Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 47

Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good luck with the roomie and new furbabies, Least.

And it's nice to see someone else in this world up this early on a Saturday.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ann - I have those cramps too. Had them last night just because I stretched in bed - I hate that intense pain until you walk around. It can turn your stomach if it's really bad. I was taking a potassium supplement for awhile & when I was, I didn't have the cramps. Could've been a coincidence though.

Least - I must've missed something. Thought roomie wasn't moving in until January. Hope all goes well for everyone.

Happy Saturday whiners - let's go out and find ourselves some whines - good time of year for them. You got yer weather whines, shopping whines, traffic whines, health whines.....waaaaaaah.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hevyn, yes, it's when I stretch in bed too or if my feet get cold...I sleep in warm socks because of this. Potassium helps me too, I think I better load up on orange juice and potatoes.

We have a full moon, holidays approaching, winter setting in, and flu season upon us...the potential for whines is endless.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I am awake too...but no leg cramps....I haven't had them in a long time, iguess since I started a better vit. supplement.

I am crabby but it iwll pass with more coffee i hope. I have much to do today, but am starting off very slow....grumpy.

I am drinking double-black diamond coffee, it is so strong it can grow hair on my tongue.

I need to get started and feel very stalled.....good moaning indeed.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy I hope you can take a break soon. Seems like you're long overdue, with all the work stress and family issues.

Dog just threw up on new living room rug. And away we go......into the whiney world.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

orange juice and potatoes.
Bananas are a great source of potassium too. And a good 'mood' food too.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Morning kids!

Well, speaking of health issues, my ankle/heel is sore and has been, on and off, for days.....I dunno if it will pass or if I have a hairline fracture in my heel. I haven't done anything to it that I can remember. Luckily, I remember things these days! Getting an x-ray would be fairly complex here....

Least, best of luck with your roomies-to-be and hugs out to those with colds, flus, sniffles, aches and pains....

Off to a flea market today to try and sell some stuff....
Old 11-20-2010, 04:59 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I try to eat a banana every day....since they remodelled wallymart into a giant grocery, I take advantage of the really cheap prices....i get 3 lbs. of bananas for $1.32, baby carrots were $1.58 and celery was 84 cents.

the problem is I can't eat all of that food before it goes bad....but being the thrifty person (comes from growing up poor)I always share my food with my neighbors....if it's the same price and I get so much more, I would rather give some away.

I am watching the Zumba commercial to motivate myself into moving....but I doubt it...i had the original Zumba workouts, i disliked them immensely.

thanks Hevyn, yes, I do need a break! i am working tomorrow too...but NOT next weekend....I will be taking the full holiday of 4 days....we get paid for both thursday and friday and although it is double-time if I work, I refuse to work holidays, it's not necessary. my students will finish on December 17 and then we have a break until January 3....I plan to take some vacation days at that time.

in a sense though, it is good to have a lot of work to do and if I don't have a social life, at least I have something to do that pays me well.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
i'm a functioning puffer and have a home with a coffee pot

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I think I better load up on orange juice and potatoes.
Not in the same dish, I hope.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

Not in the same dish, I hope.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

nothing like a walk in the fresh air with 4 cups of coffee in me and hauling a big bagof doggie-poop to get me moving.....I am giving myself a facial and a good hair glossing/brightening...(I read a good trick to bump up my color in 5 mins.)

off to the salon to get my nails done.....today is my day...and the laundry's.

my brother told me that my mother was having a big hissy fit yesterday....she called his house 6X in 30 mins....due to her compression fractures they want her to spend time in a wheelchair and took away her walker....that lasted about 3 hours.

I will deal with her tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Really need to get going on indoor priming and painting while it's still relatively warm enough to open the windows.

But am procrastinating big time and finding mundane things to deter me like...

"Oh look, there's a small splatter in the microwave, I should clean it. While I'm at it, I should clean the oven and the refrigerator. Dang, I found a dust bunny under the fridge, I should vacuum underneath, then mop and wax all the floors."

Painting alone is so booooooooooring, nobody's available to come over and play and weather is supposed to turn too cold for open windows.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have the opposite of a whine today, belongs on the grat forum but oh well... I got an instant lottery ticket this morning and won $50!!! I will now make it thru end of the month!: I am blessed!

Mom called me this morning to take her for coffee... She seems to have forgotten about having someone "look at" her non-functioning car... She's also forgotten - again - about finding that BMV letter for her doctor... so she can drive...
Old 11-20-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

well that is good news! fun to get a little $$ treat.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HB - I'm with you on the hating to paint. I'm no good at it - so I don't set things up properly, like using that blue tape on the edges. Spackling? Sanding? No thank you, I just paint over any flaws even if they end up looking bumpy. I can see why people went with paneling back in the day. The room I'm sitting in is pine paneled. Looks dated, but will never have to be painted. I'm sure you'll listen to music as you work - or maybe a talk radio station that gets you fired up as a distraction.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Upset stomach...blech. Hope it's just food I ate...I don't want to be sick...because I'd like to eat some chocolate or other junk....even though I shouldn't eat crap...because then I'll have to crap some more...and besides, it's not good for me...the food or the extra crapping.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Awww I hope you feel better soon, Bamboozle!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

i've accomplished much today....(I never paint, i leave that for the professionals, I would rather pay then attempt to do more painting....and the master bedroom is due for a full overhaul).

I did laundry, floor cleaning, catbox cleaning, saved $10.00 at petsmart with coupons, got my nails done, hair trick works great for a fast touch-up, it looks like it's freshly colored, picked up a hot sandwich for dinner...made appt. for the Samster to have a thorough brush-out, teeth, nails and buttisimo trim at Petsmart, touched base with my brother on my mother's continued advancing dementia and craziness, downloaded a new book....and other nonsense....

and now it is 5:03PM and FULL DARK!!!!...i haven't even eaten lunch???? I just loaded my breakfast coffee cup into the dishwasher.

for all you thrifty pet owners...Petsmart is having their own "black friday" sale at 7AM next week....no thank you, i have other chores.

I am bored, it's times like this i want a glass of wine or 10.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Yay!

Kitchen and living room are completely primed!

I can't believe it myself.

Began painting and was on a roll... ...(that was so bad)

Am conducting a Whiner Poll if I may:

A. What's the color of your kitchen right now?

B. If you decided to change that color, what color would you choose? (remember, this is the kitchen)

Pine does not count, Hevyn