Notices

90 Days and Under Part 3

Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Picked up my 30 days last night. I haven't dealt with using dreams or cravings this go-round. It went by so fast! This is new to me, so I will just take it as a gift and keep my mind on today.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations onewithwings

D
Old 10-27-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting those 30 onewithwings - and congrats to everyone else making progress as well.

I had a great meeting last night - very moving and a reminder to me that I always need to stay alert and keep working on sobriety. I really hate to see folks slip up and have to start over again. Spinning those wheels until you burn out isn't much fun at all.

It was just a reminder to me - make a note to self: "Watch out - that tricky little voice can come at any time."

I'll do whatever it takes to not drink and remember the tools I've been given in case I feel temptation come along.

So, heres to another day sober and I sure am thankful to be given the gift of a new day, a productive positive day. Day #57. Watch out #60, Leo is closing in!!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Congrats on everyone for the progress! Forgood, I've had that happen to me. I love not drinking, no more blackouts. But Leo's right got to be careful, i've tried to quit before and started up again after things were going good for awhile because I thought I could handle it.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Congrats on 30 Days Onewithwings

Welcome forgood, this site is a great support.

You guys are right, and I did it. I called my friend and told her I haven't been drinking, it was met with "you are saturday" I said no and she said "we'll see" I was adamant and I think she thinks I will drink but I am no, nor do I have the desire. I didn't get into details over the phone but I will tell them Saturday - I am always afraid to say I've quit, it puts too much pressure on me. I will say I am taking a break (but we know it's more than that ) If it affects our friendship , I will be upset but my sobriety is too important to me.

Well, I am happy and proud to say DAY 60...two thirds on my way to 90.

I hope everyone is doing well and let's keep on target
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Alright and good job on number 60!! Just remember that maybe you'll have to give your friends some time to adjust as well. Even though we, as alcoholics/addicts make the biggest personal adjustments in our own lives, those around us - family, friends, coworkers, also have to deal with their own adjustments to our new lives and ways of living. Some will get on board, and others may not know how to deal with it. Alcoholism has that rippling effect and spreads to every corner of our lives.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good job its my time!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

BTW just saying hello to all my peeps out here in cyberland - Leo is grateful for having another day to let life just be........life. I'm thankful to be here and working on day #58.

I hope you all have a pleasant and sober day today.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, just dropping by to say howdy and I hope everyone has a happy and safe sober friday and weekend as well.

Working on day #59 today - I sure am happy I made it this far.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I am into month two and I also feel my energy level picking up. Some of this energy I attribute to a different outlook on life and the possibility that life can be enjoyable.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Ditto to what scarce1 said. All that time walking thru life with beer goggles on. I like my outlook also and thankful to see things for what they really are, and not what I wish them to be.
thx for writing that scarce. I needed to read that today.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, working on day 54 here. Hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy halloween! My daughter is going to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I cant wait to see her in her little costume!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thats true, I cant even describe how grateful I am to be happy for the way things are now. It feels like so many other parts of my life have fallen into place
Old 10-31-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Good bye everyone. I wish you all well in your recovery. I have enjoyed reading and posting this past month. But for some reason when I post no one seems to comment to me. So I will stop wasting my time and trying in interact. Keep up the good work, and remember how good it feels to be sober instead of hung over..
Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that meblonde- this is a great site, and cutting yourself off from it is a little counter productive don't you think?

I really do try to respond to everyone regularly but it's just not possible on a site this size.

I always read your posts tho. These monthly threads are a pretty important part of what we try to do here

I hope you change your mind meblonde

D
Old 10-31-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too hope you don't leave here. That might be like cutting off your nose to spite your face, don't you think? Stick around and help us celebrate your continuing recovery - and everyone else's too.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Dont leave meblone, honestly I'm just lazy and if i comment on what someone said, its the person before me. "and remember how good it feels to be sober instead of hung over.. ", I like that saying
Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I hope you don't leave either - I try to read as much as I can and when I can and post what I can - if that makes sense!

Please don't give up the good fight - whether you realize it or not you have many friends here and this is truly a great place for support. I'll make it a point to zero in and find your posts when I jump on the net, ok?

And, Leo here checking in this beautiful morning. Glad to be working on Day #62!!

Alcohol is now becoming more of an afterthought to me these days, but I will continue to remain on high alert for those tricky thoughts that might come my way. I'm thankful beyond belief to have passed 2 months and very thankful to read everyone's posts on this forum.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Still no drinking, but I've been smoking, but I havent smoked a cigarette in two days, and I am grouchy. But no urge to drink! If its not one thing its another!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by shegirl View Post
Good morning everyone. Still no drinking, but I've been smoking, but I havent smoked a cigarette in two days, and I am grouchy. But no urge to drink! If its not one thing its another!
Yeah the smoking thing sucks. I had to give them both up together as one was a trigger for the other. Hang in there, we are pulling for you.

Week 18