Notices

Living In Sobriety Pt 27

Old 11-28-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm finally home!

The trip to the inlaws went really well. The bro and sis in laws were on their best behavior!

The time with my grandpa and his wife was priceless. We played cards until midnight last night! They are a lot of fun. He is 91 and still kicked our butts at spades! It was a great time. It is always hard to leave him as he was my father figure the first 7 years of my life. I sure love and appreciate him.

We went by my Mom's house on the way home for hubby to fix her vacuum cleaner. It was not fixable so sweet hubby went to Walmart and bought her a new one. I don't know how I got so lucky to find that man!

My wrist is still hurting and I am grateful that the surgery will fix it in a couple of weeks.

And............I MISSED YALL!! :ghug3
Old 11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Tan! Glad you had fun!

I can't read your avi...it's kind of blurry (comes with being an old neon coot, I guess...)

"Santa called me a hog 3 times....
or
Santa called me a hoo 3 times
or
Santa called me a hoe 3 times

Huh?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

welc back noho

gramps sounds like a hoot!

woops, coot!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

have a blessed day LIS

off to the flea market
Old 11-29-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lol lis its Hoe hoe hoe!!

He called me that too 3 times tan ......and its SO NOT TRUE!!! I have a resentment now!

MORNING!! ITS LASHING HERE AND ICY COLD.....but hey im fu#'ing grateful!!

Bee I was also happy to hear you were there for that girl x

Rowan kick that fear in the butt!! It stopped us doing so much in our lives that we were more than capable off. I was talking about sam thing regarding service into area. Its good to go into these situations knowiing today we can say.."Im new to this can you help me out" I like to ask questiona and for help today it relieves me from the "know all" bondage and keeps me ignorant!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Good meeting tonight. Small. Only six of us. Talked about our Higher Power. I also shared on fear because I've been scared of the unknown with this new job. Isn't it funny? I put so much into getting this job, now I have it and I'm scared of all that it entails, and the training that's involved. I will try to stay in today, and to have faith in George that he'll be with me through it all. Good night folks - going to watch a movie or something and then go to sleep.
Ro, when I got this new job, I was so petrified that I wouldn't be able to do what I was hired for, I remember praying every single day on my way there for God to please help me and show me how to do it. It may sound silly but that praying really got me through. Our disease tells us we are no good and can't do it but then if we really listen our HP tells us, I brought you to it, I will not abandon you, I know you can do it, I believe in you so you believe in you. Each one of us has been at one point so scared that we would not succeed but we have gotten through it.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

He called me that too 3 times tan ......and its SO NOT TRUE!!! I have a resentment now!
He called me that too and It WAS true,

but hey im fu#'ing grateful!!

Its a beautiful sunny day here, Not too cold either.

The cough has subsided a bit, last night the congestion in my chest broke up a bit. Thank you God. I am going to take it easy today again, thank God I have today off. It was really good to have these 4 days off to just pretty much rest. I slept pretty late for me woke up at 7 oclock, never sleep that late usually up at 4:30 or 5.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I just got an email from my cousin asking me if I would like to join her and a few other cousins along with my younger sister for dinner. I haven't seen my sister in over 10 years, but I believe this is my HP in work. I told her I would love to and let me know when they decide.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

.."Im new to this can you help me out" I like to ask questiona and for help today it relieves me from the "know all" bondage and keeps me ignorant!
I really should start looking over my posts!! this should say.....

.."Im new to this can you help me out" I like to ask questions and ask for help today.... it relieves me from the "know all" bondage THAT keeps me ignorant!

my younger sister for dinner. I haven't seen my sister in over 10 years, but I believe this is my HP in work. I told her I would love to and let me know when they decide.

wow Im following this story!! Its so close to the bone for me!!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I can't figure out why my Ho avi is blurry. I don't think it was blurry last year. Anyway...glad to have the ho back!!

TanHO
Old 11-29-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I have alot going through my head about seeing my sister after so many years. I started thinking, wow how my life has changed since we last spoke. My impending divorce, my relapse, the problems I have today and that I was feeling ashamed of my life today.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

No I have to take that back, I am not ashamed of my life today, today I am proud of what I am starting to achieve and how I am finally standing on my own two feet. I was going to edit my previous post but I need to read how my disease is trying to make me feel.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Duh, the eejit is up....I get it now (says bashfully and with humility...) Good thing I asked for assistance, huh Nel? LOL! But now I feel more than stupid...oh well, I was getting cocky after the compliments about my writing, so I needed it, I guess!

Glad you are feeling better Bee. WHOA, about your sister. Think about Ro and her daughter, you and your sister, Nel and her family....

.................."What if God was one of us".....(humming.....)

This is going to be very interesting!

Nel, I have now accepted that my fingers always type becasue, rather than because. It's not that I don't know how to spell, I'm just too lazy to fix it! And now it has become a part of me.....one of my endearing flaws???!!!

Elroy, I gotta say, you must have some collection of fleas by now......

Slept for 11 hours last night! I'm in a bit of a fog.......
Old 11-29-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Bee you will wallk in singing.......Independent Woman Destiny's Child

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Nel, I have now accepted that my fingers always type becasue, rather than because. It's not that I don't know how to spell, I'm just too lazy to fix it! And now it has become a part of me.....one of my endearing flaws???!!!
identify with that Lis. sometimes my brain goes faster than the fingers. I read back and think ...."what the hell was that sh!te"!!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I have alot going through my head about seeing my sister after so many years. I started thinking, wow how my life has changed since we last spoke. My impending divorce, my relapse, the problems I have today and that I was feeling ashamed of my life today

No I have to take that back, I am not ashamed of my life today, today I am proud of what I am starting to achieve and how I am finally standing on my own two feet. I was going to edit my previous post but I need to read how my disease is trying to make me feel.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Elroy, I gotta say, you must have some collection of fleas by now......
that's a good one Lis
Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I know, I was poised to hit reply too, and then saw the 2nd post!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

try to pay attention to all the peeps HP shoves into your lives today
hmmm
Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
hmmm

meaning mrs?????