Notices

90 Days and Under Part 4

Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Hi all! The time has come for me to graduate to the next thread.

And as excited as I am to move forward in my journey, I'm kinda bummed that I have to leave "my family" behind. Hope to see you all on the 6 months and under thread asap!

Wishing you all the best. Take care of yourself and each other. When did I get to be this mushy??? Oh yeah..I remember. When I got sober I got the opportunity to have true emotions again!!!

Coop: I leave "the force" in your very capable hands. See ya in the next thread in less than 2 weeks...right??

> 90's for all your support! I couldn't have done it without you!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Happy graduation Chloe! Congrats on 92 days!

It would be a privilage to handle the force for you.

Lots of us following the lead soon. See you in 9 days!

Coop
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

So many anniversaries and reasons to celebrate

60 days today for me, still can't believe it. And even though I've been a little down lately I still don't want a drink. Adjusting to my sober self and finding out who she is, as she's been buried under a pool of booze for many years.

So grateful for SR and all the great support here
Old 01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Congratulations Chloe, we're following right behind you!

NAT 12 weeks, brilliant work,

Betterlife, 60 days has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

I've booked the band to celebrate,

Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Congrats chloe and anyone else who is graduating. Pennywhistle its a hard lesson to learn and even I am still tempted sometimes. Hope everyone is doing well. Been busy here. Just checking in to say hi, and working on day 50 here.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Chloe - and everyone else too!

D
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hello under 90s. Kevin here recovering alckie with 31 days!!!!!(just graduated from under 30s). Getting up to post to SR after tossing and turning after going to bed. For goodness knows how many years I would sleep drunk or use erm 'natural' (nudge nudge wink wink) [see sex addiction] ways to get to sleep so using time in bed for THOUGHT ... well
Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
back again 11/09/2011

Don't know how to say this...except truthfully I suppose

I've been drinking for the last three days, and I'm really scared of tonight now. I thought I could handle it Saturday night, had a bit left over which I sdded to on Sunday night and last night I went out and bought some more......I feel like crap both mentally and physically, so off to try and sort myself out.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

What a great day it is to not drink Zuri....welcome back!!!!

You can do this!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

welcome Kevin, I know, sober thinking in bed is a change huh? It gets better, I'm working on day 51 and I sleep well unless I have something on my mind, like a big project at work or something. Zuri, the most important part is that your being with yourself and us. We're all here to support each other!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bettterlife4me View Post
Hi everyone!

So many anniversaries and reasons to celebrate

60 days today for me, still can't believe it. And even though I've been a little down lately I still don't want a drink. Adjusting to my sober self and finding out who she is, as she's been buried under a pool of booze for many years.

So grateful for SR and all the great support here
Congrats on your 60 days, sorry its alittle late! It can be tough to get to know yourself and really take a look at yourself, at least it is for me sometimes. From what I know about you, your supportive and strong for making it this far!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good day <90's!!

Betterlife4me- congrats on 60!

Shegirl- Way to go on 50!

Welcome to thread Kevin..that 30 day mark is a big one to get to.

Zuri- sorry to hear you've had a tough go as of late, thanks for being honest...that's why we are here. You can do this, read around this site at people with a ton of sobriety in...a large percentage had to get back on the horse numerous times after falling. The key is to keep getting back up, try doing some things different and give it another go. Please keep us posted, I am sending positive thoughts your way!

Have a great day everyone!

Coop
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.

I've been a lazy poster (well, lazy everything) but I read every day and thank you all for your posts.

Kevin, welcome to under 90!

Zuri, it's good to hear from you. Good luck with everything, I hope to see you feeling better soon.

I'm on day 82 and feeling ok. The best news is that I found another AA meeting that is absolutely brilliant. I went for the first time yesterday. It is a bit further from home than the ones I've been trying out but it's worth it. I had no idea AA groups could be so different. It really felt like a good match for me.

To the ones graduating and moving on to under 6 months: See you in nine days! Keep the place tidy and bake a cake!

January is over and I'm very happy about that. It is a difficult month up here north of everything.

Have a great day and happy sober February!

Giraffe.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling Zuri - you'll find a lot of support here
Whats your plan for sorting yourself out?

D
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kevin

if you haven't seen this, there's some common sense sleeping tips here

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

D
Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi 90's

Well, my thoughts are with the northern Queenslanders and the impending category 5 cyclone Yasi. That's the biggest and meanest cyclone I've seen. Dee, I'm hoping you're a long way south of where it's going to cross the coast. You guys are really taking the impact of extreme weather. Fingers crossed that it's going to be okay.

Well, a few are graduating to the 6 month thread and I've got to say what a wonderful thing to happen! Casting my mind back to pre-sobriety, I think it's a huge achievement and life changing (as a lot of you are describing - job hunting, riding bikes, more energy, etc).

Zuri - for what it's worth, I'm feeling really good at the moment - no pressure to drink. The little voice has been yelled at so much that I think it's crawled under a rock and is staying there (for good I hope). I'm really comfortable with not drinking in public (this is what I want to do - it's my right). Continuous posting on SR was what I needed to tip the balance in my favour.
I hope you have a plan - keep working and keep dropping in here. It would be good to know how you are going.
Giraffe - good to hear you've found another AA, one that suits you better. I've never been to one (but I will if I slip up) - what are you doing there?

BetterLife4Me, Penny, Akasha, Chloe03, Coop1, Shegirl, Carlos, Kevin, IamLivingFree, NoAlcoholToday and everyone else (inc. Dee and Least) have a great day - be strong.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Have a great day <90's!!!!!!!!!!

Coop
Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi 90s - Happy Groundhog day!

When I think of the movie Groundhog Day, it reminds me of my former drinking pattern. Same thing, every day. Always waking up hoping it would be different, but I'd fall into the same old pattern of drinking day after day.

Very glad to say I haven't had a "Groundhog Day" experience now for 62 days.

Hope all you Aussies aren't in the path of the cyclones. Scary! And for those in the path of the blizzard of 2011 - stay warm and safe!

I'm hoping a 'snow angel" will come by and shovel the giant snow drift outside my front door, as I don't even own a snow shovel. We don't normally have blizzards in Oklahoma

Hope everyone has a peaceful, sober day
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Thanks shegirl it is good to see you and others that went ahead or have previously posted in under 30s (coop dee et al). Am i boring people here? I really have few friends so i guess this is like a blog for me, although responses from dee and others have proved motivational in da past.

Day 31 for me.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

oh this page is alot busier. i posted before i refreshed my cache. about 6 people posted that i hadnt read as i didnt see you. sorry.

another lesson kevin