Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 59

Old 06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Least and MAryann huge hugs.... i can relate in some to way to both of your situations.

I have been under the weather again.. I mean why me? Throwing up last night for hours was not pleasant. But this morning at least Wee Man 4 actually came into bed and slept a little longer with me..and when he got up and i explained I neede to rest he said...I'll watch a dvd mummy. And i slept for another 1.5 hours.

It is stormy, wet, windy and wild here..tornadoes down country... WINTER HAS ARRIVED.

Carry on whiners.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

DG no man or woman is worth drinking or drugging over

Thanks for the suggestion Fandy on the Bunny icecream see forgot already

I have about 1/2 a case of real Dr Pepper left and then on to the diet.

I did go to Safeway and looked for icecream w/no sugar and I couldn't find any? Is there a special location they keep it in? Its gonna hurt cause I love my Dreyers Carmel Delight but that stuff is gonna kill me. I have to get serious about this I keep saying I am going to do it and then I find myself buying more
Old 06-19-2011, 12:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy Fathers Day to all the W.A. Whiney Dads

nuff said
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy Father's Day to all the Fellas from me too. :day6

Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

(didn't drink!!!)
Whine: I have none. I feel great. Sorry! lol
Old 06-19-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Happy Fathers Day one & all

Thanks for the cookies and the little Dad joke Sneezy

Oops I meant RZ silly me
Old 06-19-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Dee, REALLY???? do you think I can lure some unsuspecting man with my new bathroom???....and the bus to NYC runs through my main road every 10 mins. on workdays....from 6-9AM...(lots of people prefer to live here and commute by bus and train...it's mucho cheaper than living in NYC~ where you get a 900 square foot apt. for
3k a month)....

i skipped dinner and ice cream last night....too tired....but i did not die of starvation. this morning it is fresh fruit and my sunday 1/2 bagel with lox and cream cheese....

my hair is just at my shoulders for the bottom part...and the top is all layered...i copied Carmen Electra's look...now if I can just get her body?????

RIP~Clarence Clemmons died after suffering a stroke last week and passed away. How about a rousing chorus of Jungle Land...in memorium...., i have seen him and Bruce both in concert several times...once very long ago at the Stone Pony....Bruce's farm is only about 35-40 miles south of me.

it's a great loss of talent.

i gotta run this AM...back later after I take the Samster to the hair salon.....yikes, another $50.00.....his hair looks better than mine!

i do admit to also being a "shampoo-aholic"....i am addicted to hair products....thankfully I now have a full thick head of hair back on my head...(another one of those benefits of sobering up and eating properly~vodka, wine and cheetos is not the best nutrition)
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Awe com-on cheeto's has a few vitamins in it
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Ok as promised..........

Is he saying to the one in the drawer... "so IS it where she keeps the tuna?"
Old 06-19-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh they are SOOOO CUTE!!!!....pretty soon they will be swinging from the drapes....a la Tarzans....my one little boy actually pulled the curtain rod out of the wall with his fat-buttisimo.

Newby they may not have Blue bunny in your area...it might be an east coast thing.....all of the big companies make a sugar free version...they mix it in with the regular stuff here, so put your glasses on....i know what you mean about getting serious.....on the vigilant side....i try and cave all the time....it seemed like everyone i saw today was running to the liquor store or for good take-out....i practically had to tie myself to the steering wheel to resist running into the pizza/wings take-out place....and the signs on the liquor store showed everyone drinking wine coolers and getting splashed by cabana boys with rippling torsos....

I cursed, went to the abandoned office building instead and collected a trunk full of big quartz rocks....then took an hour to unload them and build on my garden rock wall....a better choice for sure and maybe burned some calories too...a double bonus.

i gotta start the laundy too.....and do some house chores before i go an pick up Sammy from his spa-day....

i also read in a magazine today that complaining (whining) eases stress levels and is BENEFICIAL!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

MaryAnn, they're really cute. I just love kittens playing.

I am struggling with getting a cat or not. I just finished cat sitting for a neighbour, and Mister (the cat) was quite aloof and independent. I prefer a needy, cuddly bundle of fur.

Now you have me leaning toward a kitten, then I could train him to be needy and cuddly
Old 06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Today is adoption day at local Petsmarts.....there were at least 7 kittens waiting for the right person to keep them and spoil them rotten....i bought extra fur-cat toys...the big ones were on sale...Fandy is carrying around a torquiose RAT...and very proud of it.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Now you have me leaning toward a kitten

That should be plural: kittens, not kitten. THen you can have two cuddly balls of fur and can watch them play too. It's also nice to have two cause they have each other to sleep with and talk to and they don't do as much damage when they have a companion of the same species. (usually)

My cats have never been much for toys, but they love catnip.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Ann, when you adopt a pair of kittens you are saving their lives.....so MANY have to be euthanized....you have more than enough time and resources to make room for the fur-children....one for Bubba's lap and one for yours.....Fandy's favorite TV show is Iron Chef.....Pookie prefers NCIS (his nickname is Admiral Smoothcoat)...

there was this one little boy at Petsmart today....he was up and curious, very well socialized for that busy environment....just a regular gray tabbie with a smaller head...but SMART....if I did not already have 3 and the dog i would have scooped him up in a heartbeat....but I draw the line at 4 animals in a townhouse.

Hoping that all the fathers and father-figures are having a good holiday! I am happy for my brother, he has his son and grandson....(who he enjoys immensely)....glad he can enjoy time with them and that he is still in remission....(3+ years with >25% 10 year survival rate for that type of cancer)....I will wait until tomorrow to spoil his day with the letter from the State of NJ in regards to my mother's estate.

I am finally able to relax...i spent the day doing minimal house stuff and am just recharging my old brain cells....puzzles and magazines, a little laundry and picking up dustballs...i do not feel guilty, because 90% of the time i feel like i am playing "beat the clock"....and i was afraid of too much free time...because i might drink myself into a pit. now it is kind of calm in my head...(whew)
Old 06-19-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Plans for Monday have been thwarted, somone else let someone down and so they had to let me down...ah well. Now the Bathroom is all clean...and so am I. Clean and dressed up and nowhere to go!

So I sat down at the trusty laptop and decided to make a move in the right direction...checked out volunteer jobs(as I have an abundance of time on my hands and not terribly much to do) and called about a role teaching English to refugees/immigrants. Yes that is another of my skills, on top of being an Optician..and would give me a huge sense of worth I am sure to help others. Lets see if they actually call back. LOL.

Oh, hang on... this is Whiners Anonymous... let me see?????

It is still pouring with rain, totally persisting down in fact and does not look like letting up any time soon. I have a mountain of washing to do, and I am from the part of society that simply refuses to use a dryer(use of resources that are unnecessary, dont get me started!). I am over the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn.

Whine on my whiney mates!!! And Happy Fathers Day to all the daddys... is not fathers day here..but oh well.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Just an update...My daughter stopped by PetSmart yesterday and talked to the kitty people holding adoptions. They said the little kitten they took up there last Saturday was adopted that very day by someone who has adopted from them before. So happy to know that she is getting all settled in her forever home and will have a playmate.

Oh yeah, a whine. Um...well, today I put together a 3-shelf bookcase I ordered online for my bedroom and it went together just fine but I pinched the skin on the underside of my forearm and that hurt like a SOB!!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh how nice for kitty. I'm glad to hear of animals getting families to love them.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - No Cherry Vanilla Blue Bunny in our regular grocery store - will try to find it tomorrow at Wally World. Great suggestion. I was so shocked about Clarence. Always wanted to see Bruce in concert, but never made it. I wonder how much time he spends in Freehold?

MaryAnn - Those babies are so precious!

Ann - I vote for two kittens - they will be a joy!

While grocery shopping I was thinking to myself - how do people with 2 or 3 children even make it these days? Snacks, cereal, beverages - all the things kids love is sky high. I spent $100.00 & only have a couple meals. Cereal is around $4.00 a box, same as a loaf of bread!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

So sad to hear about Clarence Clemons. He was such a huge part of what made Springsteen so famous. I saw them back on their Born in the USA tour and it's the very best concert I've ever been to. They all give 110% to the crowd. Clarence will certainly be missed. His sound was unmistakable.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

fands, thanks for the CC note,

i had no idea.... that boy has some real soul

RIP CC

fands, are they called Hi-Hair Salons in Jawsey?

flae market whine

i have this collection of vintage insurance signs i got from a lawyer that had collected them

been hauling them up to the flea for way too long.

there seems to be no interest in them anymore,

though this one guy has been coming around for weeks looking at them, i said buy the whole collection some time ago.

came up with a price, and all he does is come back, gab, and leaves....

this morning at setup, he comes over again...

this time i said Bub!

lets do this and get it over with

here's my final offer, take it or leave it, as i have to set up!

he agrees, then says will i take a check! NO!!!

give me a deposit, and come back with the loot.

three hours later he came back, and started the gab fest again.

HALT i said, take the signs and have a nice day...

O'ye!

there ought'a be a W.A. meeting on the fleid, as we dealers have a millon of um!

yes queeny, the CYDAB crowd was in full force today

nights whiners, it's been a long ass day