blizzard this summer called the Brownie Batter Blizzard. Omg...sooooo good. I'm not sure how I discovered it..I think it came to me in a vision..either that or Tony told me. But I don't know how HE knew about it. I'm thinkin it came to him in a vision. Either that or he saw an ad for it. I don't think it's even on the menu, it's that good. (That made no sense.) Waste no time in going out and trying it!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was just standing here working, when all of a sudden everything went black ... when the light returned, I was lying on a feather bed in front of a roaring fireplace, surrounded by rose petals, holding a container of decatant frozen chocolatey goodness ... an angel whispering in my ear, "brownie batter blizzard ... a gift from God Himself for you ..."

I do believe I need to heed this call. Wouldn't want to disappoint the Big Guy.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
orangutan

I want one , I want one , I want one..........

Whats a blizzard?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mmmmm.....Chinese and Blizzards.....Mmmmm

Yeah DAVE! Way to keep on Marching. Well done.

PBC, I know if you decide to do the day-before-turkey gig, you can plan it out with room for you to breathe.

A blizzard is a milkshake-y concoction soft ice cream with candy and extras beaten into it. (Did I get that right?)

I was at a fancy lunch today with a bottle of red a foot in front of me. The waiters kept refilling everyone's glasses. I had seltzer. I didn't feel tempted at the party but just now after my short run, feeling the afternoon sun fading, I felt a pang pang pang of I WANT I WANT.

Just like Dave said, lemme just play this baby out....I'll get drunk, I'll feel miserable, I'll have a wicked raging headache.... SO instead I'm having a huge glass of water with fizzy vitamin C in it.

I'm sad about the time changing, and losing an hour of afternoon light. I'll just have to grab it in the morning. Booze is not going to make the sun shine brighter.

My friend in Denver developed an infection, damm. The good news is they caught it. The bad news is that the super-powerful antibiotics for 6 weeks will make her feel crappy. It sux.

Upsides: Don't think I've mentioned but I'm going to London Thursday for 5 days for a friend's 50th birthday. We are staying with them. Our hostess knows I've quit so it won't be a problem. I'm happy and nervous about being away again so soon but it's all good. I can handle it because I'm a Marcher.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Maybe I need to go buy some delicious chocolate sorbet and eat it from a fancy glass.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
orangutan

Frances sorry about your friend is she still in hospital?
Have fun in London , is that a long way from where you live , it sounds soooo exciting!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for your friend Frances.
Have a good day all

D
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Lol aussie..that was funny. Yep..what frances said. They sell them at Dairy Queen which is an ice cream shop. Pretty much a milkshake and you pick what's in it. So you can get a Snickers blizzard, a Recees blizzard, an Oreo blizzard, etc.

Oooh, London! Yay! That's exciting! (about an 8 hour flight, aussie.) Sorry about your bud, I hope she feels better very soon.

I'm off to drink way too many iced teas watchin the band.
Good job beatin that tempation boys and girls! Love ya!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes, she's still in hospital, and everything with her heart continues to mend perfectly. The infection will be treated aggressively because it was found early via a tissue culture. The protocol with heart infections is to WHALLOP them with antibiotics, sort of like chemotherapy for cancer. This is a GOOD thing because she will heal perfectly.

Aussie, your procedure is this week, right? I want to start sending you GOOD LUCK and PERFECT RESULT vibes to you now so they can build up!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
orangutan

Frances , I go on Thursday . Thanks for the vibes I will take all I can get.

Mirage I'll have my blizzard with a "mars" in it please.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday C.
Not sure I've seen a Dairy Queen around for ages - I recommend you go get a McFlurry or somethin' LOL

D
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I have to share this video ... Mike the tech guy is my absolute favorite person on the morning show that I do, and he actually made national media with this one. It's so funny, and he's such a ham! He totally plays it up! So, if you'd like to smile, just click on this:

Fit on FOX 10.28.11 - FOX 17
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Haha..very cute, PBC.

Hmm...a Mars blizzard, eh? Not sure they make those! Geez..I'll have to google what's in a Mars bar, I can't even remember. You sure they still make those, aussie??

Well the bar didn't have iced tea. Who runs out of iced tea? So I had pop which I think got to me at the end and I wasn't feeling great. It was fun, tho. I'm starting a new cross stitch today for a friend who's expecting a baby, so I'm excited about that. (Excited not for the baby, but for the cross stitch.) That sounds funny, but really. lol Beautiful day here! Taking the boys to meet the rents for lunch!

I'll start the positive vibe thing too, aussie! :ghug3
Old 11-06-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

12 miles done in perfect crisp cool weather. Two friends are running the NYC Marathon right now and I can check their progress online. Both are halfway. Crazy what motivation and training will get you.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, Frances. Enjoy your London trip!

It's a lazy Sunday today. I've been a zombie. And zombies don't have a natural propensity for or against alcohol. They are just mindless, as I am. But, I've managed to stay away from the stuff anyway.

Got to golf with a friend yesterday and then my wife and I went to pf changs for dinner with he and his wife. They are a couple that we haven't built a relationship around drinking with, and now we don't have to. Only my wife had a glass of wine. I don't know why they didn't, but it was all good.

The down side? My whole body hurts today since I only golf twice a year now!

I'll be thinking about you this week Aussie. I had an unusual call from my doctor on Thursday, after dropping my blood off at his office on Monday. I wasn't supposed to go back until 11/21, so I was worried something was back and very wrong. Of course, that meant I couldn't get through to anyone for hours, and just worried more. When I finally did get through, the call was only to remind me I hadn't paid my copay, but I actually had. I wasn't a happy camper. I am worried, as my energy level is real low lately, my legs have been swelling, and my itchy rash has settled in. Antihistamines are working somewhat though. I just have to think, though, since I'm not bouncing back in energy, health and vibrancy this time like I have in the past, that my body may not have another recovery, or may be broken from being abused too long. It would serve me right, and it wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to know what is going on. I've also been pretty irritable, and don't feel like I've been in a healthy recovery either.

Maybe this is God's way of saying "don't even think about another drink, buster"!

Enjoy the rest of your sober Sunday. Sorry your team is on a bye this week, Mirage.

Hey Dave, Dee, PF and PBC!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

hey all, had a good weekend, went to a firework display with my wife and son, and watched him play football today, gutted hes gone home, as was he as he hates going home. All in all a good weekend.

had a chuckle today, a few posts from friends saying they gt wrecked thi weekend and cant remember the night, i jut thought, omg pointless, and pathetic, its synthetic enjoyment, not real. Real enjoyment is looking at your childs face when he scores a goal and looks for you and you saw it, and gave him the thumbs up, priceless.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
orangutan

******{Lofty}}}} I have been thinking about you too ,waiting for test results is torture and with the internet these days I find myself looking up everything before I go for the test and add to my worry . I have spent this whole year going for one test or another , the first 6 months were blood tests being told my results would come done now I wasn't drinking but they didn't so on to the next step and it always takes ages between getting in to see a doc and the next appointment . I hate the waiting game.
Has your Doc told you what he thinks or is he just leaving it open for now?
I hope you can find out sooner than the 21st and I will put you in my prayers.
Stay strong.