Notices

90 Days and Under Part 3

Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good Morning - I am off to find the 6 month and under thread. Can't wait for everyone to join me.

Congratulations Murray - It's fund to have you just one day behind me in sober days!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

got through my second day of no booze. working on day 3. Just went for my morning walk.. always have walked even when I was hung over but today was wonderful. Slept good last night too.. God is Good! I am a child of his and he wants me well..
Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
oak

I'm following Leo over here. Day 31 for me.

It's getting easier. But I hope it gets a lot easier!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So proud of you lyddie and Murray!

Welcome, to the newcomers.

I completely agree that these days are going by faster than the first 30. Today is my day 70! I will be celebrating by having a quiet night at home with a pizza and finishing my book while my husband drinks with "the boys"...once upon a time I would have joined them but now I would so much rather not.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober weekend you guys

D
Old 10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Today is my day 70!
WOOOOHOOOO

Murray
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Judy...congrats:-p

Welcome to the newbies...days 30-90 are much easier than 1-30...in fact it keeps getting easier:-)

Congrats SBTS on 70!

I think today was 80...went to the new gourmet food place in NYC today, Eataly, thought it was like a Dean & delicate but you eat hhere as well...people were browsing the store with their wine glasses in hand ...triply.

I had a gelato...best gelato I've had since leaving Italy...yum!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

It was a double celebration for us tonight. One was my 90 days of course, the other was a resolution accepted by the Union of British Columbia Municipalities (Mayors and Council Members from across the Province) to oppose Enbridge Pipelines 525,000 barrel a day pipeline from Alberta's Tar Sands to my home town of Kitimat on BC's north coast. Enbridge is the same company that recently spilled 1 million gallons into Michigan's Kalamazoo River. They also recommended that the Federal Government ban all bulk crude oil supertankers from the waters on BC's north coast.

We had dinner at Sea Masters restaurant in the First Nations community of Kitamaat. The restaurant is built right on the shore of Douglas Channel, across from where they want to build an oil port that would see 240 supertankers a year, and we got to watch a Humpback Whale feeding right in front of the huge windows for almost an hour.

It's been a great day!

Murray
Old 10-01-2010, 10:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to all you guys

D
Old 10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
*knock knock*

Hi everyone! I'm settling in on this thread now, just graduated from 30 days and under thread.

Today is #31 for me!! I'm sure grateful to be here and thankful for another day to work on staying sober without a doubt!
Good for you Leo!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 3 gone.. working on day 4.. going for a walk. What a wonderful cool fall day! We are camping by a river. The river is beautiful with all the colored leaves floating down it, quiet time to reflect on being sober and how wonderful life is...
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey all, day 40, I think I am going to hang with you guys for a while. Cool?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome Alex and congrats on 40!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks LF! Congrats on Day 4 MeBlonde. Me blonde too! lol
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

time to reflect on being sober and how wonderful life is...

I've been doing that a lot in the last ten months. It begins when I wake up feeling great and looking forward to the day. All during the day I am aware of everything around me and so happy that I'm aware and not in a fog... And at night I am grateful to be going to sleep feeling good and happy and grateful for all my blessings.

When I was drinking I wasn't grateful for much, and always felt like life was passing me by... and now I am a part of everything and feel so good about it.

Congrats to all on your progress and many more sober days to come.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Haven't posted here in awhile....not sure what day I am on...somewhere in the 70's I think. More and more not drinking feels normal...what sometimes worries me is that I will forget that I no longer drink and someone will offer me one and I will take it. I hope this is just because the cement of my sobriety still hasn't hardened yet if that makes any sense.

Painted my living room last night...a project I decided I wanted to do a year ago but couldn't manage while drinking.....Jessy what a loser I was...now I have lovely white walls. I pulled up the ratty carpet in the spare bedroom last week and I will stain the floors this weekend. Also last night I polished my wood. I was such a slob when I drank, now I take so much enjoyment out of a well kept home.
Brings back some awful memories of when I painted a room in my old house. Woke up the next day with paint all over the carpet, my computer full of paint, the furniture full of paint, furniture knocked over. Yea, that was pretty pathetic. I was more than a slob that day LF.

Not sure what day I'm on either but think it's two behind you!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey Guys & Gurlz!

It's been a while and was thinkin of ya today as I froze my 'hiney' off on the way to work. I dunno why I was thinkin of ya'll but I'm here and checkin in.

From my calculations, I'm on day 82 *I think*.

All is going well, lovin my job but that will come to an end this month. However, he really wants me back next spring to work and am sure I'll take him up on it since I have failed miserably getting employment elsewhere.

Nonetheless, want to say congrats to lyddie and murray (I'm right behind you guys!) and welcome to the new folks.

Yes, sobriety does get easier!!!

Edit: I'm 81 days 22 hours sober according to the calculator.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey cat! Good to see you...I was wondering where you were:-) andknow I know what day I'm on....cat +1:-)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good Morning LF, Cat, Meblonde, least, Dee and all I don't know yet. I am just waking up. My 1 year old daughter and I are watching the Mickey Mouse club. LOL
Need more coffee. Hope you all have a great day. I will check in later when I can think.

DAY 41
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by alexvt View Post
...... watching the Mickey Mouse club.
I think I would need a few more WEEKS sober before I attempted something like that.

Day 98