Notices

Class of December 2008 - Pt. 5

Old 01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lisa~ WOW, that was so rude of her!!! Why on earth do people think it's okay to make those kind of comments? And you know, that has absolutely nothing to do with you, those are her issues coming out. Nevertheless I know it hurt you. I'm sorry you had such a bad night Sweetie.

It sucks the UnExbf subject makes you feel icky. If you thought he was a non issue but it still makes you feel this way, there has to be something bugging you. Like we always say, be gentle with yourself as you figure these things out Hon. I don't think we are too sensitive, I just think we still have unresolved issues when it comes to people in our Family that we need to deal with. But that will happen in its time. Yeah, you know I can totally feel you on the Daddy issues!

Progress? My Friend, like I've said many times, you are one of the people I always look and come to when I need real answers. You've made amazing progress and continue to do so everyday. I'm very proud of you.

I must say, my New Years was actually the best I've had in as long as I can remember. I was smiling all night, laughing, danced my tushy off AND even did Karaoke for the first time in my life. At midnight I did something new. My friend is from Venezuela and they have a tradition where you eat 12 grapes at midnight and make 12 wishes for the new year. After we put the grapes in the glasses and she was about to fill them with champagne I grabbed one that was yet to be filled with and asked her for some Sprite. She was like "OH Crap Suz, I think we are out!" I smiled and said "No Problem" Walked over to the fridge and I filled it with water =) It's not so much the fact that I did that, but that I had no desire to do otherwise that made me feel so amazing. I surprised myself with some of the things I wished for, but it just showed me what I truly want. This is the year I'm finally going to stop looking back and wishing I had done XY or Z....and DO IT!

I've been trying to come up with a mantra, something to tell myself every morning as I start my day. I think I found it on a little piece of flair on Facebook of all places. It simply says "Be Happy, Love Life". I'm ready.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mergirl

hug
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey Warren: I've used FitDay, I even paid the $20 and downloaded the program to my lap top so I could use it when I travel without internet.

Great program, I tend have to build my own database with the Custom feature.

Remember try to design your intake around: 40% Carbs / 30 Fat% / 30% Protein.

The pie chart feature will show you how you are doing.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mergirl

I have so much going on, I am a little manic these days with regards to my nutrition and work out schedule. Funny how crazy the pursuit of serenity can get. . .
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Happy New Year, I hope everyone has a fabulous 2010! A new decade!!

Warren, I've used this tracker too, you might want to play around with it, I've really liked it: MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

Baby's crying, I'll check in another time!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
mergirl

Good to hear you are well Warren. I am still super active on SR on the codie thread, and I guess I just feel like an attention ***** if I double post what is going on in my life

I think somewhere in sobriety I lost my mind. I walk in the Sunlight of the Spirit now, and am far to joyful for my own liking hahaha. Life is wonderful.

I was always pretty happy with my life, marriage, kids, etc before, but somehow I have been catapulted into a whole new plane of existence.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Which of Beethoven's sonatas are you working on? Tell me so I can listen to it and imagine you playing it. Beethoven rocks!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

"It's like a real peace and sometimes a surreal euphoria has replaced my anxieties..."

Drinkee Poo's will do that for you.....
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks anyway Gerry, but I'll take em this way now=)
Old 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey Warren. Good to see you checking in. I have been really busy trying to be a really cool condo in MidTown in Houston. It's good to have this to focus on.

I'm sure I have written that I started taking 800mg of SAM-e back in early November, and I'm telling you my whole outlook has changed.

The very fact that I'm allowing myself to buy house show leaps and bounds in my self-worth.

The CrossFit is going great. I even have my mother going with me.

Gypsy ... I'm still celibate and still happy.

C
Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha!! Well, I am celibate and happy, although I am pretty sure if the right fellow were to come along I'd be thrilled with just the happy part=)

good luck with the condo, does it have a spare room for visitors?!?!?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from everyone..

I tried taking SamE before Charles but never stuck with it long enough to form an opinion on the affects. So happy that you're getting some benefit, and I'd love to see pics of the condo!

Lisa, I'm so happy that YOU seem so happy

Warren you'll appreciate this.. Jameson has listened to a LOT of music, in utero and out. But his all time favorite (come to find out) is Piano Concerto 1 Larghetto (Chopin). He can seriously lay in his crib for an hour just listening to it on repeat.. if the song changes he fusses.. but while it plays he coos and goes crazy excited. Here's a short vid: User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting LOL!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Classical View Post
Wow, Jess!! Thank you for sharing that. That is such a gorgeous piece of music, isn't it? I get to hear Lang Lang perform the whole E minor Piano Concerto in March at Symphony Hall in Atlanta - that movement to which you refer is the middle movement between two very exciting movements.

Just avoid most Beethoven for now - too much drama for a baby - but explore Mozart, which is proven to be great for the brains of babies, young children and students, etc.

XO
Warren
He listened to lots of Mozart when I was pregnant via my mp3 player and flexible headphones (belly-phones? lol), and he LOVES it now. The Chopin peice was random, I have a collection of classical 'lullaby' type music and that was the one he started cooing and singing to, and only that one never any of the other ones. So interesting!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Not sure if this is allowed (posting this link) but here's a 'montage' of Jameson pictures, most all of them smiles.. he's finally smiling all the time, socially (takes around 6-8 weeks) over the past few weeks and they can be hard to catch!

photos.jamesonkatz.com

<3, Jess
Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Wow! He is adorable! I like his shirt 'center of mommy's universe' What a sweetie! (but you know that)
Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
mergirl

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Old 02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am missing you all tonight. Suz is MIA, I get to see frequent updates on jess and the baby. I am glad you are doing well warren. Charles, I need some more underwater world pictures to re-inspire me. I am facing some challenges right now, nothing super serious though. I find that I actually appreciate my recovery more when the sh!t hits the fan a bit. Lots of the time things are so darned good that I think I'm dreaming, not tonight though. Tonight I actual get to weigh my options, evaluate my problems and other fun life stuff.
ack, going to try and sleep
Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

First, let me apologize. I have been so wrapped up in buying and completely redoing a house that I have neglected many of the things I used to concentrate on - even people.

I'll get some pictures together soon.

Some details are: it's a 3-story loft in downtown Houston. It is one of those metal buildings called "Urban Lofts." Click HERE for Urban Lofts

I'm totally repainting everything: walls, ceilings, cabinets, getting granite countertops, new tile in both bathrooms, new carpet, extensive security, and so on.

Everything else is good in my life. Still happily sober with no issues in that area. All though I do have a funny story today.

As I was packing up certain cabinets, I came across an old flask I used to carry. I always loved it because it is engraved "Elmer." I always found it funny that the word Elmer was on a whiskey flask.

So as soon as I see the flask, it brings back good memories that make me smile. I shake it and of course it is full. I take the cap off and it is Jack Daniels. I'll never forget that sweet nauseating smell. I've smelled it in drinks since 1978, in my puke, on girl's breath, and so many other ways.

I couldn't get that god awful smell down the drain fast enough.

I'm keeping Elmer, but he will sit empty like a bad joke no one wants to tell anymore.

C
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hope everyone's doing well! We're doing great, Jameson is 3 and a half months old now, finally sleeping most of the night, babbling and smiling, and holding his head up all by himself. Here's a pic from last night before he fell alseep:

Old 03-12-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am here, I miss Suzi. You have my email I believe, and I have Jes's and Suzi's. The PMs here are tied to email anyhow. Charles, congratulations on the new place, can't wait to see pics. Right now the Universe is preparing me to enjoy free time, as I have none. The details are not very exciting on paper, but overall I am joyous and exhausted =)