Notices

Serious Part 7

Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I'm really glad you see that Stoney. This disease loves to play games with our minds..
U betcha

I think I need to start my own thread but I know it wont have the same following.......
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

:ghug
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
U betcha

I think I need to start my own thread but I know it wont have the same following.......
Why not?? Your important too!!

morning stone!! :ghug3I hope you are good. One of my sponsees got caught for drink driving !! She only was a few weeks sober, and I knew she was not taking things seriously........maybe she will now., but who knows. This disease kills and she is blessed she is alive. So is everyone else on the street!!
Today I am grateful I can remember yesterday......grateful I did not make any stupid phone calls last night........grateful I am not having a love affair with the toilet bowl...........grateful I can hold my head up and know if someone does not say hello to me its THEIR stuff, instead of something I did and cannot remember.............grateful I can eat a meal.........grateful my skin is not all dehydrated......grateful my husband is not giving me those looks........grateful I am not begging my son for squeezy hugs, cause I'm desperately lonely and feel empty........grateful I have choices to take responsibility for my own crap... take an action and do something about it........Grateful I'm going to walk my husky dog soon along a river...........grateful I am going to get my hair done today! grateful one of my sponsees text today to say she is in great form and missed me while I was away, grateful I am going to my home group tonight.....Grateful for AA, because without its programme none of this would be happening......How bout you??????
Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

oh one more thing!! the biggest thing of all. Grateful my son got his college degree!!!! I am sooooooooooo relieved!!!! None of this would happen if I were drinking!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I am grateful I can stand up without nearly collapsing, grateful I am not in ridiculous amounts of pain, grateful I am not as depressed as I would be if I had drank-depressed doesn't cover how I would be feeling if I had drank, I would be in my own hell.
Grateful sanity is with me today regarding alcohol, grateful I will be sober today.

Mornin Nelco!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
oh one more thing!! the biggest thing of all. Grateful my son got his college degree!!!! I am sooooooooooo relieved!!!! None of this would happen if I were drinking!!!
That's cool! What degree did he do?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

horticultural degree ....you know landscaping etc. he is woking part time in a large garden centre on weekends.

Nice to hear your gratitude!!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I got a degree in Psychology, how ironic!

I wish I had done something useful like horticulture.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Wow did I open a gratitude thread this morning? It was a nice way to wake up and see so much gratitude so thanks Nel & Stone.
Good morning everyone.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Also...grateful I can think straight, I don't feel like I am going insane, no anxiety or paranoia, grateful I was able to share without forgetting what I was talking about last night, I actually made the points I meant to in a fairly lucid fashion, that is a first.
Grateful for my sweetie, my mum, my friends and my cat.
Grateful I will make it to the appointment for the blood test tomorrow cos I am sober today. Grateful I can do stuff today.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Mornin Donna, I just added more gratitude, lol!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I like what I see here. I don't have alot of good things going on right now but I am very grateful that I am sober.
Well I had other stuff typed and I don't know what happened but its gone now!!!!!
I need a job, I am feeling like I don't qualify for anything. It's funny how I just have to look for something to moan about. I'm just gonna go with the flow today and just let it happen.
Stoney, any meetings on your agenda today? I know the blood test is tomorrow!
The girlfriends here again!!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

No meeting today.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I got a degree in Psychology, how ironic!
You little brain box you!!! Not a gobshite at all!!

YOU HAVE A SWEETIE!!!! kept that very quiet!! I thought you had only daisey for snuggles lol
Old 06-10-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yeah I saw that too Nel but wasn't gonna say anything.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Believe!!! What about breathing!! the man that took the tree!! AA, your sponser, sponsees, CHOICES ...freedom to go out when you want...just freedom in general................focus on the positive just for today and see what happens. Not to long ago you told me to let stuff go so here I am telling you.....lol ,my turn!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Nel, yes I am staying positive, really. I have many blessings in my life and I am very grateful.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I just love your positive attitude Nel, very glad I met you
Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just came across this:The time we most need to trust the journey is when it looks like we can't.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Wow what a very serious thread this morning - so much gratitude!

I am grateful for Nelco calling Stoney a brain box and NOT a gobshite LOL because expressions like these make me giggle - and I wouldn't be giggling if I wasn't sober. I would be pissing and moaning about my sucky life.

I am grateful that my daughter will be home tonight. That I have a job that affords me the flexibility to leave early or come in late. That my car looks awesome. That I get to pick up my mom early tomorrow from my sisters and drive her home. That there is cereal downstairs for my rumbly tummy. That my hair is finally growing. That my pants are too tight in the belly which means I have enough to eat.

Speaking of food. I gotta go get some.