Notices

Six Months & Under Club Part 4

Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks again for reading my message

Today i am thinking the more i know the more i dont know. People dang they scare the pony tails a!! out of me yay hehe
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Kevin, looking forward to you joining us in the 1 and under thread.

Keep up the good work friend!

At least you are in good company!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Swansong thanks for the encouragement oh yes i think Dee checks these posts fairly regular so i am glad of his support

I'm BEGINNING TO BE AT PEACE Who would have thunk it. I should say indoors. The great outdoors is a place im not YET at ease with but im getting there. I used to be a barkeep see so that doesn't help. Im on the way

Right now I cant believe how much money I used to waste on alcohol. I can BUY second hand [very good condition] music cd's for 2$ us to think how much money i have p||ed out over the years does give me shivers. I guess Dee you were suggesting i 'live in the solution'.

Im sat listening to a music cd right now, all legal no piracy and i like it! The best thing is this is from 2004 so this artist has another two records after this one i have not even heard. To think when i first sobered up

Have a bit of a medical issue that has flared up a bit but i have meds for it and its nothing life threatening or anything.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well today i have grown again :> Suppose thats reasons to be glad
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well im grateful swansong for reading my message. Good call. not sure if your reading this now but if you are good luck in your 7+ months of sobriety-yay

Today I am thinking about some of the things i used to do during the addicted times. Thinks i have done i wish i had not.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

live in the solution is not a term I'd normally use LOL but yeah Kev - that's exactly it .

The past is beyond our reach - it's today that matters.

Enjoy those CDs - have a good weekend

D
Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee Ive heard that quite a bit

Im not quite sure i get the whole live in the solution idea. Im not much of a leader really. I guess thats how you get. The smarter you get the less vain you are. I just read that book really you gave me D and react to it. Like now for example im not really in the solution. Mores the pity. Sorry

Sometimes i figure we have to drag out the past kick the bleep out of it and then move on. Right now im thinking to take out some memories of 'rebelling' against my father. I used to think some er unorthadox waves you know. Anyhow ...

Thanks for your comments. To someone like me they are most often than not useful helpful and encouraging hurrah
Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the only thing we can do with our past is learn from it, Kevin.

D
Old 06-11-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I agree

I feel pretty regular. Im not sleeping right. Im hooked on caffine, there is something about me that still likes to 'hang on' to atleast one drug even if it is something socially functional like caffeine. Last night i went to the store at 4am. The sun was coming up. It was a pleasant trip really. After all this time [well only 5.25 months really] of not doing things i used to enjoy i finally feel normal nice kind and regular.

Im still churning up the past though. Its needed i think and in any event im not looking for trouble as such is just my codie books are cutting through the bs to the nub of matters. You get some awful times in life dont you. Dang. I had some bad times around my dad once or twice when i came to him for support encouragement and i got sneered and jeered at. Just sharing that here helps so im glad.

I guess i have to understand as childlike as this may seem to you reading it that i am not my father and will never be. So like opinions he has 'put on me' are just that , stuff he has said. Him not me. His thoughts ideas however toxic or otherwise are or were or even if they were not meant. They are his not mine.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 1 in the SR house kevin is trying to let goo of some of what he thinks may be some narcissistic habits
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

You made two points there I really like Kevin, 'you get some awful times in life don't ya' - heck yes we do!

They are his (thoughts/actions) not mine' - exactly.

Life isn't all roses and flowers once we sober up, start working through whatever addictions we may have, but at least we are truly experiencing life. I'm sure at 5.5 months you can relate.

And yes, other people's thoughts and actions - no matter who they are - are not ours. We don't have to own them, we only have to own our own. Even then what I've learned in my recovery is I can discard the irrational, mean, counter productive thoughts until my silly noodle finally produces one worth latching on to!

Glad you're doing well keeping this thread alive almost by yourself, I'll try to pop in again soon but if I get busy I better see you in the 1 and under club in .5 months!!!

Ps. I used to wonder if Dee had an 'auto-thank function' too - you're not alone! But I have learned that he reads them all and responds to those that really need responding to (just check out the newcomers section sometime or anywhere else where people are contemplating a trip back out or how to make it back in - almost invariably he's one of the first 'responders' lol...) -thanks Dee!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

3 months is soon approaching with no beer, and considering it was 18 years without a missed day, I'm flying to the moon and back with how well its all going. Why oh why did I waste those years, I could have done so much more. I am relatively successful in my working life, and have a lovely family, and I know I have and had loads to give with my ideas, but jesus if I just didn't drink and was more focused god knows where I would be now.

I'm certianly not looking back, yes its happened, I can't change it, nor do I want to because having the bad things serves as a reminder to me and what I can now go on to achieve. I'm going back to the drawing board, starting a new approach, and learning a few skills along the way. I'm studying the COMPTIA A+ currently then will look at options.

I want to become the best I can be, and I want to look back in ten years time and say this is where it all began, right here, right now, and on a clear head. If in ten years I have doubled my salary I will have fulfilled my aim, but I will of course be looking to better that.

The future is bright, the future is Sober.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Im here
Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

well i want to post here so
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I want to post here so here goes.

Right now i feel really glad for the journey i am on. Im not there yet
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

As long as you're travelling in the right direction, K...

D
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Still working hard on recovery
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi. Its my second sober day so I guess that counts as <6 months right? Lols. anyway going to drop in daily. especially when I get the urge to drink. Id join AA but I have two small children and no one to watch them for me. I saw that there are supposedly meetings that have sitters, but I have yet to find one.

I'm going to go it alone. and with the help of SR. will probably try to follow the steps as well.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

lots of help here i think. welcome and good luck. ill personally be 5.75 months sober tomorrow and im still to discover exactly how to practice the steps but i have been doing them all in a jumbled up way for a long time after a fashion muhaha
Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bblackbirdflyy - have you tried calling the local Des Moines AA office for information yet? It's usually the best way to go, I'm told

Congratulations on your 5.75 months k.

D