Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 10

Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

your very welcome

I know what you mean when you say that your hangovers are getting worse. In most cases, the increasing intensity of hangovers is actually alcohol withdrawal.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuesday24 View Post
your very welcome

I know what you mean when you say that your hangovers are getting worse. In most cases, the increasing intensity of hangovers is actually alcohol withdrawal.
That's what I was afraid of.... I even missed two days of work last week. I have NEVER done that before and never will again!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

AND it is progressive.

You are amazing, you can do this!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
instant

I am a strong believer that all those sober days do count for something. I do not think they are lost because we drink. We are trying to build a sober lifestyle which does not come naturally to us. each sober day we learn.

Take care all. Onward and upward.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

So much great advice here I can't add much except to say - wiggle, if you feel poorly I recommend seeing a Dr - detox is nothing to mess with.

It's good to see you back

Classical - it's good to see you back too

I think for some of us - me certainly - it can take a while to accept the reality that we are what we are - even when we really don't want to be this way.

It also took me a while to find other ways to cope with moments of great emotion...I'd turned to the bottle for 20 years.

I think it's great you didn't lose yourself - you're back and re-focused.

& Beulah - if I didn't make this clear enough in my last post to you - it's wonderful to have you back too

D
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Glad to be in this class. I've been through hell and back, dragged through the wringer, up to this day, and to still say I am part of the Class of June 2011
Old 09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Russ

D
Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Im so happy to see so many of you coming back. I know its not everyone there are still some missing but it feels like the group are rejoining and gathering strength.

Never mind yesterday, count days if it helps you, dont if it doesnt, who cares if you are on day 1 or day 3000 its all one day at a time and today we are all here sober and striving for a better life.

As Instant said - onwards and upwards gang - lets hold hands and start climbing.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
instant

Well said Pumpkin. I have had two people close to me injure themselves falling over intoxicated. One into a fire, needed skin grafts. The other lots of blood loss and lost partial use of his right elbow. So much for a good time.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
Well said Pumpkin. I have had two people close to me injure themselves falling over intoxicated. One into a fire, needed skin grafts. The other lots of blood loss and lost partial use of his right elbow. So much for a good time.
I nearly fell into a fire in a bar once. Of course everyone including myself thought it was hilarious. It was just stupid and dangerous and I'd like to punch my former self for being so irresponsible.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
instant

Elvis you have made me think that if we included all the near misses to all the alcohol related harm we would be Gobsmacked.

I think I am only slowly coming around from a deluded state, but we live in a society in which such thinking flourishes.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

From Instant:
I think I am only slowly coming around from a deluded state, but we live in a society in which such thinking flourishes.
Isn't that the truth. How long did I delude myself that I did not have a problem? (Well, about 30 years, actually) Primarily because the people I surrounded myself were doing the same thing as I? Must be normal behavior then.

I have come to the conclusion those are the scenarios I must avoid. The social functions where drinking is the norm. Football on Sundays, racing on Wednesdays, theater with our friends. Hard to let go but right now its what I have to do.

Hope you're feeling better Wiggles. Those first few days are the worst. I shudder at the thought of the torrid night sweats and dreams I had.

Classical - If there was no harm to others, then the harm that was done was fleeting. Store this in the lessons learned file and press on. In fact, I'm quite sure you already have.

Start of day 9 for me. Push on Juners.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

morning. day 7. Enjoying a cup of coffee as much as my sore throat will let me. The heat feels pretty good on it actually.

This morning my kids are being all kinds of crazy. I grew up with alcoholic parents and lost their support around the 5th grade. They are both supportive now, which I am absolutely grateful for. I would be living in a van down by the river. I can't help but think that my co-dependancy and insecurity with life is at least in part a result of them just not caring what was going on when I was a child-teenager.

Moral of the story- I have been following in their footsteps. I want to give my children the strongest foundation possible. My kids deserve me to be there. I know that I am awake now. I can't use any "poor me" excuse to drink when their well-being is at stake.

On a side note. My ex-mother in law is taking my dog for me indefinately. B has been taking care of her because he wants to "do something nice for me". Yet, when I get reports on her she is either locked in her kennel, locked in the kitchen, or out in the yard. plus he works 12 hours a day. Not a good senerio for an active pup. He also complains about her non-stop. I am so grateful to (M) thank you thank you thank you. I miss my puppy and she deserves more than that existance.

the end
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I was telling myself even this month that I didn't have a problem stream. Ha Ha.

I'll let you in on a secret.... shhhhhh. I do.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I passed out in the snow once in freezing tempuratures. Luckily my friends came to find me. I could have easily killed myself on numerous occasions.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

I am so happy to be back, much better state of mind today. Over all I feel good on this day 2. Still just barely shaky, a bit of sweats last night, sore throat and some really effed up dreams that I need to try to forget. Where do those come from???? I feel like because of what I dreamt I must be sick in the head.... hope it's not true. I almost want to call a few people and make sure they are OK But it was just a dream... just a dream....

Too bad I didn't stick to being sober back in June (or any of my other attempts since then) detox was nothing like this, although I do feel fortunate that so far nothing is too sever. Some of those stories I have read sound absolutely awful. I am a lucky one for sure.

I want to try to read the thread a little better, make some more personable comments... but for right now I am going to mark my progress and get through this next couple of days.

Oh, and I don't even want to think about what I have done while intoxicated.... really terrible things I have done. I will save that for another day if ever!

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I wonder if I would even be able to do this without you.... what a great group we have

Old 09-27-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear you are OK Classical. What has happened, has happened. Learn from it, and try not to dwell on it please. Hope today goes better for you

And Stream - double digits tomorrow! That's great, I cannot wait to have my first stretch of sober days hit that mark. It's been a few years.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear you are OK Classical. What has happened, has happened. Learn from it, and try not to dwell on it please. Hope today goes better for you

And Stream - double digits tomorrow! That's great, I cannot wait to have my first stretch of sober days hit that mark. It's been a few years.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

OK... weird posting going on again!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

It's good to have you all here this morning/today.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but never forget:

People
Places
Things

Today is #123. Another day where I need to experience gratitude and keep myself centered and humble.

These days KISS helps me out also: keep it simple, stupid!
I'm thankful for each and everyone of you here and I know I don't give the best advice or post alot. But I can promise that I think of you when you probably don't know it and I'm pulling for you day in and day out. Happy Tuesday and keep it sober and safe out there!