Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Congrats and good luck to your friend Rosie! So glad you stopped by and glad to hear you are well.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rosie

Pretty simply, plugging myself into a community like this and reaching out to others helped me turn things around when nothing else did .

best to your friend - and to you

busy day today guys - later!
D
Old 11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

GOOD LUCK AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!

Should be today where you are soon enough, sending mega ALL IS WELL vibes to you.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Frances I get done tomorrow 12.30 must admitt I am getting some butterflies now.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Double post.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((aussie))) we'll all be there in spirit
good luck

D
Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Wow aussie..yeah, that's a lotta booze we're no longer drinking, eh? Thank goodness. Hang in there today (or tomorrow?) ..and good luck!! MUAH!!

Hey Rosie..good to see you! Sounds like what you told your friend is good stuff. I didn't do anything besides that really. I hope she feels ready and positive and that it works out for her. And glad you're doing well!

Thanks for askin, ladies! I'm fine..not too much new here. Had a wild dream this morning that Lofty was having some kind of family party, like a graduation party for his son or something, and he invited us to come so we could all meet. I remember meeting a bunch of people with names I didn't recognize...and then there was DAVE. Lol..you'll love this, Dave, you were like a heroin chic, skinny pale guy with make-up on. It's possiblr you were British.You were very sweet, but when we were talking, I couldn't take my eyes off your glittery eye shadow. HAHAHAHA!!!! Stupid alarm woke me up before my subconscious could distort the rest of you guys' realities. DANG IT!!

Yep, it's been a bit quiet. Those boys are workin too hard...less time to check in and be squirrely I guess.

Sup, Dee?
Hey hey, Lofty!
Have a great day, Fudger!
Great job with all those days adding up, PBC!!
Glad your friend is home, frances.
Waiting for make-up tips, Dave.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, Mirage! That was a wild dream! Especially the Boy Dave part. I have thought it would be cool to have like a 5th yr "reunion" and meet each other and our families. I'd bet we'd all hit it off pretty well in person. My vote is that we have it in Australia, or New Zealand. That gives us 4.5 yrs to save for it. And a tremendous goal to celebrate sobriety.

Aussie, you are in my prayers, my girl. I am sending strength and hope and courage your way.

Dave...I think Mirage has put it out there. Now you have to post! Come back when you can do so.

Safe travels Frances! ( I keep forgetting when you are going).

Hope all others are well! Dee, PF, Iancal, Rosie...keep on posting!

Sober humpday to all!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers! Today I will work and clean the house and pack and bring the dog to the wonderful kennel where he will stay. We leave the house at 6PM and tomorrow morning we will be in LONDON! My phone doesn't have a data plan in the UK so I won't be able to read and post as much but I hope to check in every day via the husband's ipad.

HILARIOUS about the dream.

I'm IN for NZ or Australia.

My friend is home and she is finally able to sleep. Her biggest challenge is just to rest.

The charity run last night was for the Achilles Club, that pairs runners-with-disabilities with runner-guides. One woman there ran the NYC Marathon with a blind runner. Cool. We all got a free drink token and I tossed mine on the table. Somewhere today I need to get 4 or 5 miles done on my own.

Aussie, when will you hear? Lofty, sending all-is-well health vibes to you too. And some for Dee. And more for anybody who wants them.

Have a great day Mirage and PBC and Iancal and Professor and DAVEDAVEDAVE and Rosie!!!! And anyone I missed. XO
Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

P.S.--On the work front, my big and only corporate client might be ending our contract due to restructuring. That would be stinky. However, I have FOUR new client potentials cooking. Turned in a proposal yesterday, one today, one follow-up call today and then a first-meeting next Thursday. It's kind of amazing. None of them are as lucrative as the one I might lose, but it's a whole new market for me.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

And, starting over again. When will I get this right?

Aussie, you are in my prayers, my dear.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

HUGS to you PBC.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I don't mean this to sound hard, PBC, but it's your decision to make, my friend. I know I have the struggle still each day, thinking I can drink, and I have to process the thought through, and make the choice congruent with my decision to not drink. So far, I haven't regretted that decision once. Would love for you and Jim and fam to be on the Australia/NZ trip in 2016 for folks celebrating their 5th year in recovery!

I see you there Boy Dave!

Frances...kudos to you for your optimistic approach to the potential loss of your client. I feel like I know your pain, and your joy, in the client world. Prayers for you.

I am still riddled with my "stay or go" decision at work. Complete independence would be nice, but very time consuming. Where I am at would be nice if it had fairer splits. I will decide and make a move on my decision before year end. Today, I am helping to address 35 folks with their retirement health care questions, and will do the same tomorrow. I'm hoping many of the participants become clients. Prayers are being accepted!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Safe travels, frances! I dated a guy from London for a couple years and went for 3 months after I graduated college. I was hoping to make it work and maybe move there, but it didn't, but it's near and dear to me. I loved it there. That sounds familiar, sorry if I've said that already.

Sorry PBC. Not sure how I can help. What's happening right before you decide to drink? Like do you say to yourself, 'f-it..I deserve it'? Or is it 'I can't do this'? Or more like 'just tonight and then I'll be better tomorrow'? It might be worth looking at what your mind is saying when you lose that battle, then maybe you could be better prepared to counter that voice. I understand what you're going through and it's no fun. Are you reading books yet? I know you're super busy, but maybe try to do that. Keep sobriety in the forefront of your mind...it's important to you! ((hugs))

Lmao..."Boy Dave". That's SO what it was!! I shoulda just described him that way!! Aw crap..now I have Karma Chameleon stuck in my head. *Lofty!*
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Editor

Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Editor

PBC- Sorry It truly is a daily battle and everyday is a day one for me. Yea I get a few days strung together when drinking doesnt cross my mind....but the weekend always brings the thought of the "good times". The relaxing buzz....the escape into my own place. My 50 directions settling down into ONE. Smiles.... tears...... release. Pink Floyd said it best.....Comfortably numb.That is why I drank. I was in control for a very long time but it scared the hell out of me when drinking started to take the drivers seat.
Hang overs were non existent in the beginning. Now....unbearable. One = Twelve in the end. Comfortably numb turned into drunk bunghole. Sure I could start drinking again and "handle it" for a while. I would end up right back were I started or worse.
Ok that is a lot of babble about me by me.
Here is my analogy on drinking. It is like waking up in the morning next ot some one you chose to go home with the night before. What were you thinking? Are the first thoughts you have. It seemed so right last night. It is sooooo wrong today. Kinda puts it in perspective for me.
Maybe you just have to find your scenario that makes you remember how you do not want to feel in the morning. When I first started here. I use to say what in the hell are they talking about??????Play it through>>>> Are they golfers or what? NOW I GET IT>

I am pulling for you PBC. You gotta find your thing. I guess that is the only way I can describe it. I struggle. I envy those who drink without consequence. When I am realllllllllly wanting that Bass Ale on draft in a icey cold pint glass.........I play it through. Yes that delicate hops and barley would slide down down down down with tender goodness. A slight bite of alcohol and then the fine buzz of a draft beer.
Then David would have 10 rather than stopping at one or two. Keys and driving would be involved. Because that is how I live...I can handle it. I am fine. Possible jail. Possible bodily injury. Certain loss of job if convicted of felony. Certain to follow would be loss of home, children, transportation and any hope of a future. Of course this is a worse case scenario.
Not to mention the financial strain....the mind set of always having a beer. All events coordinated around consumption.
Not to mention the horrible hang overs Draft beer creates.

To play it through. That is my suggestion. That 2hours of pleasure is not worth the worry, strain, and possible chaos it could ensue.
Not that my life is bowl full of cherries right now, but I am not in the slammer and I have a job to go to every day. I kiss my children each night before I go lay down in my bed and thank God that I am going to wake up and get to do this all over again tomorrow. I am thankful for all the times I have been on the cusp and played it through. Comfortably Numb.....I miss it..... but my sanity(what little I have) and family are so worth it.

Aussie- big hugs and prayers. You will do great.

It is what we make it.

Peace Love and Happiness
Dave

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon.............
Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wow, awesome post George..got me a bit teary.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well put, Dave. Thanks for the reminder of what it was like. I usually have to go to the newby posts for that. You are right, a couple hours is not worth the mudslide that would follow for me over the course of a week. I am not a normal drinker. I am an alcoholic. I'm not questioning that, but I am struggling with the "AA way" this week. I feel like I need reminders of what I've left to stay away and grow. I'm feeling this week that the "AA culture" is one I can't be defined by. Tough to describe; more later on that.

Anyway, good to hear from both you and Mirage.

Hugs and prayers to Aussie! Check in when you can!

Stick with us PBC!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Editor

Mirage is it today or tomorrow over in aussie land. You are the local expert.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Editor

Thanks Lofty! I have been there lately. Analyzing my existence.My sobriety. The fact is I wanna drink right now......But I don't want all the baggage that comes along with it.
That is what is keeping me sober. I guess that is good enough for now. I have never been at this cross road before. Rather perplexing for this dumb ole redneck.
Dave