Notices

Class Of March 2011 Part 3

Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Geez I have to stay away from the news and also some political/govt things that get me heated up....I don't like to stick my head in the sand but I also don't want to get so carried away I feel ilke drinking either....anyone feel that way?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks! So glad I found SR - it's really helping me to cope with the COMPLETE ROLLERCOASTER of emotions - glad to hear that it subsides a bit. At the moment I still feel pretty skinless, but I suppose if you haven't actually been completely sober consecutively for more than a day for MANY years it's bound to feel a bit different.... ! Do any of you remember the John Irving quote "keep passing the open windows" in The World according to Garp? I'm just going to keep passing the open bottle!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome newlife!! Glad you're here and hope you enjoy your dinner!

Yoli..I swear, your bus destination descriptions are so good, I actually relax a little when reading them. Love it!! Of course it makes me want to really go to Hawaii, but never mind.

Gen..politics doesn't really do that to me, tho I watch it a lot. I can let most of it roll off my back. Of course, I'm pretty moderate, so I always tend to see both sides and not get too bent out of shape at one side or the other. But yeah..if it gets to ya..you best turn it off!

Laura...glad it sounds like things are looking up with your guy!

Mida..glad you're feelin better..way to go on 17 days!

Dave..have a great weekend. "Da bus! Da buuuus!"

PBC..have a safe trip home..glad you enjoyed your vacation..great job!!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good Morning Marchers! Just starting Day 10 here. Until yesterday, 8 days was my most sober time in six years. I am focussing on not getting into regrets over time wasted.

(((Newlife))) Welcome!

A Couple of Quotes:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Marianne Williamson

Keep it up! Don’t let anything annoy you into a drink!!
A friend of TOI

Last edited by TotallyOverIt; 04-08-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Tags visible so quote looked silly!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
orangutan

Day 26

Sorry to see some have not made it and welcome to newlife.

Had my blood work done on Thursday but won't get results till next Thursday.Had my eyes checked and need new glasses pick them up Thusday also but my headaches have gone now so I don't think they were related to eyes but withdrawal instead. Still struggling with mood swings huge highs and huge lows , I wish this would level out some I am finding this the hardest thing to deal with . Cravings are not bad they seem to kick in when I get angry about something I just want to get sh*tfaced but it passes and I am glad later that I don't cave in, I am always glad the next morning.
Keep strong everyone and have a good day.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Happy Sober Friday = ) Welcome newlife, its great to have you with us!!

Someone asked about Willow and I think she jumped on the April bus, I told her to come back and that she is welcome any time.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
It is getting quieter in here by the day, that makes me sad :'(
Don’t be sad. Some of that quietness is because people are getting on with their sober lives instead of white-knuckling it in front of the computer.
Originally Posted by bella89 View Post
I guess so. I'm not obsessing about drinking as much. That being said, I've been feeling pretty unhappy with myself and my life. I could have achieved so much more. All my friends are graduating college in a few weeks and their lives are falling nicely into place. Meanwhile I'm here at home, basically being a failure.
Bella, I looked at your profile and as I thought, you are only 21. Don't be so hard on yourself. Regrets add nothing! Most people who do amazing things with their life have not started when they are 21. If you live a long and healthy life, you are only a quarter of the way through it at the moment.

Originally Posted by Mida View Post
Day 17 and doing good...a little more energetic so apparently the virtual energy TOI sent worked
Glad to assist. There is a lot more there! For most of the last ten years I have been doing competitive sport and drinking alcoholically. I stopped serious training six months ago as I want to use the time for my creative stuff (and was sick of spending hours training to be average…I am not a natural athlete ). Now, without the alcohol, I am bouncing off the walls! I power-walk about two hours a days but that barely makes a dent in my energy. I am now working on using energy productively instead of using it as an offset to alcohol.
Originally Posted by Genjen View Post
Geez I have to stay away from the news and also some political/govt things that get me heated up....I don't like to stick my head in the sand but I also don't want to get so carried away I feel ilke drinking either....anyone feel that way?
Genjen, I suggest you move to New Zealand. Our politics are so wishy-washy you won’t get upset! One political party is a mm to the left of centre and the other is a mm to the right of centre! (Hope that translates into “American”)

Now off to see if there are any veges left under the weeds in my garden.
Have a great day, whatever day it is for you
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Welcome newlife.. this is a killer thread, glad you're here
Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
is really trying!

FAIL - I made my 30 days & you know what? No-one cares & life really, really hurts & I am too pathetic, thin-skinned & weak to cope. I'm out.

30 days. Its good, but not great, just like me. I CAN'T DO THIS.

I love & appreciate you all & basically feel too low & cr*p to be here just now. Its 1am - in the last 18+ hours I have been beleagured from all sides (work, belligerent teens, sick husband, needful younger children, worries about my Mum's health, even trouble about my horse's livery). It just all built up into crescendo of ' I'M A F*%"NG TOTAL LOSS WHY AM I EVEN ALIVE?????' . There's been drink in the house all along, but I wanted to be sober more than the drink, so was OK. Tonight just crave Oblivion. AND WTF?? IT DOESN'T WORK!!

My 30 days dies in bottom of whole bottle red wine which was a.VILE b. Didn't work, cos surprisingly (?) the s*%t is still there and AM NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY RELIEVED & c. & d. (add to Z as nec)

I am 'sleeping' on floor of sitting room as husband sick & house otherwise full of friends of kids. Equally torn between 'why is everyone more important than me?' and ' you are rubbish, you always will be rubbish, so sleep on the floor, its all you deserve '

Hope you can forgive me quicker than I forgive myself.

So very, very sad

PLEASE stay strong all my Marching friends, I would rather be anywhere sober than where I am right now - not drunk, but should be, disappointed & depressed as Hell. Hey, at least I told you, no-one else need know but me & God. Hope this means something.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me recovery is all about change RA...and for me it took more than 30 days to make those changes....I'd leant on drink to be a lot of things for me...I wasn't strong, I wasn't resourceful, I wasn't brave at the end of my drinking career...but I rediscovered those things in me.

They took time to reemerge tho...I needed to nurture them, love them, 'water' them and step back and give them time to grow again....

I hope you'll start again tomorrow and do the same

D
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Rebel
:ghug3

You are being SO hard on yourself. What would you post if someone else posted that? I bet it would be something nice and you would mean it.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
orangutan

************{REBEL}}}}}}}
I am so sorry this has happened . I am where you are feeling wise, I am in exactly that place now I can't say I am enjoying being sober at all I am hanging on by a thread. I do hope you decide to give it another go though 30 days is brilliant . Take care of yourself we all care what happens to you.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Aussie and anyone else who needs it,
I have gone to my craft room and plaited some very strong thread for you to hang on by. Please use it.
:ghug3

Last edited by TotallyOverIt; 04-08-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: I seem to be dyslexic today
Old 04-08-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Don't deserve you, but very, very grateful to all.

Remember, alcohol actually DOESN'T HELP. I would be happily in my sleeping bag if i had continued to resist having that first sip (GULP - Be honest here...). All life & its associated s*"t goes on regardless. You can ALL be better than me!!!!!

Is stumble, not fall. G'nite xx
Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

see you tomorrow RA

D
Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

(((Rebel)))...I wish I had some magic thing to say to make you feel better. I hope you come back tomorrow..you're important to us! :ghug3
Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

early sobriety is a sunnuvabitch.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

No worries Rebel Angel! It happens to the best of us! We love ya and need you on the bus = ) Please don't be so hard yourself my friend.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I finally found this thread!

Welcome to the bus New Life!! Although I don't post much here I do read a lot and have come to realise how supportive and wonderful the people here are. I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

Rebel...so sorry you are going through a tough time Stay strong and keep on believing you can and will beat this disease!

Day 19 for me. On Monday it will be 3 weeks! Longest I have ever been sober! I'm feeling pretty good, The cravings are still there to an extent but nothing I can't handle or deal with. I've been hitting the gym almost every day which is helping immensly. I'm feeling already much fitter and my mood is a lot happier.

My goal for this weekend is the clean up my apartment. I must do it, I WILL do it! lol

Stay happy and safe everyone
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Keep your chin up Rebel...