Notices

Class of January 2010

Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Anyone talk to Malcolms anymore? Have not heard from him for a while.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, day 59 for me, still feel kinda funny "tired, lazy, no motivation" but all in all life is great. Thanks for the support everyone!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MahiMahi View Post
Hi Everyone, day 59 for me, still feel kinda funny "tired, lazy, no motivation" but all in all life is great. Thanks for the support everyone!
Hey have you felt that way the whole time since quitting? I've felt that way for a few days at a time but not in general. Hope it clears up for you soon.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi LimaCharlie,

Yes pretty much everyday, it seems to get a little better day by day. I am trying to stay positive and am hoping by day 90 I get back to feeling normal again. The one thing I hate about recovery is that it takes forever to see results.

I know if I use I will feel great "for a while" but then I will have to deal with detox again.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Anyone talk to Malcolms anymore? Have not heard from him for a while.
I see he hasn't logged in in over a week. Hope everything is okay with him.

I am still hanging in there. I feel a part of me saying that I will fail eventually, saying one of these days a situation will come up where I will drink.

Usually I just remind myself that I only need to not drink today(said every day) I find this works very well for me. Saying "I'm never going to drink again" sounds too overwhelming.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krodos View Post
Usually I just remind myself that I only need to not drink today(said every day) I find this works very well for me. Saying "I'm never going to drink again" sounds too overwhelming.
I hear ya. I'm not going to say I'm NEVER going to drink again. I just not going to drink anytime soon. If I told myself I will never be able to have a drink again, I just may start drinking again....If that makes any sense lol.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm still here. Official day one is 12/27/09 - but I joined the Jan. class. I'm starting to realize that I had quite a denial system in place. I keep having realizations about things because I think I'm able to look at the whole thing much more objectively now...probably because having realizations don't threaten almightly alcohol anymore.

My drinking friends are starting to bore the crap out of me. I find myself looking at my watch wanting to DO something vs. just sitting there and watching them drink. But I honestly believe it's therapeutic on a few levels for me.

1) I get to see how lackluster it actually was vs. how I romanticized it
2) I get to see in others how I must have acted while hammered, and I don't want to go back to that
3) I am learning that even when around old triggers, a beautiful day outside with friends, I can replace old automatic drinking behaviors with new NON-drinking behaviors
4) I see that not drinking doesn't mean I can't have fun...or genuinely laugh
5) I get to remember all the hugs that people give me, or the smiles when they see me. I never had that feeling inside of me that I was liked/valued, and apparently I am. Who knew!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

3 months sober today for me. Lately (3 weeks) I've been feeling kind of depressed and not as good as i was earlier. Not sure what to make of it but I have had a couple very stressful events in the last month. I am glad I made it through w/o thinking ok, this is too much I have to drink. I did not let my thinking get that way.

Just wish I was a little more cheerful right now. I think it will get better. I'm probably in a bit of a valley right now.

Hope the rest of you are doing well and happy.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Sid

Hadn't seen this thread before. 62 days sober as of today.

I've had a difficult couple of months, but with the support I've received here as well as from others I am seeing progress and day by day things are getting better.

I also try to focus on just today. I know I'm not going to drink today and when I get up tomorrow I will tell myself the same things.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I'm 3 months now as well.

It was a nice day and I was outside at my mother-in-law's house and was offered a drink. I turned it down.

I heard a song last night that triggered memories of drinking, and for a second I could taste my old whiskey drink. Good thing it was all in my head.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Today is my day 90 as well. My last drink was also on 1/3/10. It is nice that someone out there shares the same date Krodos

I am doing well these days. I am at the point that I can't imagine myself with a drink in my hand. I have been to a few bars with my friends and just order my club soda, and I don't feel the urges anymore to have that beer or wine. I never thought it would happen as the first three weeks of this were pure torment. The cravings were so strong but I held my ground.

My goal was initally for 100 days and I am almost there, but now I am thinking that alcohol just does not serve any purpose in my life at the moment. I find myself contemplating a year of abstenience to see what that will do. Like many others on this thread, I don't want to say forever - just one day at a time
Old 04-03-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great work you guys

D
Old 04-10-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Just checking in with the class. Hope everyone is doing well!

Overall things are pretty good with me. I have my up days and my down days. I'm learning to appreciate my down days more since they make the ups feel that much better. The cravings are becoming fewer and further between, and when they happen they are no where near as severe as they were in the beginning. I'm slowly cleaning up the messes I left behind, and learning to live each day as it comes rather than missing the past and fretting about the future.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hey Omega - I know what you mean about missing the past and fretting over the future. That's something I need to work on myself. I also have a problem with regretting the past and things I've done. But for today I'm content with myself.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

3 months here also

made my 90 day mark the 4th

I have been learning a whole lot about myself (and trying to understand parts of the last 35yrs) Its a good thing.........
I am doing my meetings on a regular basis.......doing lots of reading (big book....steps & traditions,and some daily meditations)
I Have a good sponsor..........and I really believe I am heading in the right direction!
but for the first time, I actually think this could be mine......and I could be happy living life this way.
Yes, its really turned into a different way of living and thinking in general

glad to see everyone else here...and wish you guys all the best Sobriety offers!!
Old 04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Day 90 for me!!!

I messed up my back at the end of February in the weight room and i've been dealing with shingles for the last three weeks. They are horrible. Beats drinking though.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I'm around 100 days now myself, still doing well. The voice telling me to drink is getting quieter and has much less influence on me then before. I've had many chances to drink and haven't. I think I have this beat
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I had another dream that I messed up and drank. Wondering if that ever stops... Guess it's only been 3 1/2 months
Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was longer than that for me, Kronos, but not by too much
They got less and less frequent - I can't remember the last one now

D
Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Still around. Still not drinking. It's been 112 days.