Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 7

Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Had a good day today, did stuff, felt mellow and sane. Bedtime now.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi everyone

I met my sponsee and we went to a meeting together. Good meeting step 5. When I was at the meeting another girl who I am helping texted me to tell me she drank . She lives in another town. I went out to the loo and text her back and asked her was she still drinking, she said yeh!! went back to the meeting, said a little prayer and listened. Rang her after meeting....she is drunk and saying she wants to die etc etc. then she cuts off and wont answer phone. I texted her and said "go to bed and if you still want help text me in the morning and I wil meet you. she texted.....ok!! No point talking to her drunk but this one worries me......she really is on deaths door. She seems to have a death wish. I told her if she continues to smoke hash she will eventually drink.......she smoked anyway....
I need to ask my Hp for guidance here.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got in from meeting, cooked dinner, ate, cleaned up and now have to run to Target with my daughter, be back soon, hopefully someone will still be up, otherwise, have a good night folks, see ya in the morn.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh by the way Nel, its so sad when you want someone with every fiber of your body to just get it and they can't. Pray for her, that's all you can do.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Yes Bee thats all I can do. You know all I have is my own experience to offer her and that is recovery through AA. It works for me.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I better get to bed to movie land in my dreams..........night everyone xx
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say sorry, I'll post again when I am "living in sobriety." i dunno, I dunno what to do, i just can't get it, I dunno why. It's perthetic, I know that, you can give me all the **** you like, I know it's true. The saddest thing is, I read here on this thread "I loved drink more than my daughter" and that really hit home to me. I do stuff....I love my girls.....but do I love alcohol more? I guess I do and I can't live with that... it's just to sad.. I don't want to be that person...anyway yeah I can't really type here no more since I am not in sobriety
Old 07-20-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sax it took me 15 years to 'get it'. I just kept trying.
In the end I made it - but I had to actually do *something* to get there.
It took me a long time to get that too LOL

There's always another option beside the drink, Sax
I hope you never stop trying - and I hope you find your something soon.

D
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I will never stop trying Dee.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you never stop trying, too, Sax. You are special to me and I don't want to lose you as a friend. I know you can figure this out and kick this thing's butt once and for all.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you can figure this out and kick this thing's butt once and for all.
yee hah!

D
Old 07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Sax if what you have been doing isn't working, maybe its time to try "something" else. I know you don't go to AA, but that is the program I choose and it has kept me sober for 10 months now. I hope you get it, I don't want to see it get you.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just got home. The speaker was really good and what he said really made sense to me. He talked about how hopeless he felt when he was drinking and how he now has hope and a sense of purpose. Well, obviously he now has hope and purpose, but he just put it so well. It was a joy to hear him. This guy's bottom was pretty low, so if he can fight his way out of his own hell, I guess I can too.

Saw a couple friends there. One of them I may ask to be my sponsor, temporary if nothing else. (it may be only temporary cause she's got little kids and a very busy life) At any rate, it's something to look forward to.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

do it S - just ask. If she can't help she may have ideas on who can

D
Old 07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have her number so I could ask her on the phone.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I agree with Dee, that's what this program is all about, giving back what is so freely given to us. Be positive Least, just ask. Most of us have been to that hell and we have fought so desperately to climb out of that hell, that's why they say if your heart is full of gratitude you won't pick up that drink. When drinking we could find no gratitude and it was always poor me, poor little old me, everyone is doing this, that and the other thing to me, so what happens, poor me, pour me a drink, I'll show them. We drank AT people, not with them.
Heading to bed for the night, see ya in the morning.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Least, I'm glad the meeting tonight was a positive experience for you. Thanks for coming back and sharing that positivity here - I love hearing that stuff.

And Sax - you have as much right to be here as anybody else. As suggested, you may wish to 'try' something else if what you have been doing isn't working? It's kind of like me and my meds - I've tried nearly every antidepressant out there - and eventually they all stop working. So - rather than living in misery, I am open to another diagnosis, and will try a different class of med.

Most important, get connected and stay connected with other alcoholics. We understand. When you sober up, talk it out here and lets see what happened, okay?

Rode my bike to a meeting - both ways - great exercise but I swallowed a bug on my way home and nearly ditched it. I wouldn't be me if I didn't have some sort of mishap.

Talk to y'all tomorrow. Gonna play a couple of games then hit the rack.

xoxo
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Least, I'm glad the meeting tonight was a positive experience for you. Thanks for coming back and sharing that positivity here - I love hearing that stuff.

And Sax - you have as much right to be here as anybody else. As suggested, you may wish to 'try' something else if what you have been doing isn't working?

Yep, Least.

And yep Sax, you can post where you like. Never give up.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

It's now 4:15 and I am still up, been playing games for 2 hrs because can't sleep. , Beware of the today!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Morning Stoney, going to get a cup of coffee. Yep I'm still up