SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Serious Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/177427-serious-part-7-a.html)

Anna 06-02-2009 08:03 AM

Serious Part 7

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-21.html

frstnm 06-02-2009 08:14 AM

The old one must have gotten closed right as I was going to post.

frstnm 06-02-2009 08:17 AM

Believe, you dont think it might be the coffee rather than the sugar substitutes do ya ?

Stone, never would have thought you to become a thumper.....if it works keep doing it !

Stooopid Dr.......

I have to speak today at the noontime meeting.
I have no idea what Im going to say. Mebby nothing ?

frstnm 06-02-2009 08:17 AM

Is this the NEW Bottoms ?

frstnm 06-02-2009 08:18 AM

11 months, 16 days, 11 hours and 17 minutes. Who's counting ?
THIS is serious.

Rowan 06-02-2009 08:21 AM

Good morning folks. Hope your talk goes well, Scott.

I'm just in class right now - being instructed on Microsoft Office Word 2007 it's pretty dull but some of it is interesting. We are finished in about 30 minutes then it's time for lunch then back to the office. Bah.

No meeting tonight - went to one last night. I am praying for rain so I won't have to cut the grass. I keep putting it off. I don't know why. Oh yes I do. It's bloody hard work, that's why! LOL

scaredykat 06-02-2009 08:32 AM

:23:

scoob 06-02-2009 09:31 AM

I'm seriously depressed. The audio book i'm listening to is going through a few chapters of the author's son's journey through heroin addiction.

It's way more extreme than anything i've gone through. But the feelings are so much the same.

"One more time and then I can get sober"

It's pretty intense.

stone 06-02-2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by frstnm (Post 2247360)

Stone, never would have thought you to become a thumper.....if it works keep doing it !

I hope I don't really turn into one! Quoting the book like it was written by god himself etc. :yikes:

I am all for spiritual awakenings though, and who knows it might work.

Good luck at your talk mate. :)

Talking of Doctors, I phoned the consultants secretary and she has made me an appointment to see the consultant on June 22nd, she wouldn't tell me the results of the scan over the phone.

stone 06-02-2009 10:19 AM

Hi Ro, I have Office 2007, I never really knew how to use the previous versions either but I get by if I am just writing a letter.

Hi Barb. :wavey:

Hi Scoob, don't let it depress you hun. :hug:

parentrecovers 06-02-2009 11:53 AM

:c032: yep, thinkin' this is the new bottoms ... serious tho.

Believe808 06-02-2009 11:57 AM

Good luck with Dr Kev
Scaredy love ya
Scoob don't be depressed, be glad that you're in recovery

Ro, Good you're learning Word, maybe you can teach me some cool things to do with it. I put off mowing back yard because my back and now my leg hurt, think I pulled something in my leg and now it is starting to rain again. My daughter has a soccer game tonight but its been raining every game, tonights no different.
Stoney, glad you got the appt. They never tell you results over the phone, whether they are good or bad. You know they want the money for the visit usually.
Just went to a meeting, some people are so into themselves bragging about their money and what they are doing with it. They share about problems then get up and leave before anyone can share on the topic THEY BROUGHT UP to begin with. Didn't take too much away with me today.
Stoney, how are you doing today? You haven't posted too much. Just checking

FizzyWater 06-02-2009 12:10 PM

Feel partly responsible that we're turning this place into the new bottoms, the messing abouts got to stop kids.

There'll be no Kinder eggs after supper if you dont behave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sometimes the Kinder egg works with my kids, sometimes it doesn't)

Believe808 06-02-2009 12:16 PM

Again its your call Stoney!!!

Believe808 06-02-2009 12:18 PM

Oh and by the way, I did take something from my meeting, got to work on my patience and tolerance in people.

frstnm 06-02-2009 01:03 PM

I think god had his "peeps" to do his writing for him,,...
After all God was trying to create ME at the same time and that must have been a 7 day a week job ! llol
not really.

(MY god does anyway - he spends alot of time in the woods and near the water or boating - just like me)

I ran into a friend that is from "back in the day" who has had a couple years and then blew it on Memorial Day and really got into a legal jackpot !
There are no coincidences - this guy walking into his first meeting in years and I happen to be the speaker for the day. Thank god I wont have to do that again for at least 3 months.
All I can do is have him come along with us. Whatever we are doing collectively or as individuals seems to be working with room to grow - as always.
He DOES have a very riviting story though !

frstnm 06-02-2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by stone (Post 2247484)
Hi Ro, I have Office 2007, I never really knew how to use the previous versions either but I get by if I am just writing a letter.

Hi Barb. :wavey:

Hi Scoob, don't let it depress you hun. :hug:

STONEY !!!!
"You is a linux guy and youre not using openoffice.org ????????
Same as office - not Microsucksoft, and FREE !!
oh yea its stable and reliable.
Need I say more ?
:You_Rock_

least 06-02-2009 01:22 PM

sober today, that's good, walked the dogs and went to my counselor. she was helpful. i have decided to go to NH after all cause ck promised to care for my dogs. and i don't want to feel guilty the rest of my life if he dies and i hadn't seen him. so i'm going and hope to enjoy the break away from home.

Believe808 06-02-2009 01:49 PM

That's great Least. Glad you went to counselor. Keep up the good work honey.:ghug3

Believe808 06-02-2009 01:51 PM

Hi Stoney, you're probably at your meeting, hope it was a good one. :)