Notices

Class of December 2008 - Pt. 5

Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you're all happy, healthy, and full of contentment and hope.

We're still pluggin along here. I'm madly in love with my son, my husband and my life.

Jameson is 14 months tomorrow! Craziness

Here's a pic:

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates~ It's been a long time since I've been here. Things are going wonderful for me. My Birthday (real birthday! lol) is coming up this week, planning on renewing my vows to my amazing Husband next year for our 15th wedding anniversary, I'm surrounded by people who love me, I'm just...Happy. I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since my last drink. It feels like that was another person, another life.

I think about you guys often, even if I don't come by here a lot. I hope all of you are doing well =)
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you S
I'm so glad everything's going well

D
Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Glad you're 'back', Warren!!

So excited to hear more about the book and movie... how wonderful for you, what an exciting time in your life, and what a great time for you to get rid of alcohol.. you'll see the world through much more serene and enlightened eyes, I promise!!

All's well here. Jameson is 18 months old.. he's talking a LOT (100+ words, when he should say around 5 at this age), running around like a crazy person, he's a joker and comedian and I laugh harder at him than I've laughed at anything in a long time. He's also very very sweet, and affectionate.

I've been reading a lot (in 15 minute chunks at bed.. I don't have much time!), finally buckled down and re-joined weight watchers (said "but I just had a baby" for a year!), and lost all my baby weight plus another 25lb, still have about 10 to go.. I feel great.

Here's a new pic:
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
mergirl

Hi Class =)

All is well in Lisa Land. Both my oldest and youngest are expecting babies, so I will be a granny in short order. I have a new man, and I have high hopes for this guy hahaha. We have best of friends for over a year now and the intimacy only added to the relationship, so I am having a ball.

Grats on the weight J! I had lost about 70 pounds before I quit drinking, and was still 30 from my goal (yes, big girl) when i moved to paradise. I kept the initial weight off for the last 3 years, but hadnt lost any more. New guy is an Italian who loves my curves and has a great metabolism, so I just gained 5 and am either going to panic or get right with the eating & exercise, havent decided which yet hahahha
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Everybody! It's so nice to see the updates from all of you =)

Flutter~ Your Son is gorgeous, just like his Momma, he definitely has your eyes. Congratulations on the weight loss!

Warren~ So can you finally tell me the name of your book? Because you know I'm going to read it!

Lisa~ My Friend, I miss you. Glad to know all is well with you and congratulations on the upcoming birth of your Grandchildren! My Mom says there is no other love like it =)

I'm doing okay. Found myself itching for some wine the other day, stopped and text a few Friends who quickly talked me off the ledge. I realized I was feeling frustrated and antsy. I'm so much better at recognizing my feelings now and working through them. I hate to say it, but I must be honest, I still struggle with food. I use it way too often as a way to comfort myself, and having been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism doesn't help my weight gain!

I always thought that the further away I got from my last drink, the less I'd think about. Maybe it's just me, but there are times when the cravings come on and they are very strong. I'm able to play the tape all the way through and I know I never want to go back to who I was, my sobriety is very important to me. I guess I wonder if I'm the only one who has that feeling...

Love and miss you *ALL*
Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to think time would fix things too S...but if that was the case noone would ever relapse again so long as they got up enough time, and sadly thats just not true.

I believe it's work not time that keeps us sober.

If I'm craving I know somethings not right with me and I need to work out what that is - I also need to find support to help me through when I feel vulnerable.

I haven't craved in a few years now - I put that down to the fact that I come here everyday and, I hope, my 'recovery muscles' are pretty well toned.

I'm not cured tho - I believe I ever pick up a drink again, I'll invariably find myself back at square one.

If I ever do find myself craving again, I know where to come and what to do.

Just my thoughts

D
Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks Dee, Hiya Suzi <3!

I haven't craved alcohol I think since the day I quit. I dont really know why. If you ask the people in AA, it was the work of a spiritual Higher Power. I am happy to give god the credit, as I am just glad I dont have to contend with cravings AND all of the other things that come in times of stress or sadness, its enough to deal with the darn emotions.

I also know that first drink only leads to more problems in my life, and that there is absolutely no relief to be found in a bottle for me any more.

So, I get uncomfortable, and now I have to work through what to do about it. In some cases, I need to talk it out. In some cases, writing helps. Sometimes, I need to take a walk or read. Sometimes, I go to a meeting and listen for the answer. Sometimes, I make space to grieve. I will allow myself an afternoon of ice cream, movies and tears, but just one afternoon.

Sometimes, I need to just let go. Usually, I just need to let go. I just have to trust that things are the way they are suppose to be, I have to remember I have no control over most of the things that are out there, and that my job is to work on how I react.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks for your responses D and Lisa =)

If there is one thing I know for sure, is that picking up a drink is not an option. The craving may hit but I know where it can lead and I've gone too far to go back. I know it won't make anything go away, I know it will only lead to pain.

I guess I just wanted to know that I wasn't alone in feeling the way I do.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Warren, glad you're still at it (hope that you are, I know this post is weeks old now!).

Still pluggin along here in life, planning Jameson's 2nd bday party (Nov 30, can you believe it!?), busy with approaching holidays, travels etc. We're going to FL in November, so Jameson will see the ocean and beach for the first time (and gators!), which will be a blast. My in-laws have a guest house and an indoor pool so we'll probably just hang around there most of the time.

Jameson is running, talking up a storm, using his imagination a ton which is so complex and interesting to me to observe from a psychological standpoint.. he's just such an interesting little creature

Hope anyone reading this is doing well!!

Here's a couple of new pics:

Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Diez de Mayan

Hi Everyone!

So nice to see you all still hear and read all the updates! I went out for awhile but have over 13 months now.

My husband and I are back together.

Hmmmm , not much to report except I have been in a depression for awhile..but this too shall pass....group hug