Notices

Class of January 2010

Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Checking in with the class again. This Friday marks 4 months! On Wednesday I have my annual physical with my doctor. I usually dread going to the doctor, not sure why. But this year I am almost looking forward to it. Almost. I am not looking forward to the 12 hour fast I have to go through before hand, but the bloodwork will be good for me.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good to see a few people still around.

I stopped counting the days long ago, I'm over 4 months now though.

Not having too much trouble with it. I do continue to have dreams where I mess up and drink and then am mad at myself... i am quite relieved when I wake up.

I guess drinking was a huge part of my life for 10+ years... probably takes longer then 4 month to get it out of your head.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Just curious as to how many of us January folks are still out there? Hope you are all doing well!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
Just curious as to how many of us January folks are still out there? Hope you are all doing well!
I'm still here.. Looking forward to my big 6 months sober date coming up in about 3 weeks. 6 months sounds like such a great accomplishment... After that. I want to count by years!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Krodos, it seems like it is just you and I left. Or we are the only two who check in on the thread - I hope it is the latter, and not the former!

Tomorrow I will have 5 months under my belt. I lost track of the weeks a long time ago, and lost track of the number of days shortly after I passed 100 and made it into the triple digit days. I'm with you, I would like to break free of counting months, and just move on to the years after I reach half a year.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I'm here, Omega. Still chillin'.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

I'm still here as well
hit my 5 month mark the 4th of this month.
Still hitting AA meetings at least 5 times a week......theres more to it than that tho (as I'm learning) gotta work the steps too.
Have a super sponsor

My recent undertaking (and its still ongoing btw) is to get OUT OF MYSELF (good lord, I always thought I was a door mat) lol
Instead, I find out I'm a self centered nim~rod who thinks the world rotates around her!! Too funny
(yes, I am finally learning to also laugh at myself)
I have literally learned so much in the last 5+ months that its incredible. About the disease, about myself, about life, about God!
Funny really, I logged in here the 28th (ish) of december, before I had even quit
(the thought was in my head obviously!!) So I guess, one could say SR was my starting stone.............How Cool is that?!!
Hope to make it around a lil more often, to pay it forward when I can. I always think I dont have much to offer, and in reality, you never know who's on the receiving end, and just needed to hear EXACTLY what you had to say.
I thank GOD, I am able to step in and say hey, and that I'm still sober

Have a FAB day SR))))))
Old 09-18-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Anyone still around from this class?

8 1/2 months sober now.

Made it through summer time without drinking.. I was concered it would be difficult but I really wasn't put in too many social situations where there was alcohol and also thoughts of me going to the liquor store does not even enter my head anymore.

It is possible the Holidays may have a few temptations.. but I don't see anymore problem there then not drinking while layingby the pool on a beautiful day.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:25 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you're still going well Krodos

D
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hey Krodos, I stopped by the class thread tonight to see if anyone had posted recently. I am happy to see you're still around and staying sober!

I made it through the summer, too. Still have my moments where my head's a bit of a mess, but those moments are getting fewer and further between and it has gotten a lot easier to work through my problems these days. Turning back to alcohol as a coping mechanism rarely, if ever, seems like an option anymore - I'm more used to reaching out for help instead of reaching for a bottle.

Hopefully there are more of us January 2010 folks still out there, too!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Krodos and Omega and any other January 2010 starters out there!

Started on January 28, and like you have managed to stay dry, although there
have been a few days where I've fantasized about a cold beer or downing a bottle of whiskey. But those moments are evaporating into the mists of my crazy past, and the my insane addiction to the poison of alcohol is fizzling out like damp firecracker. I used to think that "having a bottle in front of me is better than a prefrontal lobotomy." But that's all changed now.

I think one of the best things about sobriety is waking up without a hangover and listening to the birds and the sound of the sea in the morning. Sobriety has taught me that anything is possible if you have the will and the faith to do it.

Just one day at a time, anything is possible.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

Smile I like it ~ 1 day at a time

checking in ))))

Do we still have any of the class of Jan 2010 around??

I am still learning A LOT.
I am staying open minded.
I now Know the world DOES NOT rotate around me.
I am NOT a bad person.
I've found I DO HAVE the capacity to be honest with myself.

I made the comment last night (to a sibling that "JUST" was made aware of the fact I had quit drinking) that I had been going to AA for the better part of this year...........
and he was like ummmmmmmmmm this is almost the end of the year .........

I just gave him a simple "yea, I know"
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you again Din - glad things are going well
Not sure who else is around regularly, tho...

D
Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey Din! Glad to see you are still around and hanging in there. I'm still around, too, although I don't spend as much time on the site as I used to. I guess it is a sign that I have my feet fairly firmly planted in the ground now, and am building my life up. SR continues to be an important part of my recovery, albeit I don't seem to need it quite as much as I used to.

Hopefully there are others of us out there as well from Jan '10.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

i for sure dont post very often any more either (I do lurk a bit)
great to see you still around here ))))) omega

hope you had a nice thanksgiving.

I'm around family out of state (which tends to be somewhat of a trigger for my old selfpity thinking) so i've been doing a bit of online reading. plus i brought my arsenal of books for the trip too.
before, i didn't know what to do...............today i have tools available.

and that among MANY other reasons......

I Am grateful
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

I always see all these "class of" threads so I searched for a January 2010 thread being that I got sober this past January. I actually got sober on January 2, 2010, the last time I drank was on new years eve. At first I claimed that January 1st as my sobriety date but then I got honest with myself, its not as I stopped drinking at the stroke of midnight. I started drinking December 31st and stopped on January 1st. I joined the forum last month and have posted quite a bit. Glad I found this thread and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you peeps.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johndelko408 View Post
I always see all these "class of" threads so I searched for a January 2010 thread being that I got sober this past January. I actually got sober on January 2, 2010, the last time I drank was on new years eve. At first I claimed that January 1st as my sobriety date but then I got honest with myself, its not as I stopped drinking at the stroke of midnight. I started drinking December 31st and stopped on January 1st. I joined the forum last month and have posted quite a bit. Glad I found this thread and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you peeps.
I'm right behind you...I drank for another 2 days after New Years Eve....but, not a drink since
I can't believe that I'm a couple of weeks away from a year.....holy ****!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy new year to the class of January 2010!
Hopefully there will be many of us posting our 1 year of sobriety in here soon.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I am happy to check in with the class and report that today is my first anniversary of my sobriety.

Thank you SR and all the folks out there for helping me get to where I am today. I don't think I could have made it without you.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I didn't report in on my one year anniversary but congrats to the people who did. Happy year and four months to us.