Notices

Class Of March 2011 Part 3

Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Day All. I must say that I am rather down after reading Loftys post. I will pray for you. I hope that everyone is holding strong. RebelAngel...It looks like you are going to have a blast. You deserve it. Until later everyone enjoy the ride.
Day by Day
Dave
oh yea. Dee- I think Ernie is the best. He was one of my heros as a child. Man the 70's were fun.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Hello all!

Day 16 and a little tired but doing well otherwise. I need to ramp up my physical activity because I think that's contributing to my sluggishness.

Dave, I too am a bit down from Lofty's post last night...Lofty, wishing you make it through this very trying time and sending prayers your way...

Rebel, love the Foo Fighters and was lucky enough to see them in concert. Hope you enjoy yourself and teens are so funny that way

Have a great day everyone and March on Marchers
Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Beginning of day 9 here...boy I slept like a log last night. I might have a sponsor now too =)

Anyone like Monty Python?
Tim: There he is!
King Arthur: Where?
Tim: There!
King Arthur: What? Behind the rabbit?
Tim: It *is* the rabbit!
King Arthur: You silly sod!
Tim: What?
King Arthur: You got us all worked up!
Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Sir Robin: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
Tim: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Sir Galahad: Get stuffed!
Tim: He'll do you up a treat, mate.
Sir Galahad: Oh, yeah?
Sir Robin: You manky Scots git!
Tim: I'm warning you!
Sir Robin: What's he do? Nibble your bum?
Tim: He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!
King Arthur: Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
Sir Bors: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

((Lofty))..take care of yourself..and yes, come back. There will ALWAYS be a seat for you on the bus.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Genjen View Post
Beginning of day 9 here...boy I slept like a log last night. I might have a sponsor now too =)

Anyone like Monty Python?
I have been feeling like Mr Creosote for three years now with just one more wafer/wine!
Warning: Do not watch while eating or if you get grossed out easily!
YouTube - Mr Creosote (Monty Python)
Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TotallyOverIt View Post
I have been feeling like Mr Creosote for three years now with just one more wafer/wine!
Warning: Do not watch while eating or if you get grossed out easily!
YouTube - Mr Creosote (Monty Python)
lol I'll have to watch that at home, we don't have sound here....thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 9 Ramble
Over the last three years I have tried/considered pretty much everything and while it has taken me a while to get there, I think I am way further along than when I just went "That's it! I'm quitting".

I am not an AA-er but one thing I heard a lot, which makes sense, is that you "have to work the programme". If I interpret "programme" as looking at and improving my drinking AND my life, that is my solution. Stopping on its own may help my physical and mental health but it only puts me in a holding pattern.

I feel like a spoilt brat sometimes. I had good childhood with loving parents. I did not lose anyone until I was in my 30s and that was my 81 yo father dying three years after a stroke. I am very close to my mother and sister. I have had only small times of unemployment. So I just could not get WHY I was so self-destructive. Actually I have only just started seeing it as self-destructive. I used to describe wine as my pause button. But eventyually I realised it was not putting life on hold, it was sending it backwards.

End of ramble as I got to get to work

March on Marchers
Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My sober sistah just informed me with her amazing accounting skills that I have 10 days of sobriety...not nine...what would I do without you crazy ex-drunks anyway!!!! Love ya all!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Lol..Monty Python cracks me up! Thanks for that, Gen!

TOI..I don't have to watch it, I remember it well! haha! Gross!

Laura..great job not having that drink with the hubby and congrats on what must be 14 days now! Hope your moods level off soon. I've been having some of that too, but at this point it might just be life. Oh well..such as it is.

Lol NVgal..that bacon vid WAS disturbing!!

Germanos..glad to hear you're doing well and breakin records!

Bella..you're doing great! Do you feel like it's getting a bit easier than the early days?

PF..thanks for that awesome encouragement and congrats on your 18 days!

Rebel..way to go, girl! How was the Foo Fighters doc? Did you wear a bib for the drool?

Mida..glad to hear from you on day 16. Wahoo!!!

Dave..glad you checked in and hoping you're having a good day. We'll all keep Lofty in our prayers.

Hope everyone else is doing great. Did Yoli get lost with the new thread? We need our bus driver!! Love to you all...
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yay, two weeks! i feel much better this evening than I have in a while. This is the first night that I can remember since I quit that I have not come home and gone instantly into "grump 'cause I feel like I'm missing the most important thing in my life" mode. I'm sure it won't last, but right now I'll take any little sliver of sunshine I can get.

Dave, I hope you will come back and stick with us.

Everyone, I am wishing everyone an easy day and easy night. Let's stay on this bus no matter where it takes us!

Smiley time!

<--- yeah, I am proud tonight!
<--- but I wouldn't be anywhere without YOU GUYS!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hug Lofty, I hope things are going better for you. It's ok if you need to take a break from SR, it is very addicting.

That's awesome that you met Norman Vincent Peale, what was he like? Was he super positive? I want you to stay positive, no matter what, you can do it!

Stacy
Old 04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hiya Marchers,

It is getting quieter in here by the day, that makes me sad :'(

LauraS- Good for you, resisting the temptation. I don't think it was very nice of your husband to order wine on day 13 of your recovery, but hey, alcohol is everywhere. I hear you about cranky, I want to shove my foot up so many ppl's *%^*es it's unbelievable.

RebelAngel- Drooling all over Dave Grohl is ok in my books. You are just showing your appreciation of his talent and beauty.

Mida and the fellow snoozing tired folk- We are all zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lately, time for a lemonade party!

Genjen- Thank you for all the time and effort, it takes a lot of work to put those vids up, and they are soooooo funny, love it. Maybe you can teach a class to the rest of us on how to post videos.

TOI- Don't worry, you don't need reasons or things in the past to happen to make you drink. I don't blame the things that happened in my past on my drug addiction problem. I had already moved on from my early trauma in life and in my case, I'm just an addict, maybe it is the same for you.

Dee- You went from that dude on the Muppets (what is his name by the way?) to Ernie? Che horror! Although I love Ernie and his counterpart Bert, the band from the Muppets is way more hip. I love Janice

Rachel- Rachel Rachel where art thou Rachel?

If someone relapses, can they stay on the bus and post on here? Rachel, please no matter what, at least tell us how you are doing? I think it is ok to post on here even if something happened in your recovery.... HUGS

Love you all,

Stacy
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hmm... Well, things can change in a heartbeat. I got into another tiff with my husband and am now sitting here on the bed at the local Motel 6, having decided that tonight wasn't the night I was going to allow him to get under my skin. I feel bad because he's dependent on me right now, but that's also part of why we are fighting-- he criticizes me for not doing all his chores the way he would do them, while I'm trying to keep up with his stuff and my own stuff, too.

Normally I drive him to work, since he broke his foot he is not supposed to drive. But he can have a day off tomorrow, I guess.

Of course, the first thing that pops into my head here is, "no one will know if I drink." But there are no bars or lounges around here, thank goodness, and I am not going to let this situation get in the way of my sobriety. That's kind of why I walked away in the first place-- I don't need to get angry with him tonight.

So, I guess I'm a mess. But I'm a sober mess.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for your troubles Laura.
Know there'll be people here to hang with tho

D
Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Hello all...evenings at our house are pretty much for family so I don't often post at this time but I just wanted to jump in a bit...

Laura, so glad you thought to log on to SR right now that you are going through this situation. Stay strong and were here for ya (((hugs)))
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks! I just went out to the drug store to get some toothpaste. Could have stopped by the grocery store and picked up a bottle of wine or vodka, but I didn't.

My husband called, I let it go to voicemail. He's lonely, he did all the stuff he was criticizing me for not doing right, etc., etc. I should call him back but I'm still not sure how I feel about what just happened. I feel like he's not being very kind to me and that's not helpful. We usually get along fine. I don't get it.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Laura...your relationship seems to be a little like mine...somewhat volatile. Good for you to get away, and log on here. Don't drink. I did, and am regretting it. Sleep well and deep. You deserve it.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm no relationship expert but a little time to yourself is a reasonable thing to ask for Laura. I'm not up on the whole backstory but it sounds to me like a healthy thing to do in these circumstances.

Glad you're staying sober too

D
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
On my way....

Hey guys, I tried to post last night, but somewhere between my typing and hitting post our internet went out so the post was lost and the internet never did come back up before I went to bed. I've been around and I'm sorry for the lack of response on my part, I'm disappointed to report that I've failed my recovery. I didn't want to disappear in the way I have in the last few days, so I'm here to say good-bye and wish everyone luck. Thank you for all the concern and I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner. Again, I wish everyone luck and strength and will miss you all!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Laura, I am the critic your husband is. Thank you for letting me see your side of it.