Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 59

Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I do have a teeny whine, though. I asked Mr. Hev to mail a sympathy card on his way to work. We had two types of stamps - and he chose The Simpsons.

Sorry, but The Simpsons on a sympathy card???
Old 06-18-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I think that Marg is a very sympathetic symbol...she puts up with Homer and Bart, is the mother to Lisa...and takes care of Homer's father.....the woman is a Codie with Blue High hair!

my contractor showed up on my doorstep to continue work...now I need to get out of here....i just like to come home and all the work be done...like elves...but i had to show him where i wanted the fixture stuff placed, glass shelves, towel bars, etc....then he had turn off the water to finish something...so i need to shower too.

he needs to access the master bathroom so i cannot get in there right now.

Newby,you are correct, i would rather whine about the bathroom decorating over liver disease any day of the week! ID remember what the normals are for A1C....I think that 6 is the highest you should ever be but they flucuate during the day and eating....(mine was once 9). but if you are newly type 2, you gots to watch that part....are you on insulin? or just glucophage?

once i stopped drinking my sugar dropped back to normal....now if i can just take off 20# i'm purrrrfect.....i am giving up the 2 pints of ice cream i've been diving into every week, switiching it out for the skinny fat-free greek yogurt with fresh fruit instead...it's my bedtime TV snack.....and pre-measured with zero sugar except for the fruit.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got a good (free) haircut but still feeling crappy and anxious. Sick of always being broke. On top of all that, I think beagirl has a UTI cause she's peeing constantly... and always on the floor!! No money to take her to the vet so will just have to clean it up many times a day.

Sick and tired of this sh!t...
Old 06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Arghhh!!!! My marriage must have been made in Babylon. I say one thing, and an entirely different thing is heard!!!! The harder I try, the worse it gets!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good moaning,

It' one's perogative to change one's mind .... so I'm with Obi on this... with Dee! (agree with dee is catchy, yes?)

During the week, had major tete a tete with the housing bureacrats........ have my little problem of not having half a leg with it's existing problems (not all amputees can run marathons folks fyi). There is now a serious skin problem because my place is sooooo small I cannot use my wheelchair when I need to.

Anyways, new house has been classed as a non-runner. Apparently, I should be choosing something similar to existing accomodation but bigger. Namely, armed robbers and junkies should be a local neighbourhood attraction. Asked said bureaucrats, was this an exercise in social engineering rather than housing someone who hit hard times and had to avail of social housing!!!! I have no gauranteed income........so it's Hobson's choice for me.

Estate agent actually rang me and said, you know what....they say they are taking your needs into account but they are not sincere....and that if they were told what to do they would do it. Said realtor had taken a shine to me. So rang local politician to lodge complaint. Rang bureacrats back and one mid manager was stuttering when I said realtor had rang me .................... arggggh.

End result is meeting of the housing board to re-evaluate my needs and those like me.....i.e. medical priority.............so expecting more empty rhetoric............

That day I had a total and morning, between bureaucrats, RLK, sore stump, back pain due to scummy ex - unable to clean unsuitable accomodation and felt totally overwhelmed by things. I walked metaphorically away from everything and felt like drinking - I picked Noah up early and went to the park..........boss rang me and said can we do a diary update and I said NO....hung up...........i just needed a break from everything............. felt good to escape prison like accomodation and see Noah out in the sunshine in nice decent area. (near where I used to live)

Boss sent me message saying he was getting on plane and needed to do a diary update within forty minutes..........shouted over to Noah .......come on or I'll get sacked........flew back to house..........grabbed book and rang boss.............he asked nicely, what's up.........I told him I needed a holiday and hoped it was ok........he said you don't need my permission..........how long do you want.......said do you need a cheque et cetera............. oh the sense of being able to breathe again................Thank you God and said boss...........

Later that night, after sending boss invoice, he mailed me and asked me did I need more than the balance......... THANK YOU AGAIN GOD AND BOSS.........declined tho......don't like borrowing money .........only for dire emergencies........

Also today, found a lovely lady who will do the difficult housework for me ....... THANK YOU GOD

So whiners, if any of you managed to wade through that diatribe and there was more to do with scummy ex and child support...........I want ye to know........if I fall off the map.............it's because things ain't good at all.........

Obviously, now things are not so bad and had lovely day today............Noah's soccer, shopping, car valeted and new wheels, and now Noah is very happily watching a class movie, School of Rock............he LOVES it.....

Have class kitten pic to post later............

Thank ye for letting me vent.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh Least - and you've been feeling so much better. Prayers for beagirl.

Dee - Very funny, my friend. Well at least he didn't use Homer, it was Lisa from what I can tell.

Fandy - I don't know the Big Daddy show! Is it a Jersey thing? I gain weight every time I watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, though.

MaryAnn - Well don't go falling off the map, please. We need you here. So sorry for your leg and housing issues. I like your boss, though - and cleaning person is a blessing.
Glad you whined it out.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ty HEVYN and :HUG: to LEAST. Took so long to post I missed that least....... do you not have blue cross there?

WOULD LIKE TO SHOUT LOUDLY THAT HOUSING BUREAUCRATS ARE NO BETTER THAN TENEMENT LANDLORDS OF DUBLIN's OLDEN DAYS!!!!!

Okkkkkk.............ahem.........feel better now...............

One more thing, Dr Kumar, you probably know by now, I take time to process events before acting.

Later whiners!!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Income is SS disability and I have no insurance at all. So vitamins and prayers are my health care plan. I know lots of people with that same health care plan too... On a side note... I find it hard to understand why so many of our reps and senators are against health care for "the least of these" when they themselves have wonderful "governmental health care". Guess they're the only ones who deserve it...
Old 06-18-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Maryann...******{hugs}}}}...great whines and very worthy!

Hevyn, Big Daddy'sHouse must be inthe southern regions...he may live next door to Paula Deen...they can share butter and sugar....look him up on the Food Network site...he a tall muscular piece of chocolate...in a Barry White style....with the metabolism of a ferret.....he don't do no diet cookin'!

went to the big box store.....bought only healthy foods....no chocolate, no candy, nochips...i bought cukes, asparagus, red plums, chicken, and some lox....but forgot the cream cheese!.....i did buy some very nice blue crab pate...but Fandy has his own cat food....the prices are through the roof! I did encounter lower gas prices...$3.45 a gallon and folks were lined up around the corner.

it is too hot to bake now....will try again in the morning.....

i feel bad for my contractor....he is doing all the yard work at his daughter's house in addition to babysitting 3 nights a week....i see he is smoking again too...i can hear his lungs breathing.

anyone try that new flea med that is the generic Frontline???? Pet Armour???? $25.43 for 3 month supply....wallyworld and Sams carry it....I still dose Sammy with the programme and capstar...but like to use a topical once a month...just in case at the start of the season...because when you see ONE....there are 200 you don't see until they hop across your sheets!!!

Newby, i am a sipping an icy Dr. Pepper (diet of course)!...and trying to convince myself that plain greek yogurt with splenda is better than ice cream??????....BAH!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - I promise you, it falls very short. I've tried for days to be satisfied using it as a substitute for my evening comfort food. I bought "Cinnamon Bun" and "Boston Cream Pie" flavors - hahahahaha. No resemblance to anything tasty, sorry to report.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

whine growl snarl grumble. bah.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Least...if you are on ssdi you are entitled to medicare. I know....its my business.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((Maryanne & Least )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I really can't whine after that. Made extra cupcakes to try freezing but took out of freezer before frozen. Where did they go??? I always thought I did not have a sweet tooth but it appears that I forgot that medium wine was sweet. I must say cupcakes are a much better thing for me!

Funnily my dogs turned their nose up at biscuits. I have been making excellent dog biscuits for five years and suddenly they aren't good enough. Yet my vegan cupcakes (ie cupcakes which have subsitutes for some of the main ingredients and so really are against the odds) are winning popularity contests among carnivores.

I'd actually like a Simpsons stamp on a sympathy card - something to cheer me up!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

****************{MaryAnne & Least}}}}}}}}}}}}} So very sorry for your struggles!

All is well in my screwed-up world. I realized yesterday that my older sister, with whom I went NC a year ago, has assumed the role my Alcoholic mom used to fill.

The bells went off when my dad said to me, trying to convince me to give up my "grudge" and resume attending family functions with her: "You know that's just who she is, she can't change, she can't help it, we just have to adjust to her." (My sister is a Bully and I was her co-dependent Victim until a year ago.)

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. And I'm the crazy selfish one for deciding my sanity and health were more important than propping up the family story. I am going to my first in-person Al-Anon meeting tomorrow night.

(I sincerely hope this makes some kind of sense to someone here.)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I am issuinga very important announcement:

Blue Bunny Sugar Free Cherry Vanilla is excellent ice cream...nofakey taste...and only10 more calories than the yogurt???? 6 grams of sugar.....$3.38 a quart at wallyworld.

Hevyn I actually like the orange cream yogurt and the cherry cobbler is pretty good. mostly though if i eat them at night and take my calcium/magn.zinc....i sleep much better...medicinal indeed.

Least a free haircut is very nice.....it costs me $50. to get my locks cut straight....and as a govmt. employee...I now do pay for my healthcare......$30.00 a paycheck, along with $600 a year just to park my car, dental insurance is $30. a month, and $ 27.00 a paycheck for Teamsters fees....with all of these benefits, I still rec'd a bill for $58K for my last hospital stay...for a neuro evaluations.

you can get some sort of low cost supplement for some services, but i'm no expert.

hows that for a whine a roony???? PS>>>>>I did not pay the hospital bill...it went to some sort of arbitration.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Whine: I want to drink and the guy I love doesn't love me anymore.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your troubles DG but men are like buses I think - there'll be another one along if you wait long enough....might even be the right one....

Glad you're not drinking - hope tomorrow will be better

D
Old 06-18-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hev, sat night and no hangover!

hope the new doo turns out ok least,

do hope it's not a Fifi poodle cut

fands, you think the 3 cups of Kona had anything to do with it?

the woman is a Codie with Blue High hair!
fands, I Love You!

LI, maybe its time for the King-Tut Strut

good wishes on the housing bit MA

DG dont drink, and forget the guy!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sorry for being such a grouch. Feeling a bit more 'even'' now. The haircut was wonderful. She did a great job. So at least my hair's not in my eyes.

DG, I second Rusty's opinion: don't drink and forget the guy. There are others.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Nothing like a "new do" to pick you up, Least, I'll bet it's beauuuutiful.

My hair is "below the ear-above the shoulder" one length and I'm trying to let it go a tad longer before I get a "new do". Thing is, I just know that one day I will wake up in "frump mode" and go do something foolish like getting it all hacked off.

I finished my garden today, it looks lovely and doesn't need anything else...but I am toying with a bird bath idea. If I was sure the birds would actually bathe in it, I'd get it tomorrow. My thoughts are that it would just be something else to clean.