Notices

Class Of March 2011 Part 3

Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Yes, Nancy, I talked to him tonight, and although he's really depressed he's still alive and tomorrow is a new day. I will tell him that there are a lot of people hoping he gets better. Let's pray for him.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Bella,

Once you are well into recovery, it won't be too late to jump back in where you left off.

Hope you're feeling better day by day.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bella89 View Post
the longer I go without drinking, the more normal sobriety feels.
dig that
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
Yes, Nancy, I talked to him tonight, and although he's really depressed he's still alive and tomorrow is a new day. I will tell him that there are a lot of people hoping he gets better. Let's pray for him.
Good idea.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I just did a search on VodkaLover. Wow, that was pretty intense. At least he got on SR today. The support was very good, but I hope he does call 911. I hate alcohol. I will be praying for him too.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys I appreciate you being concerned... but we discourage threads talking about people on other threads. To me, it's the net equivalent of talking about someone in the room, or behind their back.

Send VL a PM or a cheerio on his profile page.

D
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Lofty, Rachel and anyone who is lurking after having a drink or whatever your poison is...I am happy to give up my (self-proclaimed) title of Baby March. I was the last sober one to hop on the bus (31 March sobriety) and since I taught GenJen to use all her fingers, I have the least days. Free to a Good Home.

Laura :ghug3...will PM later in case you can't sleep.

GenJen, remember to use your toes tomorrow

Can we please ban the F-Word...the one which ends in "ail".

Did I read that someone needed more energy? :uzi2:
Sending it your way as my energy levels are scaring me a bit.

I have been skim-reading at work and (as always!) have loads to say but the sun sets in just over an hour so I am heading out with dogs so you can read it when you wake up on your Friday.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So - my brain is literally a pile of mush today. Moving is oh so stressful and expensive. I did manage to book a mover (sans tranquilizers thank you very much), and I got in a therapy session today. She's my drug and alcohol therapist - I've only seen her a couple times but she's really cool. Thankfully, I'll be able to continue having some sessions over the phone after the move - as a transitional sort of thing. Told her about SR too - she has a lot of clients that can't handle groups because of anxiety/illness or whatever.

So ... LauraS and Lofty. Sounds like you guys are going through a lot of $%^#$%$. That really sucks - keep well...you're in my thoughts. And Lofty, it doesn't matter that you slipped. If you really want to quit you can just try again. I ain't gonna kick you off the bus.

Same goes for you Rachel - and thank you for posting something. I was worried about you. Your goodbye sounded rather final, but if you want to give it another try you can always come back.

Dee - Amazing...4 years. An honorary spin of the disco ball to you.

Genjen - I think I probably know every Monty Python song by heart. I Like Traffic Lights is one of my personal faves.

stacylove - I too love Janice, but my heart belongs to Animal.

All right, my brain doesn't want to form any more sentences so I'm gonna pack it in. See you in the morrow, folks.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Good morning all. Rather a mixed bag of posts over the last 24hrs. Heartfelt love & prayers to all who are struggling, esp Lofty, Laura (well done, i think you are very brave), Bella & Rachel. Agree, once a Marcher, always a Marcher!

Well, I've got my 30 days & Foo Fighters was (were?) INCREDIBLE!!!!! Sadly my eldest threw such a tremendous strop in the car on the way home, F'ing at me & his brother & defiantly refusing to admit he was in the slightest bit wrong. I cried most of the night & still on a mad crying jag this morning. Stopped on the way in from a home visit to watch a lamb being born in the field & cried about that, all the songs on the radio make me cry.

AAAGGHHH - I really thought I would be on top of the world today - I don't think I've been sober for 30 consecutive days since I was about 17.

Dee, am I OK?? I thought my mood had evened out but feel so sad & wretched today. Happy thoughts please. More Monty Python perhaps??

Loving, peaceful, sober day to all x
Old 04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RebelAngel View Post
Happy thoughts please. More Monty Python perhaps??
YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't tell you if you're ok RA - see your Dr if you're worried - but I *can* tell you I had a tremendous rollercoaster ride of emotions on and off for my first 90 days or so.

I drank for years so I figured it might take a few months for my mind and body to heal themselves

Sure enough, after 90 days or so, I remember I evened out to a 'normal level'.

It may be shorter for you tho RA - everyone's different
D
Old 04-08-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Laura, I hope you and your hubby are able to talk things out today. I prayed for you last night.

Rachel, come back! You can do this, and you KNOW it's worth it! There's much love in this room for you.

Willow, where are you? You are missed, too. I hope all is well!

Bella, one of my favorite quotes is by Oliver Wendel Holmes: "It doesn't matter as much where you begin, as it does which direction you're going." (that's from memory so forgive me if it's not exactly right) You can't change yesterday, but you can certainly affect tomorrow.

Bevin, nice work! So when is the official move?

Rebel, I think it's cool that you cried when the lamb was born, and at songs, and at heartache. The last thing this world needs is more hard-hearted people. Stay tender.

Dee, thanks for hanging out with us newbies and sharing your wisdom and experience. You are SO appreciated!

Well, we get on the road in a couple hours to head back home. I woke up to a lot of fog here ... can't even see the ocean and it's right off my balcony. So, it's time. I'll read today, but won't post as I'm SOOOO slow typing on my phone. I made it through the whole vacation without drinking, and without going crazy about it. I'm proud of myself! There were many times the thought tried to inhabit my mind, but I pushed it out and moved on. The thing I posted a couple days ago about what's fair and what's not really helps me .... this is just my lot in life and I can either get whiny about it or deal. I choose to deal.

Hugs to you all!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Editor

lookin forward to another fun, busy, sober weekend. I hope that all of you enjoy the same. Yoli....Dang it gets hot on this bus when it is not moving. My window is down but it is not helping. Maybe a fruit juice and soda will cool me off.
As Mr. Roarke use to say,"Smiles everyone, Smiles".
Day by Day
Dave
Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, everyone! I made it through the night, decided not to go to work today and got some much needed sleep. Got back home about 20 minutes ago and feel very good about not allowing myself to get drawn into drama that would have given me an excuse to drink last night.

My husband has admitted that he's acting out in frustration because he's incapacitated right now, and we need to talk about that and about how it impacts my own recovery, and vice versa. I know it's not a one way street here and I want to make sure he is also feeling supported through his own difficulties, but we're not going to make it if we keep sniping at each other. He needs to know that I'm not his mother and that I do expect a little bit of appreciation for stepping up to the plate while he's unable to function at capacity.

So, we'll have that talk this evening and I'm just happy to have made it through without resorting to drink. Tonight will surely be another test, but I feel proud enough about making it through last night that I think I will be okay. Bottom line is that all these things are important to me. We've had a good marriage so far, this is a bump in the road and we need to fix it before it gets out of hand. But I also need to watch out for myself in my sobriety.

Last edited by LauraS; 04-08-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: lousy proofreader.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers!

We will be staying in Hawaii for a period of time. There's lots to do and see.

Today we will be taking a trip to Molokini Island on beautiful Maui!!! Once there, snorkeling and scuba equipment will be handed out to each of you and also an underwater camera with plastic sheet information on the various types of fish you will see. We have fish food on board to (feed the fish). A traditional Hawaiian band will be playing and can take requests including Santana!

Our guest chef of the day is Wolfgang Puck who is world renowned for delicious food. Of Course, you can request your favorite dish!

There is an amazing assortment of fish species in all colors of the rainbow. Many are curious and will swim right up to you for the fish food. High probability of seeing whales, sea turtles, dolphins and the occ white tipped reef shark (not known to be dangerous).

The temperature will be in the mid 80s with a refreshing trade wind, so you will feel "just right".

Tonight we will enjoy a huge bonfire bbq on the beach with karaoke.

Mahalo!!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Laura,

I'm glad to hear you and your husband are working it out. Recovery is a lot of work and somewhat stressful. I think that stress affects us and those around us.

Well, got to get ready for work.... Have a great day everyone! TGIF!!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Hello all!

Day 17 and doing good...a little more energetic so apparently the virtual energy TOI sent worked

Shout outs to all and especially Laura...way to handle a potentially scary situation last night that might have resulted in drinking. The hubby and have been together a long time and one thing I learned is that when we are both, for whatever reason, grumpy or testy with one another, it's time for one of us to get the hell outta Dodge. Even if it's just out shopping or for a long drive for a couple of hours. 99% of the time that works Unfortunately, it took me about ten years to figure it out and some of the ugliest things we said to each other (not counting my drunken tirades of recent years), was when I was insisting we "talk it out"

Yoli, LOVE the narrated bus tour.
Though, I do have a scary real-life Molokini story...in 2007 we snorkeled there and hubby who is not a very strong swimmer almost drowned, poor guy.

March on Marchers
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi, I want to officially join the March Bus! - i'm approaching day 11... my second weekend.... I'm going out for dinner later, so am trying to bolster my courage to say "NO THANKS! i'd like some juice please!"
Old 04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome to our bus, NewLife! Glad you are here!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Hi, Newlife! And welcome!