Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 8

Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for being MIA - been a busy week... and to top it off - after it was all over, I fell.
No lasting damage but I'll be taking it easy this weekend.

Be good everyone LOL

D
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Aw poop..take care of yourself, Dee!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sorry about your fall, Dee. Hope you take it easy this weekend. Did you ever find out from the doctors what's going on?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

no real answers no - this fall was my own fault.

my foot got caught in something as I was trying to clean it up...I literally yanked myself off my own feet...Charlie Chaplin would be proud LOL

D
Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dee sorry about the fall , I hope Mrs Dee is taking real good care of you.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good night, all. More meaningful messages in my life tonight. I'll share them later. Tired, and sober, right now. Bartender was nice to pour my ginger all and marischino cherries in a drink tumbler so I could be incognito.

Made a lot of new business contacts and learned a bit about my existing ones. It was a great night, overall.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here guys - just taking it easy

Night John Boy...
D
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Everyone is a Genius

I think I'm going to study Albert Einstein. His genius was so much more that E=MC2. As I've grown older, I keep hearing so much of his wisdom that I've never heard before. Now I see his true genius.

Doesn't the poster below speak volumes about our unique relationship with alcohol? When I was drinking, I can totally relate to the fish...

Everyone is a Genius.jpg
Old 10-22-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Editor

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Tonight on 20/20, Mariah Carey will be showing her twins on t.v. for Barbara Walters. I guess we'll get to see her kids, too.
Already seen um.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Editor

Dee I hope you are feelin better.
Arunnin we will go. arunnin we will go. Hi ho amerrrio a runnin we will go.
Not me of course. My boy!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Feel better Dee! Glad you are taking care of yourself.

LOL Lofty, I remember my "brilliant" idea that I could deal with my anxiety with well-placed glasses of wine. SO smart. not. lol

Dave, a runnin' I will go, a runnin' I will go! Good luck to your son today. I'm out the door in a few to rack up 12 with my crew. (We're slow but we get it done.)

Be good Marchers!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine guys - no concussion at all

I'm fine guys - no concussion at all

nah just joking...see you all my tomorrow

D
Old 10-22-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Went and saw Real Steel today. I really had no intention on seein it, but I wanted the whole fam to go to the movies today and it was the best choice. I loved it!! haha Those fighting robots really kicked some a**! It was really fun. I even got choked up at the end..good grief, I'm such a weenie.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good stuff, Mirage. I heard it was great. I may go see a movie tonight. They gave us money and shuttles to go out, but they've been feeding us all day, so I think I'll skip it and pocket the cash. Maybe I'll work out. This would normally be a blowout night, and is for most here, so I'll be running solo to keep from being tempted. Plus, I only know a handful of folks here, and they are in groups. Not gonna blow 77 days for one night of fun.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I like the way you think, Lofty Ideals!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Dee, I hope you're completely recovered from that fall! Did anyone capture it for the Funniest Home Videos show? But honestly, I'm praying for you. You are such a source of compassion and inspiration for us ... it hurts to know that you're dealing with such physical ailments. You deserve full and complete healing NOW.

Dave, how did your son do? My middle daughter made 3rd in conference for volleyball .. which she was pretty upset about since last year they made 1st.

Lofty, I LOVE that quote! I'm definitely going to use it. I think of my own kids ... they're each so unique with such different gifts ... and they excell in their own ways. They're all superstars to me!

Mirage, weenies are delicious. Be proud!

I've had a great last couple of days. The tv segment went well ... no major flub-ups. (you never know with live tv .... there are no do-overs) At the awards ceremony I attended afterward, I was given one of the highest awards for my work. I am happy about that! I was also recognized for some of the other things I do ... in fact, the senior vp of operations who runs the company in NY recognized and knew of the past things I've done with the company. I can't help but be encouraged by that!

And then the stuff at church today completely rocked. I was there most of the day, from 9am until about 10pm ... and I'm beat. But about 150 people came and celebrated with us, and it was fun, and everything went quite well. The music was mostly good, the play was amazing, the food was delicious, the kids' jokes made us chuckle, the feats of strength blew our minds, the games provided really COOL prizes, and the whole night was empowering. And now I'm exhausted.

I hope you all have had a powerful and meaningful, sober day!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks PBC
All recovered now guys - I'm just glad it wasn't worse

D
Old 10-23-2011, 03:33 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

PBC...kudos for a great couple weeks! I'm excited and glad for your success. Hope you get some well-deserved rest now.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Mirage...thanks for the compliment. I like the way I think now too. Every day seems to be a positive improvement in the transformation.

I even had the courage to go down to the hotel bar and watch the game with my peers. It wasn't a big deal that I ordered Sprite. I think insurance/investment folks know they overdo it, so it's not really a revelation for someone to recognize that and stop. Had some good conversation, and was glad I could enunciate, and chew only on food, not words. In fact, when I got back up to the room, I was feeling a relaxed buzz - spontaneously. Last time I checked, you can't get a contact buzz from alcohol, right? It must have been one of those little dry drunks back to visit for a night. I'm okay with that, as I feel great this a.m. And, I slept well.

One observation from last night? I definitely need to learn to converse again. I've been much more shy in sobriety than I was in drunkenness. I'm still funny, but its a dry wit Sometimes drinkers aren't sharp enough to understand it.

Enjoy your sober day!

Hey Dee...like your Halloweenie Avatar!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

So glad everything went great, PBC! Sounds like an exciting/busy time! Well done!

I think I know what you mean about that buzz, Lofty. Maybe not what you mean, but sometimes, like when I went to watch that gig at the bar, the not drinking makes me feel kinda charged or different. I guess it's cuz I never did stuff like that without drinking, so I feel different. It almost feels like a buzz because it's not how I usually felt. Does that make sense? Like... people who normally don't get drunk, really feel the difference in how they feel when they drink and feel that buzz. But if you're used to feeling that way, say at a bar, then NOT having a beer buzz (being sober) is kind of a buzz. Lol I'm losing my mind. But that's what I thought of when I read what you said. I'm glad you were able to go down to the bar and watch the game and be social. And I'm sure you're just fine socially.

Gettin ready for the Lions game! Fingers crossed!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Lions having a great start, and got lucky on that kickoff return.

Mirage, you know exactly what I mean. I guess I should have called it more of a lift than a buzz, but between tiredness and the "lift" when I was calling home, my speech was relaxed, which reminded me of being buzzed.