Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I can't believe I ignored the warning and read Bam's poop post.
That's funny...I put in that warning with you in mind.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hope everything is okay, (((newby))). Whine all you need to.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Ice Cream alert:

Hevyn: grocery products are much cheaper at the wally-mart by my house....i bought the pint size Ben and jerry for $2.99 or $3.24...the price changes periodically..I watch it as the ice cream display is in the front of the store (on the way to the soup and cat food)....the canned soups are also over $1.50 cheaper than the other grocery store.

however my WHINE is that there is no fresh meats in this store, just a huge array of regular veggies and frozen...so i still have to do another store for other items.

the mini portions of ice cream single serve are about $1.00 at the regular grocery....good for portion control which is my area of big problems in m ENTIRE LIFE....Fandy could not control portions of booze either, that's how i wound up HERE!!!

why is it that we never WANT to consume "endless vegetables"?

this AM i will have an egg sandwich on "Eng-muf" with a slice of fat-free cheese and a slice of ham.....soup for lunch...and whatever chocolates i steal from my co-workers.

i think Cherry Garcia is superior to Chunkey monkey except for the walnuts.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:27 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

sending you good wishes Newby

D
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
why is it that we never WANT to consume "endless vegetables"?

Veggies aren't addicting.

If I could successfully imagine them drenched in fat and sugar, I'd be eating plain veggies all the time.

Why am I so 'hungry' this morning? I made it 24 hours OS free, but I still ate a lot. WTF, body? I'm not starving you...why are you revolting (ha ha!). It’s not just in my head, my stomach tightens up when it wants something. This happens often. And I'm not thirsty.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - Going to Walmart over the weekend - will check their ice cream prices. Hard to cut it out all together, so must learn to moderate. Hmmm-that sounds familiar.

Newby - So sorry you're having to go through this. Next. Thurs. makes it a long wait.

Least - Seems like you didn't get any rest last night.

No whines yet - but I feel some brewing.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tired, yes, but not whiny.... yet. Neighbor is paying me today so I'll be able to get cat food and gasoline... in that order. I'm sure I'll be tired and cranky later on but won't be able to nap due to babysitting... so maybe just go to bed early tonight... tho that often backfires on me and I wake up too early... can't win for losing...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I walked into a giant flood today at work....try climbing 12 flights of stairs before work....
Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
That's funny...I put in that warning with you in mind.
I always touch "wet paint". Can't resist a warning.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Ice Cream alert:

the mini portions of ice cream single serve are about $1.00 at the regular grocery....good for portion control which is my area of big problems in m ENTIRE LIFE....Fandy could not control portions of booze either, that's how i wound up HERE!!!
This really spoke to me!!! Wow. Often any ice cream I bring into the house gets consumed the same day. Buy one pint, consume one pint. Buy two....(you get the picture).

Last night I went and stocked up on ice cream. It was similar to buying booze. First I told myself I was going to buy it, but save it for later. Then I sort of "decided" to eat it all. The same way I used to drink it all, if you get the picture.

I've been doing this type of thing since I was a kid---it certainly preceeded the drinking. I'm wondering if this is an idicator of poor impulse control across the board? Scary.

The good news is that when I lapse on good eating, it isn't impossible to get back on track. But I wish I were one of those people who could stop when I'd had enough.

Whine
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I must be improving....I only ate about 1/8 of the pint of chunky monkey.

if only I could do it with 1/8 of a bottle of wine????? NOT.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

I must be improving....I only ate about 1/8 of the pint of chunky monkey.

if only I could do it with 1/8 of a bottle of wine????? NOT.
Wow----I can't imagine being able to eat 1/8th of a pint of ice cream. I may, on one very restrained day, have eaten 1/4, but that would have taken superhuman effort!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good afternoon, Whiners!!!!!

Don't have much to whine about this afternoon as I just got back from a "Farewell Ceremony" for an extended family member who is being deployed!

Newby, I'm hoping and praying the biopsy turns out clear! That particular 'issue' runs in the female side of my family......

Coffee and a little groundwater flow modeling........peace out!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hey Bam, since you like "poop stories" so much:

Oh yeah, WARNING! WARNING! GROSS STORY AHEAD!!!

I used to work at Walmart and one day I was having trouble going, they were coming out like perfectly round marbles or deer pellets. Anyways, I was in the rest room at Walmart, thought I was done, pulled up my pants, flushed, washed hands, started walking back to my department when I suddenly felt something cold travel from my undies, and start bouncing down my leg. I stopped , grabbed my pant leg and gave it a little shake. Out rolled a little brown ball onto the floor right there in the aisle! People were headed my way, so in a panic, I kicked it and it rolled under a men's clothing rack! After they passed , I searched around the area but could not find it... I was so mortified! I went back to the bathroom to be sure there were no other escapees and needless to say, I didn't go near men's apparel for the rest of the day.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One of the best diet tips I ever read was "Never eat out of a bag." I could add "Never eat out of a carton".

The bag one helped me because I now either take my portion and put it in a bowl and try to stick with that...or even better, I buy lots of my treats in 100 cal. bags and allow myself two a day...any time or even together if I want...but only two.

I buy 100 cal. popcorn, cheesy things, oatmeal and raisin cookies (actually these are 60 cals each made by Weight Watchers and very good).

I have tried every diet going, low fat, low carb, low calories...and now I am just trying to eat healthy balanced meals, allow myself the two treats and try to stay under 1200 calories most days. And I walk about a half hour once or twice a day.

It's not huge but it works for me and since I got serious about my failed diet and replanned...I have lost 2 pound this month and hope to total 3 by month end. No big deal either, but maybe in 2 more months I can lose a total of 10 pounds...that's what I want. I may then aim for another 5, which would get rid of the entire 15 pounds I wanted to lose before I came on vacation. Better late than never, yes?

Oh, and I quit smoking the last week of November. I wasn't a big smoker, maybe 5 or 6 cigarettes a day (and purely closet as Bubba hates smoking...I think the closet part motivated me most because I hate the dishonesty of fibbing by omission...he never asks because he doesn't think I smoke). Anyway, I'm proud of quitting AND losing any weight at all.

I know that when we get home, it's going to be hard to stay quit (because there will be opportunity once again), but I am going to give it the old Queeny try!! I am past urges I think, so I need to just not "entertain" the thought. I shall banish passing thoughts and not offer a chair and have them take space in my mind.

This all sounds good in writing here...but truth is I am not perfect at all and need to put it all here to be accountable. Why here? Why share this on Whiners?

So I can whine like the devil when I struggle with staying on track.

And I can use these
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I will refrain from poo stories as it is lunchtime in my time-zone.

the flooded elevators have been repaired, it looked like a waterfall from the ceiling on the ground floor this morning...but now the building smells *moofy*
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Ann, get 2 kittens, you would never expose the babies to 2nd hand smoke! rent a child, rent a dog...what finally got me to quit smoking was the smell...every time i had a cigarette i felt the need to wash my hair and brush my teeth...very time consuming!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I got myself some HerbaTussin, herbal tea for congestion and coughing, and it tastes HORRIBLE!!! I mean really bad, like I'd scraped bark off the trees and steeped it in boiling water! Really foul tasting.

I went to my neighbor's (the dog neighbors) and borrowed enough honey to disguise the taste, somewhat, and am gagging it down cause I paid for it and need the relief... but omg does it taste awful!

Actually one of the herbs in it is slippery elm bark, so it's tree bark literally...
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - This strange "portion" thing you speak of - does not compute!

Hydrogirl - Best wishes to your brave family member.

Beautiful day here, I am quite whineless at the moment. Wait - there are bugs. Yeah, that's the ticket - even though it's only been warm one day we have gnats and flies buzzing around. Waaaaaa.

Ground control to HB - where beeee you?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

You guys are sooo sweet
Honestly I really am having so far a whine free day. I am shocked I am in no pain what-so-ever
BTW I did great yesterday not reading the poop story well I just had to look today EEK