Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 47

Old 11-20-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

For the last twenty one years my kitchen has been ugly yellow/brown wallpaper - yuck. If I were to HAVE IT PAINTED BY SOMEONE ELSE I'd choose a light grey with charcoal trim.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kitchen is a bizarre lavenderish shade (we didn't paint it.) I might change it to a warm tan (a dark tan, not a boring pale beige). I'm never any good at picking colors, and they always look different than the samples in the store. I had a bright yellow kitchen once, with sunflower accessories. I loved it - until I hated it.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

my kitchen is a pale whitish with some tint of moonglow...the contractor picked it out when he painted 7 years ago....i have new white wide-slat blinds from "blinds to go" same throughout the house....i have a huge picture window in my kitchen which gives me a lovely view of my gorgeous japanese maple i planted 10 years ago...a nice kitty pillow for Slim who dirties the window with his fur and a view of my naked asswipe neighbor who's dining room faces my kitchen with about 25 feet in between.....my cabinets are ugly old walnut from 1982...my counters and tile backsplash are a nicer shade of green and my floor is ceramic white/green with deep green border....I hate it. I have track lighting that attracts dust and dirt, an ugly old ceiling fan. the best things are the appliances, all black and the above the stove built-in microwave is black/stainless....very old GE profile stove/oven black and cream....a hand me down from when my brother remodelled his kitchen (works perfectly both stove and oven)....I have a 17" TV black HD with full cable on one counter...white louver closet on the opposite end that houses the washer and dryer with 3 huge built in shelves above it....perfect if I was 6'5"....there is a coat closet with a mirrored door that is extra ugly....a big rubber sponge mat that advertises some kind of olive oil that serves as a catch all for the giant bowl of dry cat food (pro-plan), water dishes with palm trees and those little glass bowls from the $1.00 store for food dishes. my fridge is the kind with a freezer on the bottom...it is huge, i could probably fit 3 dismemebered bodies inside.....no icemaker!

round table that can seat 4 with wroght iron legs and chairs to match...i hate them too.

I will be having this kitchen gutted next year (after i sell my mother's house)...I want white cabinets with some glass doors to force me to be neat.....floor to ceiling cabinets with roll outs.....mini-glass subway tile backsplash in a reddish glass, granite built in bar with storage underneath and barstools...can't decide on that color yet...20" floor tiles laid on the diagonal with radiant heat flooring....maybe a deeper gray to offset white cabinets with nickel fixtures and sink faucets?

Front office bedroom is painted in a lovely seagrass as is the hall way, very light sand carpet....livingroom is a very pale "maize", light oak floors, pickeled color french doors leads onto back porch florida room with white ceramic tile....corner fireplace with green marble flooring/white border and the mantle is deep coffee colored....ceiling molding throughout living room and kitchen matches in a pale celery that should be repainted white....another job pending.

I have bored everyone enough? Mr. Fandy painted the livingroom, hallway and front bedroom office about 15 months ago....after we replaced all of the old windows and blinds throughout the house...i do like the colors of those rooms still. (Lowes valspar Hbee, excellent quality)..I have a can of black glaze for the fireplace mantle that is still sitting in the closet.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Wink

a big bagof doggie-poop to get me moving.....I am giving myself a facial and a good hair glossing/brightening...(
..sure makes my hair shiney,too!!!

..here is the oz zound room..painted by ozy n' carol..

Old 11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pretty, OZ! I love that shade of green.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
part time member

How did I get so far behind?....

Least...better to have added the water and not forgot the pot! I've done that! what a mess. Problems are due to not having coffee. Also I must have missed the bulletin on the roomie...that's great.

We redid the kitchen back in 1996. I am still waiting for my backsplash, supports for the counter and paint....Don't get me started.....

Happy Saturday...Mr LTT is hunting. I am catching up on all my shows. And I get the remote!!!! What a day!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The anniversary party was great! Lots and lots of friends and family of my lovely neighbors. I had a wonderful time.

I did notice some people getting louder and louder... and clumsier and clumsier... glad I wasn't one of them.

Odd how the open bar holds no attraction for me now...
Old 11-20-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Isis has been especially needy/affectionate this week.

And she's not eating nearly as much as a month ago. I'm guessing it's because she's probably at her adult size? It's funny...two months ago I was worried she was going to turn into a lardass...and now I'm worried she's not eating enough. *sigh* She's still using her litter box, so that's good. I hope I'm just being paranoid.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You know her behavior and habits better than anyone else. If she isn't 'acting' sick or abnormally to you, she's probably alright. I'm sure you'd notice if something wasn't 'right' about her behavior. As long as she can't get into anything bad for her (not counting toilet paper) she's probably ok.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love those colours too, Oz, just like Sweet Baby James...Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose...

Fandy, I had to clean my bifocals when I ready this...

nothing like a walk in the fresh air with 4 cups of coffee in me and hauling a big bagof doggie-poop to get me moving.....I am giving myself a facial and a good hair glossing/brightening...
I thought for a moment you were using the dog poop to give yourself a facial and hair glossing.

Lordy, who has the smelling salts?

Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Cat question here......why has Woof decided she no longer wants to cack in her litter tray.........three days now........is this respect or is she getting ideas about wandering off......yikes I hope not.......you may know she also has a foot fetish and will tap my foot gently sometimes or sometimes she will dive on it and do a half nelson and bite and dig her nails in....love my baby I do as I do my boys.....she is so low maintenance in comparison tho lol.

Potatoes and orange juice....mmm wondering is there a way that coudl work........we have duck a l'orange..........maybe spuds a l'orange could work somehow........curious now and feeling experimental lol

Good moaning all
Old 11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lovely room Oz - nice Floyd picture too

D
Old 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I have to admit, Ann, that I thought the same thing... Had to do a reread!

Well, it was rainy day on Gilligan's Island.....but these things tend not to last...blow in and blow out...but in between, blow hard.....

My kitchen...well, the one on the Cape is a deep blue. This is what it was painted when we moved in. One day, I decided to repaint and thought that to avoid the primer and all the trouble, I'd paint it with the same paint that the previous owners had left in the shed. Turns out, I ran out and when I went to the hardware store for more, they told me it was MARINE paint...as in hulls and stuff But I remember going great guns to start, but by the time I was midway, I was painting around the hardware (not removing it) and cursing the day I ever got it into my head that painting was relaxing!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

oh Ozzy andc Ann...thank you for the belly laugh....yes, i can see how y'all thought that!...I assure everyone that I did not have a doggie-poo facial or hairglossing. i just did both, walked the dog, picked up his poo and came back inside for more coffee and then washed/glossed my hair with blonding product and my facial consisted of a 50% strength AHA that will brighten me up. thank you for that image, i laughed so hard i am crying.

ok i do have a whine....sigh technology screws up too.....Barnes and Noble sold me a nookbook, took it back because the website burped....i called for assistance, deleted my credit card, put it back into the website, re-purchased the book and then was told i already downloaded it....the customer service rep. assured me it would show back up in my library in an hour!

for those inquiring minds....it was Fannie Flagg's...I still dream about you...a woman puts off committing suicide....the preview was GOOD,, caught my attention.

i have to confess I am getting fast addicted to this nook-Ipad facsimile....if the thing gets the kinks out it is a great toy....i can surf anywhere there is a good wifi and the screen is a full 7 inches....much bigger than a phone...(and no extra monthly smartphone charges) and i can download movies too.....i can read at night with the lights off....it only weighs about 11 ounces and easily slips in my purse and is full color. many of the books are super cheap compared to buying in a discount store....now i just have to figure out how to store stuff on the memory card...i am not very technically savvy.

Ozzy's rubber tree looks quite healthy too....I have a giant Sago Palm...it is extremely pinchy needles
Old 11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

skate'n aunt dee

is jerry lee lewis on board?

"There's A Whole lot'a Whine'n Go'n On"

i get the toe cramps at night onece and awhile,

i hop out of bed, and do the Jed Clampett Stomp to rid them.

you liked that one egh Bam? lol

ozy, i see some Icons hang'n on the wall

have a whiney evening kids,

and whine nice
Old 11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Ozy, nice cozy room with the geetars in each corner! Is that sponge painting that you 'n Mrs. Oz did on your green wall? Nice effect.

Thanks for Whiner poll answers and for the Complete Fandy Home Tour!

This really is a whine now cuz I'm sitting in the middle of two rooms that are primed and ugly and I need to choose a color. Waaah!

Here's the rundown:

Reds, yellows, oranges and beige or creamy colors are WARM - they are stimulating and soothing to our EMOTIONS.

This is why red is used alot on products like Coca-Cola, Ferrari, and red lipstick.

Blues, greens and grays are COOL - they are calming, focusing and soothing to our INTELLECT.

This is why cool blues are the most popular color for business suits and shirts, as well as police uniforms.

I once had a green kitchen that looked institutional and depressing. It even made the food look bad.

As if choosing a paint color wasn't enough, natural light is important to consider too.

Morning sunlight is considered blue and evening sun is considered red.

So evening sunlight enhances warm colors but dulls cool colors (and vice versa).

Am leaning towards a soft, golden yellow.

Yellow is said to enhance converation and appetite.

Conversation - okay.

Appetite - no way.

I have enough of an appetite without any help from my walls but I like yellow for a kitchen.

Sorry for the Color Wheel 101 rambling...I just needed
Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

i have to say that I really like the very very pale maize of the living room, it gets very little bright sun naturally.....i haven't notice a change in my appetite but i really don't eat in the living room.

you can buy little pots of sample colors at most stores too....try them on the walls? paint over the ones you don't like?
Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy's given Queeny the vapours.....

I was trying to make out the icons on Ozy's wall - now the mystery is solved. Love me some Floyd.

HB - I love a nice soft yellow. My old kitchen was supposed to be that, but somehow it ended up looking more like a school bus.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Paint samples are ok for color checking...not great for determining the best sheen.

Valspar brand paint...blecht!

It spreads lousy and leaves roll marks.

It also required numerous coats...of the paint with primer brand no less!

Big-time whine for the ka-ching $$$ that Valspar costs.

The paint smell in my house is giving me a headache and it's too cold outside to open the window.

Waaaaaaaaaaah.

Sir Raven is being a psycho-kitty jumping around and through the plastic dropcloth.

What a nut.

School bus yellow is a tad bright Hev. LOL
Old 11-20-2010, 10:19 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Wink

..yes Hbee..

..went crazy with the 'sponge' painting..so easy..sort of!!..lol..