Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Where are these stupid stink bugs coming from?

It's February! That makes two in the last few days! I had mom get this one...it was crawling on the computer tower. I hate bugs. Except when they're outside...then they're okay.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Uh, oh. Hope I'm not going to get the poops.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Dee! My experience with muppets goes back about 30 years, so am a little shaky about my identifications :0
LOL some have second childhoods...others never leave their first

Grover:

LOL
D
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Get ready to do some big work today Dee!!!

I am wrestling with the energy star ratings for my new installations for tax credit...they don't make it easy to deduct expenses! grrrrr. they just want me to give up so the govt. can keep my $$$...liar liar pants on fire.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'm going to bed - knock yourself out Fandy

D
Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

My whine for today is that I'm feeling a little low on energy. This would typically be one of those days where I'd skip into the kitchen. And make myself a grande coffee w/ french vanilla creamer and a tsp of sugar. But I can't do that today.....cause I quit drinking coffee almost 3 weeks ago!!!! So I have to struggle...I have deal with the nagging desire to go back to bed. And I have to pull myself together before a full-fledged pity party begins!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I truly need my high octane coffee to move quickly in the AM too.

i promise to not make a mess while Dee is resting.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Uh-oh, I have no whines - I've looked around & can't find a single one. Maybe they're all going to show up together later on.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
part time member

Ann, I love your avatars. I don't know where you get them but I copy lots of them!

My whine is that I got a cashiers check from the bank the other day and I got it for the wrong amount..grr...now I have to make a special trip back to the bank to get another one! My brain has been a bit foggy lately. Should have seen all the mistakes I made at the weekend Eurchre party...I was naming trump and we hadn't even gone around once yet...needless to say I came in about 45 out of 50 people.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

weekend Eurchre
My favorite card game. I play it on the computer and call it compeuchre. The other players are Andy, Zoe, Martin, and I'm dipshit.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hey whiners, whining really does get results. I wrote a letter to the Vetsulin company and mailed it Monday - got a call today! She didn't say what I wanted to hear - that they'd get right on it and fix it before Nikko runs out - but she was very considerate and understanding and promised that Vetsulin would be back in production, just not for a while.... in the meantime, Nikko's getting older every day...

At least she was nice enough to call me. I hope they know better than to mess with "dog mom"...

In the meantime my vet got me two vials of it so he's good until end of April. And there's always Canada...
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you got a call, least!!!!

Dee, Sgt. Floyd Pepper was the avatar you had when I first joined, and that is the muppet I completely associate with you!!!! I love his eyebrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann's avatars change so often it used to make my head spin! Sadly, I'm just not that creative.......

New post of coffee's on, folks! I even stopped and bought a box of Krispy Kremes.....
Old 02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I just got back from visiting an old friend from home who is down here about an hour away from us, for a couple of months too.

Her daughter (who happens to have red hair so is very special to me) is visiting her along with her wonderful husband and two adorable little girls. Her daughter has always been a really terrific person, the son-in-law is every mama's dream for her daughter, the perfect husband and a doting father. The two of them cooked all of us a fabulous lunch, complete with key lime pie...and the little girls entertained nicely and were full of hugs and cute gestures of love.

My whine is...I want her kids and grandkids. Sharing them is nice, but I want them to keep and take home with me.

Guess I'll have to settle for a cat...or two...*sigh*

I had a good time anyway, and don't care a whit about the calories in that absolutely delicious pie.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno Ann - being around other folks kids is good...cos you can give them back

LOL
D
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I dunno Ann - being around other folks kids is good...cos you can give them back

LOL
D

Yup. I second that.

My dad isn't very happy with me. I took away Isis's treats and put only 4 in a little baggie on the counter (that's her new limit per day). Dad asked me about it and I told him that Isis is starting to get a little hefty and she needs to eat more of her regular food (besides being really expensive, it has fairly high quality ingredients). He tried to argue with me that she doesn't like her regular cat food and doesn't eat it. No, dad. She likes her regular food, but she's not eating enough of it because (...somebody *ahem*...) ...she is getting too many treats.

Wow does that man love to argue. I stayed calm and explained to him why her regular cat food is so good for her.

I bet he'll buy another bag of treats and sneak feed her. He better not. Isis is my little baby and I don't want her to go all chunky on me. She will not follow in my footsteps...or that of our last cat.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

LOL
D

I whole-heartedly agree. Same with grandkids - you hand them back to their parents for the 'dirty work'.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Ahem...I have 3 hefty cats.....Fandy is a true lard-a$$...about 15 lbs......for a smaller body....Pookie is just *meaty* and very well muscled....very tall his paws reach the kitchen counter when he stretches. up...he reminds me of the pool boy/Cabana boy I don't have.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I myself am a combination of meaty and lard a$$.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Pookie has gorgeous sleek soft gray fur with subtle striping...he has a VERY round face and eyes....he and Fandy do look alike but Pookie does not have long hair...his nickname is "Admiral Smooth-Coat"...his favorite TV show is NCIS....he identifies with Michael Weatherly....

Fandy has black and tan coloring....kind of like a milk-dud but he is soft like a chin-chilla..he has a very wide nose...he could be the child of Al Roker.....