Notices

Class of December 2008 - Pt. 5

Old 06-06-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I don't know if anyone checks in here much anymore.. just wanted to say hello We're doing really great over here. Jameson just turned 6 months old.. cannot believe it. 18 months of awesome sober living.. can't believe that either! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Here's a new pic of my lil son:

Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Love all the baby pictures.

You guys I have such huge news for you all.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I started the CrossFit thing with a dual goal of one day climbing Devils Tower up in Wyoming.

Well ...

Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Here's some more pics:

This was the view the morning of my climb:

This after climbing quite a ways up on not too technical, but looking up now where it gets really hard on the "Durrance" Route. You are looking at what is call the Leaning Column.

This Face should say it all. Look off in the distance and see how high up I am. I am probably at about 600 feet of the 800 feet total. Did I mention it is all straight up and down.

That face shows the fatigue, strain and fear.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I just love this rock. It is a magical and special place to me.

This is where I practiced on Day 1, I made the summit on Day 2:

Old 06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone's doing well. Happy Summer! It's been HOT here, 99 degress the day before yesterday. All's great here, just being a mommy and loving it!

Here's a new Jameson pic:

Old 06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
mergirl

that is just Sick Charles hahaha, not on my life!!

Jameson is beautiful as ever Jess

<3 Warren. I'd ask you how the "normie" drinking is going, but I am partially terrified that you will say how wonderful it is, and I simple have no "normal" in me.

I can't remember if she checked in here, but Suz checked in on the code thread and said all is well.

18 months in, and I still feel surreal. I live in a constant state of wonder and awe, bordering on confusion and chaos, but I am grateful for it all. I turned 44, and my daughter is 22, so we did special pictures to commemorate.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

took me a while to work out the half bit and the fingers - it's early
You both look great Lisa

D
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congrats, Warren! Can't wait to hear more about everything

All is well here at the Katz household. It's really hot here, breaking records all over the place. 102 the other day, supposed to be the same today. We usually have a few of these days but this is getting ridiculous!

Jameson is now almost 8 months old.. it's just crazy how time goes by, freaks me out really. I'm trying to cherish every single moment that I can, he's just so precious to me.

How is everyone? Anyone still checking in here?

Course here's a couple of Jameson pics:

Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
mergirl

I think I may be the only classmate on the forums daily, but I get to see your lil kidlet on fb. Otherwise I would be hounding you for pics!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey Gang, all is well for me. I might even be ready for dating again. Not only am I sober for like forever, I crossed the 2-year celibate anniversary too.

Love the baby pics. And Warren you are a star my friend. So glad to hear of your dreams coming true.

Lisa, the mom/daughter pic is too cool.

I'm doing well. Safe and secure.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
mergirl

Dating is. .. a trip, I try it now and again haha. I hope you find it as amusing as I do. My latest quest is a kid 8 years younger than me covered in tats and facial piercings. . .Meow

Great news Warren, cant wait to read/see it!

I blew my knees at work 2 weeks ago, and as I work for a big fat CORPORATION, they are denying me medical, meh. I have been off this week, no monies coming, buuuut

I dunno, I spend so much time tripping out on the warp and weft of life I'm not really worried yet. I have lots of applications out to teach again, and I will start applying to work with the old folks too. I miss being helpful, nurturing and making a difference. Besides, worrying never does me much good. . .
Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning friends.. I know very few (if any) of you check in here, but I figured I still would. I hope you're all doing well. Lisa, I hope your heart is healing and that you're taking care of yourself.

I'm doing great, family is pretty good. Jameson is almost 9 months old now and just started crawling everywhere. We're leaving tomorrow for a 9 day stay in Italy, Chianti/Tuscany to be exact. My sister in law is getting married out there, hopefully it stays drama free. Jason and I booked a ton of tours to fill up our days and make it 'our' trip outside of the wedding stuff. Kinda freaked out because the tours all originate out of Florence, which is about an hour drive from where we are staying (in a villa in the middle of nowhere, Tuscany), so we rented a car. But you can't drive INTO Florence, so we've had to figure out how to get to one of 3 free parking lots outside of the city, and then figure out the bus system to then get us into the city at each meeting place for the tours. We're doing a full day trip through Florence, a full day on the Italian Riviera fishing communities, Cinque Terre. Half day in Pisa, and a few other small side trips like a food market and dinner/concert night. We're not taking Jameson, and of course that really freaking me out too! He's staying w/ my parents who already babysit him a ton (when I'm at work, and every other Saturday night). I'm going to miss him like crazy.. he's my little best friend.

Here's a couple of new pics:

Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
mergirl

thanks jes, hes adorable

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ys-option.html

catch the rest of the class up.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi all! Life is beautiful here, I hope you're all doing well if you're reading this.
Yesterday was Halloween (of course), Jameson is now 11 months old, I cannot believe it. He dressed up as a tiger.. rawr!!

Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What a cute little tiger he is!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very cute J

D
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates~ I've been thinking about all of you and this place a lot lately. Just wanted to stop by and say Hello. It's been an incredibly difficult year for me, but I've remained sober through it all.

Hope all of you are doing well~ XOXO

Suzi
Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Suzi - sorry things have been rough

D
Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning all (anyone?)!

I hope you're well and enjoying the holiday season. It's my absolute favorite time of year.. the chill, the Christmas music, the dark, crisp evenings, comfort food, even the cheesy holiday decorations everywhere. I just love it!

Jameson turned a year old on 11/30, he is an absolutely amazing little creature. His personality is growing more and more, and it's just a mind blowing experience watching him blossom into the sweet little boy he is.

I hope you're all doing fabulously.. My 2 year is coming up on the 18th, I'm proud of it, but anymore it really just feels like a way of life for me.. no parades or celebrations, my celebrations come in little moments every single day with my son, my family, my husband.

Wishing you all a very safe, happy and cheery holiday season, and New Year!!!

Of course I can't leave without posting a Jameson picture or two

Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

He is gorgeous... but then, you knew that, didn't you?