Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Aussie...I hope you'll go to the link below and read about PAWS:

Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies
Thanks for this Lofty , I finally got around to reading and can definately relate.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

So tonight's been a bit of a rough night for me. I went to the photographer and wasn't really happy with any of the pictures she took. The lines around my eyes were WAY darker than I've ever seen them. My eyes look psychotic. We tried for a long time, too. I finally chose one. I hope she can make it look decent.

And then I got home, and the house was pure chaos. Christmas decorations everywhere, boxes, junk, laundry, dishes ... AAAAH! *Cue self-indulgent pity party focusing on "why do I have to do everything???"*

I wanted a drink really, really badly. Jim and I went out to do some errands, and we came SO close to stopping to pick something up. He wanted something, too. But, he held my hand and told me that he loved me and asked me what I really wanted to do ... and I decided to go home instead. Of course, then I've been a total grouch all night because I really wanted to drink, while at the same time wanting to NOT want it and knowing it's better to not have it. Hence, a super-de-duper-cranky me.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hang in there..you did the right thing, good for you! I know that feeling you're talking about SOOO well...the feeling like a grouch cuz of those reasons. It'll pass..have a hot bath and a snack maybe and go to bed. You'll be grateful tomorrow, I can tell ya that! Hugs.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
orangutan

****{PBC}}} hang in there, you will be glad you did in the morning!
I have been hanging out in the "stories of recovery" a lot lately and read some very inspiring stories. I say it is a must read section here at SR.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
orangutan

OMG Mirage you read my mind !!!!!! and posted my post!!!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Lol...I'm creepy that way, aussie! Not unlike those cats!! Ok, they're kinda cute.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Lol...I'm creepy that way, aussie! Not unlike those cats!! Ok, they're kinda cute.
What cats?

LOL.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

You did the right thing, PBC. I wanted to drink tonight as well, since my wife was ascrappin', so now we're not aspeakin', so I went to the room at 6:30 and have been lying in bed since. I hate hormones!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Let me add, I hate hormones when no effort is made to keep them in check.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

you made the right choice PBC

D
Old 11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Administrator

we posted together Lofty - thinking of you too, man

D
Old 11-26-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Lol aussie...got me!

Sorry Lofty..I hope tomorrow is better for you, too.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

250th Day

Morning marchers, just sharing the difference between this year and last on my 250th day.

Last xmas I didnt pay the rent so my son and wife had presents for xmas, which were all bought last minute.

This xmas, they have 5 times what they did last year, and its all now bought wrapped and under the tree.

Last year we nearly lost the home as a result.

This year i am 3 months of being debt free having forked out over 5000 grand in a year.

This year Im looking forward to xmas coz of the right reasons, to make my family happy.

Last year i looked forward to xmas as more parties to get wrecked at.

Bascally this year is by far going to be the best one of my adult life, s0 in 16 years really. All down to quitting drinking.

Below my small towns XMAS light ON night, and a pic of my living room as it is now.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, PF! On all accounts!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm glad I held my ground last night. But, BOY was I grouchy!

I'm leading worship in a bit, and 2 of my daughters with me (my 20 year-old plays bass guitar, flute, and sings, and my youngest sings), and my hubby does sound (our poor middle daughter gets towake up early and come along for the ride ...). So, I woke them all up with a new Christmas cd that I picked up last night that's soooooo amazing! (Chris Tomlin) We're sitting here by the half-done Christmas tree in front of the fire eating breakfast and listening to this beautiful music ... it's nice.

Have a meaningful, sober day, my friends. Hugs all around!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Editor

PBC- Grouchy days are part of recovery. Heck my family new when to back off in the early stages.....now they are few and far between. Good job and rock out the worship this morning!
Lofty- Sorry the weekend didnt turn out quite how you planned. So is life. You are an adult and not drinking you can make adult decisions. That is one of the greatest benefits of sobriety to me. I am no longer living by the seat of my pants and bouncing off of every decision or non decision that I would make only to recover in the nick of time and not really know what is going on. You looked at the situation, analyzed it and made an adult decision to leave. Kudos on you bud. Heres to our one thing brother.
PF- you are blowing it up bud. I am still trying to sort out all of my financial downfalls of non management for 25 years. It will come.....just not as fast. You and your family are going to have an outstanding Christmas! Your home looks wonderful and full of Christmas cheer. Good on you man.
Mirage- We have been meaning to talk to you about the creepy thing.......
Aussie- I think I must have smelled that bad for a long time.......whew! I am glad that I am past all of that!
Dee- Please keep us straight! Never mind.....I dont want to ask the impossible.
frances- are you back from your adventure yet???????

Marchers March
Happy Day to all
Dave
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Fudger...I'm so glad most everything is better for you this year, than last year. That's wonderful. Your place looks great! You have so much to celebrate this year!!

Happy you're having a good morning, Pbc..have a great day.

Hi Dave! Hey Lofty! Sup Dee? Yoohoo aussie! Knock knock frances! Hello Rosie!

I'm going to my nonna's (Italian grandma) 95th birthday party today! Gonna be with all of my dad's side..aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids. Should be a good time. It's sort of a running joke with my family that my grandma doesn't want gifts or like gifts and she gives them away pretty much. So, with my brothers, I got her the Fruit of the Month club through Harry and David for 6 months. (I know..she's 95, but I'm feeling optimistic. lol) Every month, some fruit will be delivered to her. So anyway, I figure if she doesn't want the fruit, she'll give it to my dad, who in turn will give it to me. So basically I think I'm getting my kids fruit for my grandma's birthday.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Newbie and lost

I am new here and lost. I am sure I will get it. My name is Suzi and clean for eight months. I have extreme anxiety and find it so very hard to go to meetings everyday and even go on here even though no one can see me. So any advice is geatly appreciated. Thankyou
Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hi Suzi..welcome to SR and congrats on 8 months! You can also post in Newcomers to Recovery if you want to reach more people. There is also an Alcoholism thread and many others. Look around and get comfortable, it's a great site for support.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Suze. Welcome to the Marchers! I think dealing with the anxiety is part of recovery. We don't have the mechanism to dull and soothe the senses any longer, so we must find other outlets, like exercise, yoga, prayer, meditation and such. I've got significant anxiety this weekend as well, which is uncommon for me. But, in my book, it beats depression; at least I have energy in anxiety. Not sure what's causing mine. Maybe because we're putting up the tree and decorations, and I am without my egg nog.

Congrats on 8 months! I began the journey in March, but fell off for a couple months, and rejoined in August. So, I have a little over 3 months. I couldn't have done it without SR.

As Mirage said, us Marchers are a great group, and you are welcome here, or on any of the great threads on SR.