View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

Hi Suzi! It's so nice to meet you! You have a beautiful smile.

Eight months -- WOW! Congratulations! I joined in March as well, made almost 4 months and then thought I was "cured". After many tries and failures, I'm on day 10 again. I, too, have some anxiety that I deal with, as do several others of us on here. I'm learning that it's more common than I thought.

How are things with you today, Lofty? Any better?
Mirage, GREAT gift! We could all benefit from being a bit fruitier!
Dave, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets grouchy from sobriety sometimes. I didn't really have a positive thing to say about it last night! Or about anything, for that matter.

I'm SOOOO happy with how the music went this morning, though! We had a new drummer, who just started coming to our services recently. He did great! And he had fun. And we did 2 songs that I'd written, and both of them went over really, really well. (as in, the people asked to do them again very soon!) One is jazzy and fun (it was originally written as a kids' song, and even has motions ... which my daughters got the whole congregation doing), and the other is soft and meaningful with cool harmonies and a descant in the final verse. I lead again next week, and then not again until (hopefully) January sometime.