Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-27-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi Suzi! It's so nice to meet you! You have a beautiful smile.

Eight months -- WOW! Congratulations! I joined in March as well, made almost 4 months and then thought I was "cured". After many tries and failures, I'm on day 10 again. I, too, have some anxiety that I deal with, as do several others of us on here. I'm learning that it's more common than I thought.

How are things with you today, Lofty? Any better?
Mirage, GREAT gift! We could all benefit from being a bit fruitier!
Dave, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets grouchy from sobriety sometimes. I didn't really have a positive thing to say about it last night! Or about anything, for that matter.

I'm SOOOO happy with how the music went this morning, though! We had a new drummer, who just started coming to our services recently. He did great! And he had fun. And we did 2 songs that I'd written, and both of them went over really, really well. (as in, the people asked to do them again very soon!) One is jazzy and fun (it was originally written as a kids' song, and even has motions ... which my daughters got the whole congregation doing), and the other is soft and meaningful with cool harmonies and a descant in the final verse. I lead again next week, and then not again until (hopefully) January sometime.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread suzie

D
Old 11-27-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I'm back online and in the car driving home. Just caught up and glad to hear how everyone is doing.

Safe and sober weekend in the woods for me. My dog was a rockstar and charmed the kids in attendance with his tricks. Good food good friends. Stars galore including the milky way.

Lofty, agree with your decision to cut bait. What Dave said about adult decisions, yes!

Yay pbc, be proud of yourself. Vulnerability and being grouchy are part of life, our sober lives. Moods pass, they change, that's normal. We have to learn about normal ups and downs. Xoxo
Pf! You are an inspiration!

I have zero Christmas spirit and no presents. I might pass on most of it this year with just the bare obligations. One day at a time
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yay!!!! Frances is home!!!!

***pounce! HUG!***

So nice to have you back with us! What was your favorite moment of your camping trip? Any epiphanies?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all! 2 down, 2 to go! This weekend was very hard for me. It's almost a ritualistic binge drinking weekend for me. I was so despairing by yesterday, that I actually planned a drink, but had to do coffee for my AA meeting, so I was gonna wait. But, then, the meeting did it's trick. The excitement and relief level in the room for getting through the holiday made for a jovial, festive meeting that dissipated my desire.

Now, just Christmas and New Years left. We will be visiting relatives, so I think they will be okay.

Glad all are home, safe, and sober. Welcome back Frances! I love star-gazing when camping! Glad you had fun.

PBC...way to hold on! Glad your worship went well. The gifts of sobriety are sure worth the sacrifices, aren't they?

Mirage, Dave...thanks for your jovial posts. Sorry about your Lions, Mirage. Dave, which Florida team were you rooting for?

PF...nice crib! Thanks for your gratitude post. Perspective sure helps us keep going!

Have a great week, all!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Lions? What lions?

I did notice that Michigan beat that Ohio team Saturday, though.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

We had to keep you guys motivated to play. But, don't get carried away, we'll only allow one or two each decade.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I loved the football banter even though I don't really understand it!

I love how people love their teams.

Epiphanies: I love being out in the woods. I love being happy and sane. I can choose to happy and sane. I can choose to move beyond dwelling on the past and create whatever Today I want for myself. I can handle people disagreeing or being disappointed with me. They made their beds. I don't have to lie in them. It's their problem not mine. I can feel proud of my own accomplishments without asking for or needing or receiving their approval.

The Christmas thing is hard. I have SO MUCH baggage and sadness and guilt around the holidays and the even the decorations. It's one big Grief Ball about my mom and anger about trying so dammed hard and never being able to fix all the f-ed up things and relationships. All the crazy codependent rituals.

So I'm just not going to do it anymore.

I'm thinking maybe books for the Must Buy people and pretty hairbands for the girl nieces. And that's it. No scouring the universe for The Perfect Present.

I need to get to Acceptance because where I am right now is more like F*ck Em.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Frances...again, welcome back. Sorry that the holidays provide you stress. I hope you won't let them, and that you will someday be able to enjoy Christmas for its true meaning in your life. If I can help in any way, please let me know. Holidays certainly are a mixed bag of emotions, as I found out this weekend.

Well, on to a GREAT week! I've got a little time to determine my business plan of attack for 2012, and to wrap up 2011 as neatly as I can.

March ON!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I'll take you up on your offer Lofty! Thank you. I sincerely want to move past and forward towards an Adult happy appreciation and enjoyment of the holidays. Maybe when I fully surrender to that desire, I'll see new possibilities. I'm ready--maybe? hopefully?--to put down all the Christmas Crap and just enjoy myself.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good trip, frances. I'm sorry that it's not a good time of year for you. Let me know if I can do anything to help, too.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm doing the cyber Monday thing and taking care of some gifts today.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
orangutan

Morning all.
Well I saw the Doc. yesterday and got my results and they were not what I was expecting.The good news I do NOT have cirosis and I do NOT have a fatty liver but I do have siderocis , my liver is full of Iron . The Doc thinks it is genetic and now I need blood tests to check for a certain gene , if it turns out to be right it means another liver biopsy to measure the amounts of iron for REGULAR blood letting to correct the iron levels.
I am so relieved for the last 6 months or more I was convinced I had cirosis.

Hi Suzi and welcome to SR.

Frances your back!!!!!!!

Professor congratulations on 250
Old 11-28-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, Aussie! That is great news! I'm not familiar with siderocis, but it sounds like it's treatable, and much less serious than any of the other considerations. Fantastic!

Blood letting? Do you think they still farm leaches for that?

I am so excited for you, and I know you are relieved! I can tell by the emoticon party you threw!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

WHOO HOO AUSSIE!

But yikes!! on the "regular blood letting"....maybe this could be something like donating blood regularly? I sure hope so. So sorry you might be facing another biopsy.

Hi Suzi and welcome. This is a pretty great place and I hope you feel comfortable. Know that you can hang out and don't have to post or say anything but that we're hear if you feel like sharing. ******{We Hang Today to Support Each Other}}}}} Huge congrats on your sober time.

I went to my doctor a few months ago and am being treated for anxiety and depression. I feel so much better without a bottomless pit of dread in my stomach all the time. Hope you can find something that helps your anxiety.

Thanks Mirage!

Hullo Lofty and DAVE DAVE DAVE and Dee and Rosie PBC and whoo hoo TOI it's been a long time and I hope you are well.

March it!

It's nice that I can look at PBC's and Professor's pretty Christmas trees.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Do you think they still farm leaches for that?
if they do that they will have to knock me out. LOL.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
But yikes!! on the "regular blood letting"....maybe this could be something like donating blood regularly? I sure hope so. So sorry you might be facing another biopsy.
My husband said the same thing but my blood test area abnormal so probably not and the biopsy wasn't as bad as I thought so I am o.k. with that as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you had good news aussie - and might I add I'm really impressed with the way you've stuck to your recovery through all of that

D
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Ah, Aussie, I see. If your blood is abnormal it won't be acceptable for blood donation. Is that right?

Maybe the therapeutic bloodletting process will be similar to blood donation. For me, giving blood isn't too bad.

I'm just hugely relieved for you that you have a diagnosis and it's curable. WHEW.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Double post! Which gives me a convenient place to note that as usual Dee hits the nail right on the head about your amazing commitment is to your recovery.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really glad that you had good news aussie - and might I add I'm really impressed with the way you've stuck to your recovery through all of that

D
Scared straight.
I have given this a great deal of thought ,would I drink again if everything was o.k.? The booze has definatly been calling me lately but I really don't want to go back to the drunk I was also every time I thought of drinking what has mostly kept me sober is the thought of coming here and confessing to you guys and losing all those sober days I have accumulated that I am so proud of . I still have a way to go to get my liver sorted and I hope to be stronger in my sobriety when I do and give my liver a gentler life without alcahol.