Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 7

Old 07-24-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Ouch.

Believe, sh!t happens. Susan is well aware of the fact that she has an addiction to alcohol. She's an intelligent woman and I know she'll keep reaching out.

Just because you are "there" and don't understand why someone else doesn't "get it" like you do doesn't mean you should take someone else's inventory and lecture. It is not helpful.

I do the Bam Program. It consists of SR, therapy, meds, and photography. I had to go through a really bad relapse to "get it". My only two options at the time were suicide or drink. I decided to live and drink. That time was absolute hell and I don't ever want to go back.

And, by the way, Susan is not powerless. No one is. We all make decisions about the things we do have control over.

Susan, I believe in you. You have my support and you know it.
Io this is one of the posts I was referring to when I said "popped in" . Please dont blame Bee on the comment as it was me. I stand by it too and I did not find her input helpful....as bam is never on LIS, so I thought it might have been a better idea had she PMed BEE ....
I agree with you there are vibes here now though, but please dont feel you have to leave. "This too shall pass" ...and people should be able to agree to disagree.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

Yup - lets get back on track, folks.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Rowan. I am a rascal fan now, but I dont fancy him lol

Where are you Stone??
Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  

I know he ain't much to look at, Nelco, but he sure knows how to sing, and his voice makes me feel good.

Tonight I take my new crazy meds for the first time. I hope my head doesn't pop off or anything.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Yes I played him real loud in the car, all the time thinking Rowan is playing this in her car in Canada lol. I hope those meds work for you Rowan, are you nervous about them. You prob have to be on them for a while to feel the effects do you??
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post

I understand some who disagree with my previous post but I still stick by it. If my experience strength and hope is asked for and I give it HONESTLY and you don't wish to accept it, then that is on you. I will only offer MY EXPERIENCE, not MY OPINIONS to help another in recovery. There are many here on SR who help me on my journey in sobriety and there are many who hinder or attempt to hinder my sobriety. I take what I need and leave the rest. I would hope that some would do the same thing, Take what you need and leave the rest.
I don't see how you can stick by a post where you go on about Least doing the "Susan program" when it has since become apparent that Least is doing the steps with a sponsor....

I also assumed she was doing them by herself but when Least pointed out she WAS doing them with a sponsor I told her to forget what I had said cos I was mistaken.

Also, who on earth is attempting to hinder your sobriety?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Jeez are we back here again?? .....I dont think Bee is here stone. actually I fear she may not be back
Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  

So. Anyway ..
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
Jeez are we back here again?? .....I dont think Bee is here stone. actually I fear she may not be back

Why?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Why?
Not for me to say Stone. I am just voicing my concern.

How are you?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hi! I'm living in sobriety!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Hi! I'm living in sobriety!

A breath of fresh air!! hiya suki, so am I
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  

Not for me to say Stone. I am just voicing my concern.
I am concerned too, I hope she comes back.

Donna, I still love ya even if I do disagree with you sometimes!

How are you?
I am fine but tired, going to bed now.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  

Hi Suki!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 535 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey, Stoney!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 536 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Boy you people sure know how to do alot of posting while I'm away at meetings

I am living in sobriety here and I do understand that we are all different and have our own opinions, and I am entitled to mine also. I was asked to please help in someone's recovery and that is exactly what I did, I'm sorry if honesty is not the best policy here, but it is what it is. Maybe those who my honesty bothers shouldn't ask for it, I know that everyone who posts to me, whether I like it or not, I stop and think about it and usually they are right because they can see what I cannot. So enough said on this matter, this thread was started so we could be positive and honest about living in sobriety and I plan on posting to that effect. I will not offer those who I know don't want my help any more help. I truly wish everyone posting here a life in sobriety.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 537 (permalink)  
Administrator

Okay, guys, I have to jump in here.

There are many posts here that should have been kept to PM and not put on the boards.

Please read our rule:

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 538 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Bee, How was the meeting??
Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 539 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel my meeting was really good, I pm'd you about it. I'm just hanging out with my daughter right now, my son went to PA again for the weekend, at least this weekend will not be filled with the fear I had the last one.

At the meeting there is this newcomer Scott, he has 56days in the program, he took on the greeting committment with me on Saturday mornings at my HG, he is such a cutie, he shared with me last week that he had a wedding on Sat night and was a little worried as it was a good friend of his and they all drank like fish, I suggested that he raise his hand and share that and the group would give him suggestions. I also told him about when I went to the wedding on New Years Eve that I kept my cell phone on me and used it to text friends in the program and they texted me all night long.

Well tonight he said he used his cell phone at the wedding and all program people kept texting him all night. He said he didn't drink and he was so grateful when he saw the pictures that he remembered them being taken lol.

It was a good meeting, its a beginners meeting and we use a checklist. Tonights topic ended up being change, how one changes in the program.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 540 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2308146