Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 56

Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

my bathroom project was supposed to begin in January...in my ongoing procrastinational way...I am dragging it out....the tile quest continues...did you know that the perfect glass tile i gravitated towards was $100.00 a sheet????? it is like a magnet....but we got the price waaaay down....and the total cost is not as dramatic as it sounds...because it is cut into thinner borders....I finally made a decision, ordered the whole shebang and gave the "tile designer" a deposit check....done, no changes, get the lead out.

I have to go back to the home improvement store as my car was not large enough to fit both garden stuff, a new adirondack chair and the new medicine cabinet I have to pick up....
but it is a beautiful sunny whiner day!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Told the shrink yesterday of my fear of getting dementia. He recommended exercise - lots of it. So before the strong storms and wind happen here I'm taking Jack for a long walk to get a few things downtown.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
cmc

G'mornin' to all the whiners.

Rusty Z you crack me up!! A lady jumping out of a whale!!!

but the only kind of ladies on that charter were fully dressed and
tossing their cookies overboard...just like me.

The next time I'm going to try my FIL's advice and bring a dill pickle along to nibble on. He's the original Man of the Sea (a landliner!) who fished for a living many moons ago 'n he says it works like a charm.

I like pickles and would eat a dozen of them if it could stop that nauseous, queasy, 'I want to die. get me off this boat NOW' feeling.

Okie dokie, whiners- I have to log off and tend to some other stuff.

have a whiny day.

The wedding is in 4 days!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

my father used to swear by pickled peppers and tomatoes for a sour stomach too. I thought it was an old wives tale? but my contractor also told me that he swears pickle juice is an instant cure for GERD??? (granted both my contractor is and my father was very Hungarian...in the immigrant style)..but it kind of makes sense to me because I think vinigar is alkaline???? hmmmm.

keep a jar of pickles on the boat!....and some extra bags, box of kleenex, mouthwash....
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
The wedding is in 4 days!
Whoooaaaa Nellie!!! What do you mean the wedding is in 4 days? It's that close and you haven't whined at all about it?

You must be seasicker than you look, CMC. Weddings are the greatest whine-makers ever!!!

Just sayin
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - I agree. Weddings are for whiners. My niece gets married on the beach in San Diego in August. I'd love to look forward to it, but adding up the airfare (from BWI probably), hotel, DOG boarding - plus other stuff like new clothes - don't see how I can do it. We're talking thousands. Waaaaa.

gymi11 - Don't know why relationships have to be so complicated - sorry for what you're going through.

Professor - Most excellent whine/whinge poetry.

Least - Exercise, hmmmm - it sure is worth a try. Don't understand exactly what Alzheimers is - some say it's a sort of plaque that forms? Hope you are feeling perkier today.

Love to all.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I went to 5 stores today in search of "the perfect dress". I found it too, exactly what I was looking for, actually I found two perfect dresses....and neither one of them fit me.

It's not just that I need to lose weight, I don't mind being a size or so bigger than I was because I am still not "that" big...but I think I need to lose 20 or 30 years!!! The fashions today would look great on some under 30 tall and skinny fashionista with perfect skin and a body that had not yet gone south.

Never fear, Queeny is bruised but not beaten and will charge forward on her quest for "the perfect dress".
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

that's why I like to shop for tile and bathroom fixtures....they always fit.

Ann, a body "skimming" a-line knit that falls away from the south area is always flattering.

I think the planets are out of alignment too.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
is really trying!

OH WHAT THE HECK???????????

I take ONE measly day off whining & what happens?? Another thread starts and I have to go backwards & forwards opening & closing tabs all over the place to catch up.

Other than that have pretty good day, so will get off here & leave space for more legitimate whingers.

Just this thought -
Whenever
horrible,
irritating,
nauseating
events
recur,
sign on here...

Last edited by RebelAngel; 04-26-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: stupid tabs won't line up...
Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Never fear, Queeny is bruised but not beaten and will charge forward on her quest for "the perfect dress".
It could be worse, imagine if you needed the perfect swimsuit.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am too flipping tired to go outside and enjoy my new patio furniture....and tomorrow i must go back to work!

How much IS airfare these days coast to coast Hevyn???? do you have to take out a loan??? you could just send them your picture and a tasteful giftcard instead.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by TotallyOverIt View Post
It could be worse, imagine if you needed the perfect swimsuit.
Now see, this is where it's confusing. I HAVE the perfect swim suit, a couple of them. They are designed to make me look good. They tuck where I need tucking and lift where I need lifting and re-shape where I need re-shaping. Like a good undergarment but prettier.

But they just don't make pretty dresses like they used to.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Now see, this is where it's confusing. I HAVE the perfect swim suit, a couple of them. They are designed to make me look good. They tuck where I need tucking and lift where I need lifting and re-shape where I need re-shaping. Like a good undergarment but prettier.
I think maybe you used up your allocation of perfect clothing. The lack of perfect dresses is karma for owning a perfect swimsuit.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
is really trying!

:rotfxkoAh, how can the whiners be so funny.
Clothing Karma, I love it, but Oh Boy did I do some BAAAAD sh*" in a former life by the look of my wardrobe (er, for wardrobe read 'piles of unironed stuff, the bottom layer of which has a.been chewed by mice & b.started to undergo spontaneous transformation into items I'd swear I never bought - hmm, clothing karma for next life now looks bad too)

Also, WHERE can one purchase this miraculous item of swimwear? I hesitate to believe such a garment exists (unless Ann you actually look like Elle MacPherson in which case miraculous clothing irrelevant??)
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Don't know if you've heard, but the mama bald eagle at the Norfolk nest was killed this morning. This is much more than a whine. I'm just so very sad. Everyone who blogs there is just beside themselves with grief.

Eagle Cam 2011 | HAMPTON ROADS NEWS | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia | Microsite Content
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well, that's horrible. I didn't know, Suki. Unbelievably sad.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

i was afraid of hearing this.....IDK what to say.....are the wildlife people stepping in to nurture?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Not at this point, Fandy. They were waiting to see what Dad would do. He just returned to the nest for the first time since the accident. He brought a fish and is feeding the eaglets.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

WHAT

What happen to her? Very sad.....urgh!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Here's a video of the newscast out of Norfolk, VA.

Experts confirm female eagle from Norfolk Botanical Garden hit by jet | 13NEWS / WVEC.com | My City - Norfolk