Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 59

Old 06-17-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have no whines other than being up so early to take dk to work...

Welcome Mayaandme and Latte.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

welcome to W.A. maya

mamz, i agree with queeny

and fands,

i'm going with the Smoke Signal bit

as your way past Long Island from me...

and it is...

a Long Island!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have friends with a house in the Hamptons??? and NO they are not Concierge doctors like the TV show.

I amsorry Manz.....I'm a professional too....and i seem to be a professional whiner..which i guess is a step up from being a professional WINE drinker?

woke up at 4:55AM to a giant thunder storm...great for the plants but i could have used the extra 20 mins. of sleep....so far this am i have downed 3 cups of coffee...including high octane Kona....and i am eying asugar-free Red Bull.

i have to give an exam in 2 hours that takes 2.5 hours.....in a quiet room with no internet! I think it is time i just gave it up and went for the smart-phone.....suggestions on the best Verizon droid are appreciated....maybe Under-roo oath can help me with his lightening fast posting???/

and BTW, NO ONE DARES to look at their phone in any of my student classes....it's taken as being VERY rude to the instructor. (but med. school is different...they are paying 25K a semester...they had better not be bored on their own dime).

back later whiners....i have crossword puzzles to do during the exam....i guess that is good for my little brain.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Whine: gained one pound when I doubled up on my ballet yesterday. That just doesn't seem mathematically fair!!!! lol
Old 06-17-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Marking my whine-spot in the new thread. *snicker* "under-roo oath" (Fand, he might be too young to even GET that joke. Assuming under-roo is a boy.)

Donotlike changing threads, donotlike Dee changing his avatar even though he's told me it's OK, donotlike other things too.

Full of grats this morning so HUGS to Whiners In Need.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

OMG DG one whole pound how about 50 lbs then we'll talk lol

I am in a pissy mood just in time to see my Dr..Yippi

I'll be back like the terminator says or are we calling him the cheatinmator?

Have a ? Friday
Old 06-17-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Newmommykid constantly exceeds her own sense of self importance and entitlement... She called me a while ago asking if I could do her a favor. I said, as I always do, "that depends on what it is". She asked me if I could foster a kitty for a month. I said "no, I"m not taking on any more animals". She nagged and whined and finally hung up on me after 'thanking' me for all my 'help'. The kid really thinks she's Queen of the World! Her problem, not mine.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll be back like the terminator says or are we calling him the cheatinmator?
I heard him referred to as the Sperminator!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

oh yessss, the sperminator.....REALLY! the whole fiasco is such an embarrassment...tell me you do not notice for 10 YEARS that the live-in help's kid looks just like your husband ???

I have some swamp land for sale in Connecticut.....
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

That is all.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When someone who shall remain nameless says "Queeny, you just go find the bathroom you want and hire someone to do it and leave me out of it. I trust your taste and it's just not my thing, so do it however you want"... then they should just stick to that and not interfere, or cause said project to delay for any reason.

The Queen of Whines is not amused today.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

sooooo, Mr. Bubba has offered to gut the bathroom and re-tile it??? he is a stone mason??

a little tidbit of information...cheaper tile is usually thinner tile and can crack easily...you will find that your walls will be slightly askew and have to do lots of cutting...diagonal patterns will cost more because there is a LOT more cutting...same for subway. glass tile borders are difficult to cut (more expensive too)...quality of granite is important and excellent cutting ability means it is less likely to crack....going floor to ceiling tile enlarges the small rooms as does a diagonal pattern...at least that's the way it looks to me...kind of Alice-down the rabbit hole feel for the room...
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

forgot to issue an inquiry to all of the whiners with aches and pains, Newby's doctor visit, Rebel's torn ligament, others who have been mightily annoyed by stupid drivers and ultra-expensive contractors.....

my bathroom is nearing completion.....just the new door is needed, hanging of fixtures and sink plumbing and installing the toilet....it looks like something out of a magazine...except for Fandy playing in the new tub with the tile spacers....and of course the dog drank his water too fast and ran to the newest floor to spit up....if the contractor were there when he did that, i have no doubt I might have found Sammy on the grill....HOT-Dog.....
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
sooooo, Mr. Bubba has offered to gut the bathroom and re-tile it??? he is a stone mason??
Oh no, he's not offering (thank you God) to help at all...even though he is a steamfitter which is a plumber who does industrial big pipe stuff and who could do plumbing very easily...except he doesn't want to and it would be over my dead body anyway because we would fight our way through the entire reno and I am a peaceful lady who knows better than to do home reno's together. We have been married 100 years by NOT doing renos together.

He is just annoying me and interfering. Either he's in on the decisions or he's out...but when one says one is "out" one cannot later decide to be "in" at will. It's just annoying.

Did I say I am having an annoying whiny day?

But I feel much better now, thank you for asking
Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
cmc

Whoa! Part 59 already???

Time flies when you whine.

My whine today is about:
Statewide, in the 28 to 30 hours through Wednesday night, 50,000 lightning strikes were recorded, said Jim Karels, director of the state Division of Forestry. From the Florida Panhandle to Miami-Dade County, more than 420 brushfires — many burning out of control — have charred more than 115,000 acres. June 16, 2011 SunSentinel

The air quality in some places is in the orange zone (101-150) and has seemed worse than that most mornings this week.

:chatter weather whine-ku

dry weather plus some
strong easterly winds blowing
makes me cough & sneeze

If we don't get _alot_ more rain here soon, I'm going to have to start doing the rain dance.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welll GOOD GRIEF!!!! if he is a steamfitter.....he can absolutely buy whatever bathroom renovation you WANT....I know you are trying to just beeeeyoootify the place and upgrade from the standard builder stuff...it's not like you are purchasing 24K gold faucets and a live-in masseuse...pick out the nice stuff and find a hungry contractor who has pictures of his renovations.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Whiners, I have surfed the whine-causing-issue, with the help of a supportive friend.

Wish I had a surfing smiley....(hopes hopes hopes)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

How many damn times should I have to warm the water pot to remember to pour it in the tea pitcher? 5? That's my new personal best, which I achieved today. Now, I have to wait to have my crutch of a glass in my hand!!!!!!!

Damned ADD!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Wink

My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met. -Rodney Dangerfield, comedian (1921-2004)

Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - Bubba should know better than to have an opinion about the reno when he clearly stated some months ago that you could handle the whole project. Bad Bubba.