Notices

Class of December 2008 - Pt. 5

Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad to hear your update, Lisa, it's always a good thing to be joyous

I just had gallbladder surgery the day before yesterday.. not too bad, just yet another post pregnancy complication it seems. It was done laproscopically, so I just have 4 small incisions on my stomach.. basically just feels like I did a thousand sit ups and lifted too many weights for my shoulders (the shoulder pain is the leftover gas bubbles from blowing up my tummy with CO2) got home from the hospital yesterday, mom and dad kept baby overnight so I could get a full night of sleep. Doctor Rx me a bottle of vicodin which I'm being very careful with.. I took it yesterday and thru the night but today I'm trying ibuprofin only to see if that takes the edge off enough to just get rid of the pills. I've never been a pill person, but I sure don't want to tempt any new 'feel good' chemicals sitting around the house if I don't need them.

I hope everyone else is doing well, we're going to watch a movie (Brothers, or 2012) and then go pick up my lil perfect son (lol).. it's gloomy and snowy here, perfect day to do nothing but relax.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Where is everybody? Classical, haven't heard from you in a while... Hope everyone is alright.

Jameson is absolutely gorgeous... but you already knew that, didn't you.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey everybody ... sorry so distant. I have been so tied up with this new house, and a couple of trips thrown in there too.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Old 03-27-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Old 03-27-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
mergirl

What a fantastic place!!!! I love the art on the table as well. I jumped into a living situation with someone I had only known a few months and it is not going so well=) So I am hiding at my sisters place for the weekend, and then I will be looking for a bedroom I can rent for cheap, with my big dog hahaha
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Your place is beautiful, Charles! We have very similar countertops.. I love having granite! Those floors will be easy to clean for you too.. I know I love having hardwood as well. Love the painted/glazed treatment on the other flooring too! When my husband and I were house shopping, having a beautiful, huge kitchen was a must for me and my mad cooking skills..lol. Enjoy the 'freshness' of a new and beautiful living space..

Lisa, I hope you find a new living space soon too!! You're so adaptable to all the changes in your life, I really do admire that about you.

Least, I hope pup is feeling ok today (ref: your other post re: blood sugar). Having had now 2 years of diabetic pup experience I know all too well how scary it is, and how unpredictable it can be.

Warren, glad you did a mini check in I'll look forwad to reading any updates you have for us about your life and how you've been.

All is well here, Jameson will be 4 months old in 2 days.. he looking more and more like a little person and not a baby, doing several amazing things a day (ok that might just be my opinion lol), and has completely enchanted me by simply existing. I cannot believe how selfishly I was living before (mostly because I could!), and how selflessly I am living now. It really is a remarkable transformation inside me, and in my marriage, and my relationships with close and extended family. I had absolutely no idea what this would be like and I honestly cannot believe I was on the fence about even having a kid for so long (thanks, alcoholism...).

All healed up from the gall bladder stuff. What I wanted to share about that (no, no surgery details really lol), was that while I was being diagnosed with having an issue, the process was that they did tons of blood work, then an ultrasound of my organs. I have been scared of even knowing anything about my liver for so long.. like I can't even express how scared I have been for so many years to have anything close to bloodwork done, for fear of finding out I had finally killed myself on the inside. It's actually what kept me from getting serious about having a baby.. I didn't want to go to the doctor.. I can't believe I thought that way, and continued to drink and put my life on hold. ANYWAYS (boy this got long), so they did blood work, my liver enzymes were elevated, which of course indicates a gall bladder (or other) problem. The next day they had me to an ultrasound of my gall bladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas.. etc. The sonographer couldn't tell me anything and I'm just sitting there staring at all these images of my liver pop up on the screen. Then my doctor called me the next day to tell me my gall bladder needed to be removed asap, and I did ask if there was anything else "found" in my diagnostics to indicate I was having any other problems.. but no, there wasn't anything found. So I have surgery, and they have to check out my liver, etc.. while removing my gall bladder (I even have pictures of it! lol). All this to say, I had pretty much every single test imaginable that could have shown liver issues (lots of damage can be irreversible, but most repairs itself if not too far gone), the blood work, the ultrasound, and literal manipulating and examining of my liver by a surgeon.. nothing was wrong.

The fear that I had been killing my liver (which I was doing!) had finally been lifted after probably 10 years of thinking about it on a daily basis. Seriously.. 10 years of thinking I was going to die of cirrhosis... gone. Totally clean bill of health, after being viewed inside and out, head to toe.. every blood test, pee test, ultrasounds of both my heart, and all organs, chest xrays etc etc.. all to tell me I am a pillar of good health other than needing to lose about 15 more lb (can't I still blame pregnancy?? lol), and a few points off my cholesterol score.

I didn't realize how much this has impacted my life, for so long. Of course having been sober since 12/08, I knew I was a helluva lot healthier than I was then, but still .. I'm not a 'go to the doctor' type person.. but to know, to REALLY really just face the music and know I'm doing the right thing in most areas of my life, feels really freakin fantastic.

Oh of course I can't leave this message w/ out new pictures of Jameson (finally invested in a new camera! Operates like a 35mm, totally manual or a point/shoot digital.. LOVE it):

Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
mergirl

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a happy Easter.. of course here's a baby pic from yesterday:

Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What a little cutie-pie!

Charles, what a cool house!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Talking Hi Guys

Hello, thought it about time I popped in to say

Glad to read that the ones still in this thread are doing so well

All is well here, just muddling through life, but it's good. We have a new rental to live in after 2 years of looking for somewhere warn, dry and suitable for all of us, all the 50 chooks, the dog, cats, goat, sheep......

It's great here, plenty of room to be a little self sufficient which is fantastic. I've made and squirreled away all of the jams, jellies and bottled fruit for the winter, and we are well on our way to being stocked up with plenty of wood for the fire.

The winter vegie garden is all go, so we are pretty much set. It has been a busy 4 months since we got here, and we are looking forward to good hearty fare and a warm fire for the next 4 months or so, time for a bit of a wind down period for all of us I think.

I hope you are all keeping well, thank you for the great pics, I have enjoyed looking at them
Old 04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back here, FK
D
Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
mergirl

Oooo!! Another classmate yay!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Welcome back, kermit!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey December 2008 how's it going over here? Your thread is still going after all this time, congratulations.

I was thinking our threads from '08 are still good, even if they might be slower now and I thought I see if anyone might want to try a combined 2008 thread too since we've all been at this for about the same amount of time going through many of the same things, good and bad. If anyone's interested, just started it up over here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ss-2008-a.html
Old 04-24-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Not sure if anyone's reading this anymore, but figured I'd post a funny Jameson pic Hope you're all doing fabulously!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What a cutie-pie!!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am always here! If you go to my profile, you can see where I post all of my shenanigans. I am sober, spend lots of time in AA, my job is cranking and I am loving life. I even love it when it sucks, when it hurts, when I fall on my face. I am indeed walking in the sunlight of the spirit.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey All !!!
Just poking my nose in the door to see if anyone is still in class! So cool that this thread is still going. Even more fantastic, is to see how well everyone is doing.

My last post was almost a year ago, ( it's been a doozy ) I've been up, over, down , but not out. Time to get back to work. I'm really liking what I see here. My computer time is kinda limited these days, I'll be able to talk more later. Thanks Classmates !!