Notices

Living In Sobriety Pt 27

Old 11-28-2009, 02:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Morning LIS peeps

The fruitbowl was a gift from Mattcake because it had an Orange in it for Louis becoming Orange and being the New Chat Monitor. I just took it a step further and personalized it. Started with just putting Louis name on the Orange but of course, got carried away.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Bee
I put you in a "Drive by position" near me

Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Its very windy and cold here this morning.
Have my HG this morning and really looking forward to going.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just doing a quick check in, I am fine, just taking a break from SR and the internet. I hope everyone is well.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good LORD! 6 PAGES to read and a new part! Sorry to have missed the fun last night, I LOVE those nights here when everyone is bantering. ****Sigh***, but I did have guests, soooooooooo

LOUIS!!!!!!! Congrats! I noticed right away! I'm thinkin' you were kind of low yesterday and are changing jobs, etc and ****poof*****, just when you needed a poke to remind you how special and valuable you are to others, you are made ORANGE!!!!! Well done. Your HP's got you sussed! (Did you notice the lingo, Nel???)

Bee: GO TO BED NOW! See, I can be pushy when it's warranted! I'm not just another pretty neon face, ya' know!

We had a blast last night...up too late for this old coot though! I didn't once think I was missing something, in fact, had a wonderful time. Finally, at midnite, a group left to go out to a wine bar and I was so grateful that I was not going to be feeling hungover this morning! Thank God I still feel like it is poison to me. I don't even want to smell it. It makes me recoil! I feel so shielded by my HP...it's amazing!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

shielded and grateful!! it did smell so orange, missing it .....now valueable !!

Right Lis thats made SOME sense of your highlighted words!! lol.

Meeting was so good this morning. We talked a lot about service and giving back. I went for coffee with hubby and another guy who is 30 years sober and in strong service. I love hearing and learning new stuff. He tought me a lot, hopefully some day I can pass that on also.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I was asked to lead todays meeting, I wanted to say no because I have hardly no voice but knew my HP had different plans so I did it. A friend asked me to SPEAK UP (he was only joking). Funny because my voice was sooo low everyone spoke kinda softly, it was nice. Today was celebration Saturday. 1- 1 year, 1- 8 yrs, 1- 21 yrs, 1- 22 years & 1 - 25 years. WOW. There was a girl there I know, she has been trying to get this program since I walked through the doors in Sept, she told me she has 18 days and asked if she can call me. She told me that this time out she tried to kill herself while she was drunk and her daughter found her. This disease so wants us dead, I hope I never forget that.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Nel, I am a confused eejit (is that a duplication?)...did my bolds make sense, or not make sense....I think what you were saying is that the "gist" of my post was gratitude, Louis' value, me feeling shielded...but I'm not sure....
Old 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi folks it's been a full day so far - time with my shrink, time with friend, time with daughter. Having some quiet time now and anticipate going to a BB meeting tonight. At present I have two dogs and one cat on the bed with me - it's nice. It's grey and cold-ish out today so it's nice to be inside and warm.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just checking in, been laying in bed watching some tv and dozing. My throat is not doing well, so just made a cup of tea and came here. Heading back to bed.

Decided I am not going to decorate this weekend I will wait until I get the epidural and maybe if there is no pain in my leg then I will do it. Hopefully the Insurance Co will approve this epidural, its all up to them right now.

I am as tired of being sick as I'm sure you all are of hearing it. Good thing I can't see faces when I post and you read these.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Nel, I am a confused eejit (is that a duplication?)...did my bolds make sense, or not make sense....I think what you were saying is that the "gist" of my post was gratitude, Louis' value, me feeling shielded...but I'm not sure....
hee hee Lis I have you thinking but you do well !!!! and my post that is in bods is JUST what it is.....all about love.

meeting this morning talked a lot about the feeling of love that comes from helping another.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Its snowing here!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

your avi is very cool BEE!!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Wow! You got snow before me, Nelcs!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Nel, its my signature, "she believed she could so she did" I made it.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

well the snow has stopped and now back to good old rain....oh how I love that rain

I am going to bed. Have to. worn out. talked out and very very tired.

Wonder why ?????.....
Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm tired too only I didn't talk at all

Watching Santa Clause the movie with Tim Allen
Old 11-28-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

And then there were three!

Night all!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good meeting tonight. Small. Only six of us. Talked about our Higher Power. I also shared on fear because I've been scared of the unknown with this new job. Isn't it funny? I put so much into getting this job, now I have it and I'm scared of all that it entails, and the training that's involved. I will try to stay in today, and to have faith in George that he'll be with me through it all. Good night folks - going to watch a movie or something and then go to sleep.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

HoS
I'm not just another pretty neon face, ya' know!

your an old coot too!

Bee, happy to hear you were there for that girl...

and yeah, the sick bit is getting stale!

hack'n has stoped, just the runny nose things still happening...

now, nanzilla's got it in the oven!

she's a mess!