Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 8

Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Tan's gratitude list for today:

Being at home!

Father in law is feeling better.

Going on a cruise in October with AA friends.

A/C

Allie, my sometimes loyal pooch

my Wonderful hubby

AA and the 12 steps that have restored me to sanity

2 1/2 years of continuous sobriety

God's grace

my bathtub

SR friends

I could go on for a LONG time. I am grateful. My sponsor says that a grateful alcoholic never gets drunk! I like that.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Tan your sponsor is a wise one. I also chant that every day. Where are you going on the cruise?? I went on a cruise in may. Great to hear about your father in law;

Bee your light is on.....I am getting water in my eyes!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Tanya, I like your gratitude list. I am very grateful to all of you peeps.

Heading out to a meeting, see ya when I get back.

Tanya, glad your father in law is doing better.

And yes A grateful alcoholic will NOT drink!!

I will not drink today, No Matter What Happens!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

We are going on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. We have never been on a cruise so it should be fun. And now I can go to Mexico without anyone having to worry about me hitting he doctor's and pharmacies! :bounce:
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

thats freedom tan, with a capital F.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Morning all my bestest buddies! I'm SOOOOOOO glad to see (read, LOL) you, Ro and Nel's Bells. It's just not the same without you!

So yesterday I went to a meeting I LOVe and I don't know why, but AA is changing for me. Ever since I got my new sponsor, I feel as if I am on the inside of AA, not on the outside looking in. I can't really explain it, becasue I don't understand it myself, but it feels good and right and I, too, am VERY, VERY grateful. I feel a new calmness...a new acceptance...that whatever happens, it is happening for a reason. It's like I'm in a rushing river and instaed of fighting to stay afloat, or determine my direction, or think about what's happening, I'm just relaxing and going with the current. Again, I can't explain it very well.

Today is appointment day for me....my physical, my mammo, my colonoscopy (well, I've put that on off a little . When I was active, for YEARS I would be petrified of my physical. I'd schedule it and tell myself that I had 5 weeks to stop drinking...which of course I didn't...so then I would REschedule my appt and make the same promise, which I wouldn't keep and REschedule AGAIN.

All out of fear.

What a gift, that this am, I could say to the receptionist...well whatever time/date works for you is fine with me....

Yep...VERY GRATEFUL here, too. And for my family and for the entirety of my life. I am so blessed, I'm bursting....
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Hi Tanya, I like your gratitude list. I am very grateful to all of you peeps.

Heading out to a meeting, see ya when I get back.

Tanya, glad your father in law is doing better.

And yes A grateful alcoholic will NOT drink!!

I will not drink today, No Matter What Happens!!!!

See ya later BEE. Im off to the hospital to visit a sick alcoholic.
There is no reason for me to drink today either!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hiya Liz, I know what you mean about having 2 feet in AA instead of one foot in and one foot out. Half measure availed us nothing!! Your sponsor is obviously carrying a good message.
Good luck with all those appointments.Aint it nice to be grown up and responsible ....Just made a few of those myself recently. Hate them still but its best to face the fear and do all this stuff. And the freedom and feeling of well being that comes after you do it..... is great.
see you all later
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

It is really nice to see Nelco and Ro back here!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Smooch, Stoney!:ghug2
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
I don't know why, but AA is changing for me. Ever since I got my new sponsor, I feel as if I am on the inside of AA, not on the outside looking in. I can't really explain it, becasue I don't understand it myself, but it feels good and right and I, too, am VERY, VERY grateful. I feel a new calmness...a new acceptance...that whatever happens, it is happening for a reason. It's like I'm in a rushing river and instaed of fighting to stay afloat, or determine my direction, or think about what's happening, I'm just relaxing and going with the current. Again, I can't explain it very well.

You just described what has happened to me over the last 7 weeks!

After I last drank, I got a new sponsor (who is great) and started the steps again....I sort of started AA and recovery again. For the first time I feel fully part of AA, not on the periphery.

I have a new calmness too, going with some kind of flow....a flow that I know is going in the right general direction.

Something just clicked and I am so grateful for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hos.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Something just clicked and I am so grateful for it.
Me too!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Tan
Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Well then, isn't life just DANDY!

I'm walking around with a secret smile, cuz whatever happens, that's what SUPPOSED to happen (I'm into the Eastern stuff too which certainly backs this up). If I do the best I can (personal responsibility) and then just let go, I know that everything will take it's course. So even if something happens that I don't like, agree with or whatever, if I accept that it's happening for a REASON, how can I fight it? There's nothing to fight! Because it's SUPPOSED to happen that way. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a play, where I am part of the cast. I don't know the plot and I certainly don't know the ending, but I DO know that there is a grand scheme, in which I am just a participant. Again, my responsibility is to play ATTENTION to the lessons that are presented to me and to ACT in accordance with my purest spirit. After that, it's totally out of my control.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got back from meeting, I brought up the topic of A Gratitude List, ha ha, they should know that we have been discussing it on line all morning.

HOS & Stoney, both of you bring smiles to my face that you finally feel like you are inside AA. I too this time around have fully embraced AA, it was always there for the taking, I just wasn't ready to grab onto it. I am so grateful I was given this chance to be a part of it and I am fully grabbing on this time. Today I realized that I was never promised forever, just today, and I choose to make the best of this day. Thank you, all of you, for being part of my today.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I have been very tired and depressed today so I just forced myself to go for a walk, it was a good idea. Feeling slightly better for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

At my meeting we had 5 minutes left and some guy raised his hand and shared that he was hung over from drinking all weekend. He said that he still hadn't reached the point that his life was unmanageable but he did notice that since he first got sober 2-1/2 years ago he is drinking more than when he first came in. Let me tell you, I was so grateful that I was not in the state of mind he was in. It has been such a relief that I no longer have to feel that way, hung over. No matter how bad my day is, it is no where even close to how I was back 10 months ago, wishing I would just die because I couldn't stop using.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm glad you forced yourself to walk Stone, I have to force myself to do things too, but I feel so much better after I do them. Good for you.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hello!!!!

I will be heading back out to meet my sponsor in a few. Hope everyone is doing good. See you all later.