Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 7

Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco
She is one of them blunt...just get on with it... members.
I have never met one of them.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I have never met one of them.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Back from meeting with my sponsor, went real nice. I realized this morning that the reason we get along is because she is like my best friend.

Last night my daughter told me about a friend of mine whose daughter was in a fire over the weekend. 30 kids celebrating someone's 21st birthday, they woke up to house on fire, 9 had to jump from 2nd floor window, they all survived, thank God. My girlfriends daughter jumped and broke her vertebra, she is in hospital right now. Spoke to her dad last night, they are so thankful she is alive. I watched the local news this morning and my God, this house burnt down to the ground. My daughter said, mom it is a miracle they all survived, they had been drinking all night and you know when you go to sleep drunk you don't hear anything, how they woke up is a real miracle." Yes it was honey, yes it was.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi folks. Work is going okay. I still feel weird though. Talked to my crisis worker and she said 'give it time' - hunh. I'll see her Thursday, and the pdoc. I'm tired and I'm lonely.

But I'll try to be grateful, by golly.

I'm grateful I have a job - yes, I am. Grateful to be sober and healthy.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I'm tired and I'm lonely.
jeez rowan dont get angry or hungry

Im tired and hungry so I am just about to eat. Running on autopilot here.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

horror story about the fire BEE, I often fell asleep on the sofa with a fag in my hand and son could not wake me, sometimes I think of me in those days and say...who was she??
I cannot relate!! police station for drunk driving...putting my son's life in danger!! My God who was that?? This is why I go to meetings still........I really at times find it hard to comprehend that I would do such a thing, my life and thinking have changed so much. BUT one drink and out she pops!!!! Meetings remind me of what I can be like with a drink in me. I do not want to forget my past. often hear people say in the rooms "I know where the next drink will take me" I must admitt I have no clue where my next drink will take me........never did.

So nice you have a good relationship with sponsor Bee,
Old 07-20-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro, sorry you are feeling the way you do, but I see you are still grateful. That's a good thing. And don't be lonely, you have friends, maybe call someone who you have never spoken to before that's in the program, maybe they are really lonely and would love to hear anothers voice.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks folks. I already connected with one gal today - that was via email. I'll connect in person tonight. There isn't a lot of privacy here at the office so I don't want to phone anyone atm. I'll be just fine. I'm going to be Polly Positive.

Nelco it's hard to believe how far down we go when in active addiction, isn't it? I, too, used to drive under the influence - and look at where I work!

I am so glad that I don't have the added drama and chaos of drinking in my life today - oh the guilt, shame and remorse! Who needs it?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Sure is Rowan. I hope you get to rest some this evening after work. I am going to a step meeting after I meet up with a member, Better get skates on.. Thank you all for helping me look at myself!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Love you all..chasing my tail today...just figured I'd get a jump on all the posts that I know will be here when we return!

SSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Peeps... :ghug2:

Prayers for your friends daughter, Donna! Poor baby...grateful those girls made it out

alive..wow. Talk about a traumatic event.

Sis))))))

Thinking of you as you go through this day 'acting as if'..."Polly Positive"....

I am proud of you.

Nelcs Thanks for giving those firework head thingies. They do give me

a little perk, you know! A nice suprise when I am able to get back "on" here....

Same back to you, dear.

Stoney..

I amso proud of you..ahh, you know what I think..I've said it. But have a friend who is in

a situation...lives with drinkers, and also struggles at times the compulsion..

or, the mental crap returning. She throws herself into service work. Simple things,

she bakes cookies and takes them to a meeting. She gives her number to a member

with one day and offers to talk. She helps out at the meetings in any way she can..

and has stayed sober now for 11 months, against all odds.

Just a thought, babes. No guilt trip intended in any way..but I don't know if she would

have "made it" this far without the outlet of getting out of herself and into action in

addition to her step work. Is this feasible for you?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
but I don't know if she would

have "made it" this far without the outlet of getting out of herself and into action in

addition to her step work. Is this feasible for you?

It certainly sounds like a good idea. Right now, getting to meetings (public transport, taking 4-5 hours out of my day) and doing stuff around the house (lots to do, things are a mess) is taking enough of my time and some days I am just not physically capable of much due to the headaches (so bad I have to lie down for a few hours on the days I have them).
One thing I really want to do is start exercising again but the headaches are holding me back there....just to re-emphasise these are not normal headaches, I have had those, these are totally debilitating. My last Doctor didn't want to know, I have a new one now and it is time to really deal with the problem. I haven't mentioned the headaches for a while but I have had them a lot.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you got a new doc, Stone. I agree that it's time to find out why you are having these headaches, so you can find out how to treat them.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi all, back from meeting. Going to look for some jobs on Craigs List, be back later.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I'm so glad you got a new doc, Stone. I agree that it's time to find out why you are having these headaches, so you can find out how to treat them.
I nearly murdered the last Doctor who wouldn't take me seriously and treated me like a hypochondriac or something about them...then I got so demoralised by it I just let it go. I let go trying to find out about them I mean, not I let go the murdering. I didn't murder him though.

Meanwhile, I tend to get the headaches in the afternoon so I am gonna start some mild exercising in the mornings, who knows it might even help with the headaches.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Donna.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I understand, Stoney. Weird..my friend has debilitating migraines..too. Mostly, hers

are from stress though. She takes meds for them..

I hope your doc can help you out with these..and find out the cause.

Hey Donna

Sis
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Bad headaches are not imaginary! Sheeesh.

I suffered from migraines in my twenties..nothing to sniff at. Had to take shots for them.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Bad headaches are not imaginary! Sheeesh.

I suffered from migraines in my twenties..nothing to sniff at. Had to take shots for them.
Yea, bad headaches are nasty, I get them most days and it is a real drag.