Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 56

Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Suki, I cried when I saw that this afternoon, I really felt the loss.

I have watched those eagles every day since the eggs were laid. Watched them hatch and watched the little ones grow and just last week we all gathered at work to watch them band the babies.

I read tonight that dad had come back with a fish, so I hope he can take care of them.

But it's sad. I never got over Bambi's mother dying, and this is so much worse because they're real.

The mama eagle lost her first mate when he got hit by a plane, and now she died the same way, it's not fair.

Down with planes, I say! Birds were there first.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

it would be selfish to whine this evening.....so i will save it for tomorrow.

I see papa eagle is stepping up to take care of the babies...so hopefully this will continue until they reach maturity.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

d
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

fands, are you getting the adirondack chair at Pattee'o .com?

least, are you sure it's not the one day at a time bit?

it gets me too

people ask me what i did this morning,

and i have the Deer in the Headlight look at! gack!

Mrs C

just like a Whiner

you cant turn a pickle back into a cucumber

do i dare ask, queeny, do you sew?

RA, First Whines First

Hmmm, suki, the live stream was unavailable at this time, drat!

and they said man cant fly,

they cant, the machine does!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel so sh!tty about mama bird. I've been driving forty years and dead animals along the road still make me sad. I hope daddy bird takes care of his kids now.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

That's quite the karma logic TOI!

RA nice break down.

Suki how horrible! Thanks for bringing the news to the thread. Poor babies wif no mama. Yes, let's hope the daddy does step up to the plate.

No whines tonight, was just playing catch up.

Love out xoxoxo
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Just came from watching the Eagle Cam the chicks are all alone they are saying the dad is perched in another tree maybe mourning the loss of mama?

The good news is that there will be people to step in if and when it is needed but if papa already fed them once the chances are pretty good he will continue.

I have no whines after that I do however feel really bad for the crew of the airplane they must feel very icky even though its not there fault.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
part time member

So sad about the mamma eagle. I've been watching them since the start. The babies are getting so big. I read that they will be watching to see how the eaglets do
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Very sad whenever any amazing creatue dies.... sigh.

can't whine after that, my whinge about the new neighbour taking in my mail and going away meaning I cant set up internet at myn ew house seems so...... meaningless in comparison.

Ann.. I too would like to know where the perfect swimsuit comes from.

TOI...high five on the clothing karma..must be the kiwi hunour kicking in.

Hev..nevermind the cost to fly coast to coast..how about NZ to USA?? Money never seems to accumulate like it used to.

Love and Hugs to all the whiners
Old 04-27-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A Confession: I learnt about clothing karma the hard way. I have the perfect (wait for it and please bear in mind that I am a kiwi living in a provincial town) track pants. My track pants are amazing...I have buns of steel and legs like a gizelle when I wear them and everyone walking past whispers "skinny" or "cute" (Ok, so the comments could relate to my dogs, but whatever). But having the perfect trackpants means that when I go to the beach in my swimsuit, people ask when the baby is due and dresses are just not on the menu.

This wedding in 4 days...ummm...this isn't THE wedding is it? (Y'know, the one which has resulted in Glee being kicked off the TV in favour of Kate and Will)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post

do i dare ask, queeny, do you sew?
Queeny was tossed from Home Economics many decades ago. Teacher promised to pass me if I promised to only stir and not touch anything else...and promise to switch to music the next semester.

Sewing was much the same as my cooking.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

i kind'a thought so queeny

did you take Shop 101
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No, but I have my own toolbox and love to putter fixing things. See? Cooking and sewing aren't for everyone.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

another sunny morning with great temps...can spring finally be here? of course because i have to go to WORK today!!!!

Ann, you can check out what certain stores have online, before you go shopping, thus saving wear and tear on your body...the big stores have great websites here....print out the pics of what you like and ask the clerks to pull them for you.

my allergies are preventing me from breathly properly...resulting in craptastic sleep....

I whine, therefore i grat.....
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
is really trying!

TAKE OFF GLEE FOR THE ROYAL WEDDING??????????????????????

NOT on MY watch! Quick TOI, jump on supersonic jet or in handy kiwi-time-machine and you can watch it at my house.

Other whiny news? The farmers I've seen today are all complaining about the recent good weather. Apparently it is NOT a nice warm April, it is the pre-Apocalyptic drought ushering in the end of the universe (that or the price of milk & spuds is likely to rise...)
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Spring -like temps in Ohio... along with strong storms and wind... It will be warm out but rainy and blowy so must stay inside today to not drown.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
part time member

Daughter asked me a question regarding decorating and colors for the condo. Her father told her that she would be better to ask him about such things..mom isn't good at those things. How sad....but true.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
cmc

I found out (google) about the mama eagle yesterday just before they announced it on the eagle cam blog...and have been crying...

It's amazing how we can bond so easily over the web huh? (y i luv you whiners?)

They moved the chicks this morning to the Wildlife Center in Waynesboro VA. I watched the them being lowered from the nest one at a time. It's so sad....but if this was a typical situation the babies chances would have been slim.

Their older 'brother' Buddy also at the WC but unlike him, they will be released as soon as they are ready. I believe he was removed from the nest due to having Avian Pox and a growth on his beak.

(((mama eagle))) ((((babies)))) ((((papa eagle))) (((( the pilot ))))

to mama eagle
may you soar so high and free
from the 'bonds of earth'
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

TOI..trackpants are the staple of any GREAT wardbrobe and if one looks great in them anything ought to be possible. What I want to know is where does one get buns of steel and legs like a gizelle?

Ann.. I too was booted out of home economics after a shameful incident involving burning a pot while boiling water.

Whine... rain rain go away...thats it winter almost here already..its gonna be a long one.

Whine on
Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CMC, I cried yesterday and was really sad about the mama eagle dying, then composed myself for work today and then cried again when I checked in at noon and the nest was empty.

I know it's all for the good, moving the babies, but I sure will miss them. I'm just glad they will be cared for.

LTT, Fandy and I can come help you decorate once we get our bathrooms done. I'm still procrastinating, just been too busy to give it proper thought and do it.

I shall resume the dress hunt this Saturday so will hold my whines until then.