Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 61 - The Whiniest Part Yet

Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Least, running out of coffee is just as bad as running out of toilet paper!

I did mention that brother's construction company renovated the church and their roof did I not???? I think that gives me carte blanche to swing off the choir loft on a zip line to land on the pulpit and just ask poor Revvie when is he coming to get this furniture???

as for the funeral director, i have re-thought my interest, i can't deal with someone who makes the dead look pretty....i know my mother's jacket was stuffed with tissue paper because she had lost so much weight....thank GOD he did not call me, however, he lives in the same town, so i will run into him at some point.

I am still laughing my azz off because both of Mr. Fandy's sisters are divorcing....at the same time.....and i thought they were so superior and perfect....I guess they are mortal.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Moaning Whiners! Am tired today after a good night's sleep, I think it was all the worrying I did yesterday. I am out of practice with worrying, since I haven't been doing it as much.

Hugs to Whiners World Round. We are a Global Whining Community.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Moaning Whiners,

Its funny when I was growing up in Catholic Church we had to put on our Sunday best but now a days I have seen people wear sweats in church. Funny how things seem to mellow out w/time.

Ole Frat boy as some of you may remember has been a pretty good neighbor after all is shenanigans. Well not so much last night as he was up bouncing or banging on the walls till 1:AM

Time to get out the ****** book again or stick a doll with wahtever they stick em with

RZ poof be gone

Have a flipping fantastic Friday
Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

perhaps just a burned candle at his front door his name and pin through it, several chicken bones and a religious icon, feathers, might scare him??? I know it would scare ME!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I spent the first 30 or so years of my life studying religions. I was looking for the truth. I did find the truth for me. I believe everyone is entitled to their personal belief, whatever it may be. I also don't like complete strangers knocking on my door to ask if I have met Jesus.
I know this is a really mean thing to do, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm in the process of designing a pamphlet that asks the question, "Have you met Satan?" I'm including quotes from the Satanic Bible. This isn't my personal belief system, however, I don't care for other people bringing their belief system to my front door. And I'm pretty sure if I attempt to convert them to Satanism, they will not likely return.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - Did the meds ever show up?

Manz - You sound positively perky....

Newby - I'd forgotten all about frat boy! I know what you mean about dressing for church. We wouldn't have dreamed of showing up without a hat, even gloves. Guys would never have attended unless in a suit. Hopefully, more show up now that it's more casual.

frances - Worrying does sap our strength & suck the life out of us. If only there were a way to turn it off.

Auggie - We recently had several of those visitors - the hounds of hell went ballistic, though & they beat a hasty retreat.

Fandy - I agree it would be a bit creepy & difficult to get past what the director did for a living. Someone more worthy will be along.

Canterbell - There's no such thing as overwhining.

cmc - I agree with Ann, you are missed when you have to be away from us. So sorry for the troubles - may things improve soon.

My weather whine has been taken away - it's in the 80's with a lovely breeze. Now to find something else to take it's place. Shouldn't be hard - whines are in the air everywhere.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
cmc

Here's a quick whine-by:

I'm having a pretty good day today and don't have a whine.

Ann....ty for you kind words.

Oh Auggie....I don't care much for uninvited 'so-called' preachers or soliciters of any type at my door either. To me that is just rude, and I'm sorry to have to think this way but when _anyone_ comes to the door like that....they just may be casing the place to come back later to steal and/or break in.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No! His insulin still hasn't come!! I'm beginning to think it was misdirected and someone else got it and didn't have the decency to give it back to the mail man. I called them Monday and politely demanded an immediate and expedited replacement order. At no charge, of course...

I also don't like complete strangers knocking on my door to ask if I have met Jesus.
I always tell them I'm Buddhist and they go away.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

If anyone ever came to my door and asked me if I met Jesus???... "oh YES, of course I know him...he lives in my walk-in freezer in the vegetable bin"! Would you like to visit with him?...just as good as a mastiff.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
cmc

least....that really stinks....I hope they can track it for you...Sheesh, maybe you can find a consumer advocate through the local news or something? edit: fyi....To see if your area has a 211 community service.... dial the # to find out; they know how to direct callers to the appropriate services available.

Hev..thanks so much; and things _are_ getting better but not so much as to hinder the effectuation of my whining. I might retry the med that gave me the 'insta-sun burned' look over this WE; but only if I'm feelilng brave.

I waited and a whine appeared!

I can't stand the curly tail lizards that have recently invaded the property; and one of them has been sneaking around here going in and out from under the garage door through a teensy gap in the seal.
Ugh....he was just looking for prey from my sliding door where I'm sitting, and is even uglier on the underside and in need of a few WW meetings, since his middle is about 6-7 inches across on about a ten inch long body. I hate this kind almost as much as the iguanas. (except for the cute lil baby iguanas of course)
Bahamian Curlytail

This one, on the other hand; is allowed to visit anytime because I like him/her.
The actual lizard that sits under the eave to my front door for hours at a time & is a bit larger & more brilliant in color than this photo, but my pics of it aren't very good so it'll have to do. Ours is kelly-green with bright yellow markings.
Knight Anole
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The perfect response Fandy
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CMC, I shall watch for those nasty curlytails when I come to your lovely state this winter.

Queeny is sick today gang, slept too much to whine but am on the mend and should be good as whine tomorrow. Summer sickness is just not right.

Keep the whines a'wailing.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Feel better Ann...put your feet up, a bit of ice cream and lots of rest.

well it's been fairly whineless most of the day..just a few good ones here and there.

it is a whine-filled weekend for all of us, hope we can manage it. good night guys.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

fands, were lauging with you

as it just goes to show you jane

you bet newb

when those guys come knocking at the door,

i just smile, and say your all going to hell!

then say, have a nice day

Mrs C

stuffed, those lizards would make a great hat rack
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Well done Fands. I try to keep my responses believable, and turn the tables. When they come to my door I try to get them to come in so I can tell them all about the one true religion, and that we are always looking to spread the word of our "gods." I really would have them in and continue but they have all back pedaled so fast each time that I am sure they have put my address on the off limits list.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Perky one day......or a few...and then.....

Life is a

Not gonna whine this one out, far too complex. Suffice it to say....
Old 08-06-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

moan'n whiners

and when they come to the door,

we have the technology to whine them to death!

"Don't quit before the Whines happen"
Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Don't have any Worthy Whines, so I'll just keep whining until I have some to share.
Whine on Whiners.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm with you, frances. Good morning whiney ones.