Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 47

Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Aren't those Least's dogs in that car Ozzy....???

Can't be my dogs cause they're riding without seat restraints and in the front seat, mine always ride in the back and middle seats and with seat belts.

Whaddayawanna bet that dk calls me for a ride home after she's seen the doctor....
Well, of course she did! Apologized for her rudeness (that's a first) and asked nicely if I'd take her home. So I said I would and she was very nice and grateful and told me so...

No, I didn't have to do that... but don't want to sink to her level, and besides it's dark and it's a very long walk home for her. And just the fact that she owned up to her bad behavior/attitude out loud, to me, says she's trying... And I was in a good mood when she called anyway cause just got a call from ck saying she'd be home soon... so was happy to do it. I do love her dearly, just don't like her very much sometimes... maybe cause she's a lot like I was at that age... so there's hope that she'll grow up like I (finally) did...:-)
Old 11-22-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

thanks for the kind words HoS

i will say, you and her would have hit it off,

two real wits!

fands, we hope you have a 50 gal. wet/dry vac!

least, yank the wheels off the car,

and unplug the phone!

HoS
I'm speechless

for the miners ozy

HB, good wishes for sis tomorrow,

and love the hat badge...

sky, in the leastionary, dk= defiant kid!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

This is a place where people really showcase their illustrative talents. I mean the gifs and jpgs and so on attached to replies - like "call and answer." (Call and answer being a musical thing.)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Very funny Zip.... You and hubby would get along great!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
part time member

leastionary, dk= defiant kid!
Love it! And ck=college kid Took me a long time to figure those out!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

You causing trouble Eeeeee? LOL

Prayers for your sis, and you, and all the family HB - may everything go well.

D
Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm up early this morning cause FFD had to go out... then saw it was raining and had to be forced to go out to do his business. He's so picky-picky about going outside when it's raining.

I have no whines this early morning 'cause I woke up happy, as always, and glad to be alive and healthy. But am kind of disgusted cause it's raining... No dog walks until later on, I suppose...

Gotta tell you all... last evening was talking to ck and told her something I'd already told her several times (hope it's just stupidity and not dementia) and when she reminded me that I'd already told her I laughed and said "face palm" and laughed myself. She burst out laughing and said, "mom, you've been on the internet too long - you're starting to 'talk that way'".

She's so glad to have me back to the 'land of the living' after living for a while in the 'vineyard of despair'.

Good moaning, all.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

least,

next time you yap with ck and repeat something,

just tell her its the one day at a time crap,

and living in the now's fault!

"note"

whiners still blame, though with a positive spin
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HB, prayers for your sis today that all goes well.

Morning Whiners. I slept in again so I am just one big Whine-On-The-Run.

Keep the whines flowing, I'll catch up tonight.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The anxiety and waiting and wondering was causing her to play the "what if" game.

I don't like that game...I always lose.
Me too Hbee, me too... I really try to 'live in today' cause that's really all we've got.

Prayers and good wishes going out to you and your sister.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

least, I SWEAR we were separated at birth....I used to tell my daughter..."I love you because you are my child, but I don't LIKE you very much....you are not a kind, or nice (or whatever adjective fit at the time) person....

HBeee, I love the new avatar...and i'm sure your sister will do fine and recover easily...my very best thoughts to both of you.

in putting a different "spin" on MY little pointy brain....This is the first holiday season in many years that I do not have to "adapt" to anyone else's schedule....no "mama-drama" from Mr. Fandy! no family juggling, no being dragged to spend too much time sitting at his parents house. I'm sorry for his father's death this year (he was my favorite of the bunch) and I know it is difficult, but his mother was an absolute UNKIND woman....her hair should catch fire if she goes into a church.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thank you again for the well wishes and prayers - whiners are wonderful!

Biopsy in an hour...(1:00pm).

Am keeping anxiety at bay with whiney distractions like this one:

Smelly Invaders Hitchhike North

"The brown marmorated stinkbug, an Asian invader that's become a scourge in states like Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, has arrived.

The beetles are a major predator of maple, birch and other hardwood trees. Their discovery has led to the removal of some 27,000 trees in western Massachusetts and a smaller number in Boston.

Like ladybugs, brown marmorated stink bugs don't bite or sting but they do all they can to find a warm place to spend the winter. They search for cracks and cling to walls and screens. They fly into homes when doors or windows are opened. They hitch rides on pets or clothing.

And they stink when squished or vacuumed.

In fact, homeowners who deal with fall ladybug invasions by vacuuming them up are cautioned not to try that with stink bugs because they may never be able to get the smell out of their vacuum cleaner.

The odor has been described by some as that of truly foul sweat socks.

Although not as maddening and expensive a problem as bedbugs, sealing cracks to keep them out could spare homeowners the unpleasant smell sensory experience of stepping on a stink bug."

I thought ticks were the most despicable creature on the planet.

Stink bugs run a close second.

This is only one kind of stink bug...gross...

Seal up the cracks and crevices my whiney friends...don't turn Home Sweet Home into Home Smelly Home.

Fands...
mama-drama
LOL

Sounds like even holy water couldn't put out the fire on Mama-Fandy's head at church.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

if you threw holy water on her, she would scream like Linda Blair in The Exorcist,"it BURNS, IT BURNS"!!!! Mr. Fandy's mother is an unkind person.....at his tender age of 55 when we met, i was one of the only women he ever brought home to mama....i never saw his imbilical cord, he must have stuffed it up his buttisimo to hide it.

indeed, the "mama-drama" would fill up an entire book!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is only one kind of stink bug...gross...

So THAT'S what's been flying around my den... yuck! I never noticed the smell tho and I squish them in tissue. That's the damn bug my cats were detecting last week on my rug... I havent' seen near as many since it got cold tho... and am NOT giving them free rent this winter!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
part time member

Prayers for Sis and all other whiners and their extended families....
Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Yes, HB....add my hugs to you and your sis.....

Fandy..you are a HOOT! I had to laugh with your church and hubby imagery....

I think I have seen those bugs in MA...but not here. Can I nominate mosquitoes to the "bad" list? Those, we have here and they are fast buggers.....
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

HoS, see... I just knew you'd fit right in here! Isn't this a great place? So glad you joined us in Whinerville.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya whiners...my whine de jour is that I miss you all but have needed to spend more time IRL taking care of stuff around the house & yard. Since I'm not whining here too often lately this one contains post, present and pre whines!

One day last week.. I transferred over 110 baby palm trees into pots.
I also planted: two tomato plants, about 20 red pepper seedlings and a gozillion number of misc. cuttings from various plants that I snipped, cut or sawed off all around this jungle that is called my back yard. (postwhine)

I spent over 7 hours outside that day....hmmmm maybe all that sawing and pruning is why the arm hurts?

My biceps are so sore that I need tylenol and a heating pad to soothe the inflamed muscles. (presentwhine)
It hurts to use the mouse & keyboard.

And here's a pre-whine that is guaranteed to keep this song playing endlessly in your head like it now is in mine. It's the tune that came into my head as I wrote this whineku....and just a friendly whining motivation for those without a whine to share today.

Wah-Wah-Wah-Whine-a-bop-a-loozie-Whine-ku

Wah-the Watusi...
I worked so hard in the yard...
my arm hurts so bad

YouTube - The Orlons - The Wah Watusi (Original Stereo)

the geetar players here might like this version better:
YouTube - The Ventures - The Wah-Watusi
Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh my, stinky stink bugs, witches with hair on fire, Wah-Watusi Whine-ku....does life get better than this?

This is Wanda the Whinoceros. I felt a special kinship when I tried on my swimsuits today...it just isn't pretty.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That damn dog is running loose - AGAIN!! Was just in my front yard and a guy in a car asked me if I knew whose dog that was... that was menacing them and running loose in the street... I sure do, I said, and told them to call the police on these damn nasty stupid fools for letting their dog run loose and menace people not to mention that the dog himself cannot be treated well by these idiots or he wouldn't be so mean and threatening!! I am afraid that when/if the cops are called - again - about their dog that they will beat or mistreat the poor (mean) dog, thus causing him to get meaner...

This is what I'd like to do to these people... Not to the dog, to his stupid owners!!