View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

Thanks Dee, Hiya Suzi <3!

I haven't craved alcohol I think since the day I quit. I dont really know why. If you ask the people in AA, it was the work of a spiritual Higher Power. I am happy to give god the credit, as I am just glad I dont have to contend with cravings AND all of the other things that come in times of stress or sadness, its enough to deal with the darn emotions.

I also know that first drink only leads to more problems in my life, and that there is absolutely no relief to be found in a bottle for me any more.

So, I get uncomfortable, and now I have to work through what to do about it. In some cases, I need to talk it out. In some cases, writing helps. Sometimes, I need to take a walk or read. Sometimes, I go to a meeting and listen for the answer. Sometimes, I make space to grieve. I will allow myself an afternoon of ice cream, movies and tears, but just one afternoon.

Sometimes, I need to just let go. Usually, I just need to let go. I just have to trust that things are the way they are suppose to be, I have to remember I have no control over most of the things that are out there, and that my job is to work on how I react.