Notices

90 Days and Under Part 3

Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Oooh - man, I feel like I'm moving on up in the world! Can't wait to visit the next clubhouse.

~plays the 'Jeffersons' music~

Today I'm here as I was yesterday and the day before. I'm sure thankful to be where I am........

Working on day #42 with a happy heart, a smile on my face, a pep in my step, and a shout out to all my buds on SR.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations leo

D
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Was away and haven't been on this site for awhile. Day 46 today, half way mark. Dealing with some stress and thoughts of numbing it with alcohol cross my mind, but my resolve and just how damn good I have been feeling is keeping me from buying some wine. I have only skimmed through the site, will read more in depth later.

This too shall pass right??? not the good feelings but the stress, life is full of stressful circumstances and learning to live through them without escaping is huge.

IMT
Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi friends! On day 43 and thankful to have this day.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Originally Posted by Itsmytime View Post
Hi everyone,
Was away and haven't been on this site for awhile. Day 46 today, half way mark. Dealing with some stress and thoughts of numbing it with alcohol cross my mind, but my resolve and just how damn good I have been feeling is keeping me from buying some wine. I have only skimmed through the site, will read more in depth later.

This too shall pass right??? not the good feelings but the stress, life is full of stressful circumstances and learning to live through them without escaping is huge.

IMT
My time to drink was just before my huuby got home from work. Because that is when stress seemed to kick in. Make dinner, talk to him ask him to turn down the tv.. he plays with the dog and gets it barking... just one thing after another.. It's still there. But I take a deep breath and be thankful I have a loving man who plays with the dog and grab a green tea or soda..
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats to all on your continued sobriety! Day 82 here. I'm really excited to be so close to 90...it will be a huge shift for me to stop counting in days and start working on six MONTHS instead.

The last time I had 82 consecutive days sober, or anything close, was before I ever started drinking...like in high school, 12 years ago.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Congrats to all on your continued sobriety! Day 82 here. I'm really excited to be so close to 90...it will be a huge shift for me to stop counting in days and start working on six MONTHS instead.

The last time I had 82 consecutive days sober, or anything close, was before I ever started drinking...like in high school, 12 years ago.
Congrats, we are waiting for you over in the Six month "club" ....

15 Weeks
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - Leo dropping by this morning, enjoying the beautiful sunrise - crisp autumn air, the birds chirping along in the treetops, taking his little leos to school. Wow - so many things to admire but so little time!! Hehehe!!

I'm on day 44 and feeling very humble and thankful after what happened last night. I work part-time most evenings at a store. Just before we closed one of the contracted housekeepers dropped by and we chatted up like we always do. He was feeling down and out, talking about his younger brother (50ish) and that he is in the hospital. Come to find out, his brother had always had a drinking problem - he even lost his adult son to alcohol but never quit. He is dying. Liver just cannot function anymore. He is connected to tubes and he won't be leaving the hospital. He won't be going home.

It really hit home to me after hearing his story last night. I certainly didn't expect it, but I'm sure that I was told that story for a reason. It's one thing to read stories about the outcome, but another for a friend to share personally with you. Man, I don't wanna ever be there. I'm soooo thankful that I'm sober today and I wanted to share this with anyone out there that may be struggling and needs to read this.

Please, if you are using stop before it's too late.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I'm working on day 39. That is a humbling story, I'm sorry for your friend, he lost his nephew and now is brother is dying. My thoughts go out to his family.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I dont know what your stressful situation is, but my mom used to say something to me that would make me feel better, it applies to most situations. She would say "this is only temporary". so whenever things are going bad, I just try to think I can tough it out today because its only temporary and tomorrow could be better
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone,
Made it through my rough day and feel much better today.

Leo I can really relate to your post, I lost my brother to non alcohol related cirrhosis and it is awful to watch someone die from this disease. That is one of the major reasons for me quitting - besides the shame, guilt and anxiety I want to be around a long time to see my children grow old and have grandchildren.

Our bodies are precious temples that we need to take care of and I am taking charge. Alcohol is a poison to our internal organs, that vision is keeping me sober - along with the support from you all.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yeah, it was sad to hear that story, and I could only think that if I kept that up I could be there someday. Just another reason to stay sober and away from that poison.

I hope everyone is having a positive and great day!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 84! I totally agree with the perspectives on stress that have been offered. One thing I learned when I got sober was that I don't need to drink to make anxiety or other negative feelings go away...For two reasons. First, it's far more effective to deal with the actual source of the problem, whatever that may be. Second, often I find feelings are just a kind of mental "weather"... I'll feel one way for a while, and then I'll feel a different way. Much like rain or clouds, the negative feelings will go away eventually whether I drink or not. I've learned to be patient in that regard.

It's amazing to go through life knowing the way I feel is not affected by chemicals, or cravings for chemicals. It puts me much more in touch with how I really feel and what I really need to deal with stress/anxiety/anger... whether that's time alone, sleep, talking to someone or solving a certain problem that's making me anxious. As a result I feel much more balanced and my expectations of myself are more reasonable.

Anyway, enough pontificating for today. Day 90 coming up in less than a week... I already ordered my new bedding that I'm giving myself as a reward. I'm really looking forward to the new flannel sheets, my house is chilly

SBTS
Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I love flannel sheets!!! They are so cozy and warm. I love crawling in bed and watching a dvd.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!!! Its Friday,its a beautiful day today. I noticed some of the leaves are starting to change and its sweater weather! I had a good night, I fell asleep on my couch at like 8:00 and my husband gave my daughter a bath and put her to bed. But what I love about it is, I didnt pass out, I just fell asleep because I've been really busy the last week.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi shegirl - yeah one big thing I luv lately is sleeping all night and waking up so refreshed. Happy Friday everyone - I'm loving sobriety and keeping my side of the street clean. People are right - there are no regrets in staying sober. It's strange but comforting to NOT feel guilty about NOT drinking. LOL!!

Leo hitting day #45 and certainly grateful for a gorgeous morning over here.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
there are no regrets in staying sober.
Love this...I'm adding it to my tag line
Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

lol, I get what ya mean Leo, I havent gotten drunk and done anything to feel guily about, I can get used to feeling like this
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a happy healthy and sober weekend, all

D
Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good to hear of your progress. I know so well now the feeling of relief and happiness to wake up feeling good and eager to start the day. And yes, it's true, there are no regrets in staying sober.

I feel like I'm finally really living, not just existing in an alcoholic fog. My attitude is so much healthier and happier. What a blessing it is to live sober.