Notices

90 Days and Under Part 3

Old 10-03-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Good Sunday everyone.. What a beautiful day! Cold but still beautiful.. working on day 5 .. day 4 gone forever!!!!!!!

Have a great day. We are on vacation, I plan on hanging out and doing a little cross-stitching while my hubby fishes...

~hugs~
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
I think I would need a few more WEEKS sober before I attempted something like that.

Day 98
Me too!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You have no Idea HFA and Meblonde!!! 'The Wiggles' was the one I thought I really needed a drink for tho! That show is just NOT right! LOL

Meblonde congrats on day 5. Your vacation sounds like heaven!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't care how many years sober I eventually have...teletubbies would drive even a saint to drink!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Haven't gone there yet..A girl can only take so much while trying not to drink! LOL
Old 10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So Dee I have to tell you I was changing DD diapers and I noticed your Avatar on Her diaper. So basically...LOL! I got a good laugh out of that one. I have a whole box left so def makes changing them a little easier!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
oak

It's so good to hear you all saying the 2nd and 3rd months are easier than the first! I have been so happy and mostly craving-free for the past few days. 33 days sober.

Now I need to focus some on work this coming week. And on finding more and more interesting, fun things to do.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

So Dee I have to tell you I was changing DD diapers and I noticed your Avatar on Her diaper. So basically...LOL! I got a good laugh out of that one. I have a whole box left so def makes changing them a little easier!

D
Old 10-04-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy weekend and I am happy to say I am at day 37

I am truly loving the peace that has come back to my life...it's been a pretty wild ride the past couple of years and I am thankful to be off of it. Really, truly being true to myself and feeling amazing.

Thanks for all your support, let's all make it to 90 and to all that have just reached it or are very close
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today is a new day. I'm grateful for a big honkin' list of things.

T-H-I-R-T-Y F-O-U-R is here today. Thank goodness for coffee and Dr. Pepper!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 5 gone working on day 6.. almost a week already.. I have had heart pulpations for about 7 years. Had test and they are nothing. They changed a little the past year and a half.. instead of feeling like the heart skips well it feel like it goes fast for a few seconds.. Last evening had one that lasted longer than before.. SCARED ME.. I thought, Come on, I'm being good not drinking and feeling soooooooo good.. Don't start something for me to worry about..

But today is another day. I went for a long power walk (something I have done nearly all my life) and I feel great!

Bye Bye day 5.....
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey MeBlonde! Congrats...another one bites the dust;-) Day that is:-) One of the best things I found was the longer was sober the more each day became less about making it through without a drink and more about living and enjoying it to the fullest!

If you've had the heart thing checked out and the doctor says nothing is wrong you can do one of two things...1) get a second opinion or 2) not worry about it:-)
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey all

Day 73, I have to admit I got a little mad at my husband today. Some friends of ours wanted to hang out and catch up and he actually suggested that we go with them to visit the Long Island wineries (we used to spend a lot of time there together, both as a couple and with these particular friends.)

I know that he doesn't really understand what I am going through, I know that. But HELLO? Why in the world would I want to go to a winery?? It's even worse than going to a bar (which he knows I'm not up for yet, either) -- at least at a bar I could get a club soda and cranberry or something and sit and talk with them, but at a winery all I'd be doing would be sitting around empty-handed watching them all do wine tastings and thinking about the fact that I'm not drinking. Not exactly my idea of a good time. When I expressed this he got all huffy and basically accused me of overreacting. Which maybe I did but... DUH! I mean he's usually more intelligent than this, honestly. I thought he'd already accepted that certain things were going to have to change in our life, and this makes me wonder if really he's just waiting for everything to go back to the way it was. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I obviously will NOT be going to the wineries, and we settled the issue, but I just had to get that off my chest. I can't talk to him about it any more, because when I tried to explain how I felt he just got mad and told me the conversation was over. *eyeroll* I don't think he was happy with my reaction about this, but I really couldn't help it.

On the plus side, one more day sober and it didn't even occur to me to crave a drink to deal with being angry or frustrated.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please do get a second opinion if you're worried meblonde.

and SBTS, I guess folks who don't know about alcoholics can sometimes never really get it...even spouses - thats why I'm glad we all have SR

D
Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning boys and girls, Leo the lion checking in to say hello and I wish everyone success on another sober day. I'm sending out good vibes so reach out and grab it, would ya? LOL

Yesterday is gone, but nonetheless a victory for me in defeating alcohol. I'm Leo, hear me roar.........
Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 6 gone working on 7.. BUt I don't really even thinking about drinking.. I guess because I have choose it no to be an opition..

Happy Tuesday all..
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

79 days. Long time listener, first time caller.

God bless.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by prodigalson View Post

God bless.
Congrats on your 79 days, impressive. Welcome to the posting side of things.

Day 100
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigalson View Post

God bless.
good job!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

~Give us this day our daily thread~

*pokes head in, waves to everyone*

Hey guys and gals, just checking in to say hi and sending good vibes out today.

Working on day #36, had a nice group last night at the church, talked about alot of stuff and listened to people get things off their chest. I feel refreshed inside. Man, I can't believe how fast the days have passed, even though early on I felt like I was living in slow motion.