Notices

Bottoms-Part 125

Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post

I guess I'll go back to dreaming about Jivamukti teacher training. Probably end up being cheaper in the long run than an iphone or somfin. At least until prices drop drastically.
Change of plans:

I applied for this earlier today:

Baptiste Power Yoga Institute * Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga

Cheaper and only a week long. It will give me vinyasa training at more than 1/2 the price and in one week as opposed to a month.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Just received this email from them:

Thank you for your application and photograph for the Journey Into Power Level 1 Teacher Training Bootcamp in the Catskills August 1-8, 2009.

Your application is currently under review.

Upon acceptance to the program, your $500 deposit payment will be charged or your mailed check will be deposited. You will receive an email receipt along with the acceptance email for confirmation.

Please note that the deposit is nonrefundable and nontransferable.

Warm Regards
Old 04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I did try having a discussion with Damon about me going and I was met with hostility and refusal to listen. He went off saying how I spent so much already and need to pay back what I spent... how I'm doing nothing with it so far and what I've done should be good enough.He said no without even discussing... was rude and nasty even. As expected. Why did I even bother trying to talk to him? The result was the same as if I had gone and just registered without mentioning it.

I pointed out that I have been teaching for 6 months already...and have been slowly making some money. If I had not been doing ANYTHING with it so far his comment may have been warranted but... I am not quite fully certified and I have made a fifth of what the course cost so far so in my opinion I am working and making it back already.

I also pointed out that we are selling MY house and I deserve to spend a some of the money on something that I want. He thinks it's his house... but that house is mine. It was mine when he came into my life and it is still mine even though he paid some of the mortgage. I am happy to sell it so we don't have to pay 2 mortgages... to make our lives easier but I only want a small amount to further my yoga instruction dammit. I should NOT have to justify it. I am not drinking, I am a good wife and mother, I put up with a lot of bs being with him. Is is too much to want to go to a vinyasa boot camp to increase my knowledge and be able to teach a certain style of yoga that I love but need some in depth instruction??? I think not. It will definitely benefit me and make me more versatile in the long run... and even in the short run. By August.

So I applied.

I hope they accept me. I do have the shoulder thing going on. It might knock me out of the running.

Crossing fingers, praying, karma-ing, meditating etc.

I am going to make it into this program.

And make it through.

Plus... it's only in upstate NY not in Mexico where I could've signed up for. This is 1/2 the price. You would think he'd be happy about that .
Old 04-08-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I know he'll be reading all if this too but whatever.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Good luck scaredy. Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do. I'm rooting for you hun!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I have to go over to the school in the morning to check the seedlings and feed the tadpoles at 8am .

Then I somehow volunteered to go into the studio to do a steam canopy treatment for someone. Oh well... so much for Spring break.

I also teach the pre teen/teen class at 4:15 and the gym class at 7:30. I plan on taking the 5:30 class in between teaching so my day is basically all panned out.

I really need some down time to rest. Maybe one day. Prolly not soon enough but someday I will!

Good night peeps :ghug2.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Dont tadpoles eat the swamp schmeg thats in the water ?:
What do I know.

idiot. :
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

.....and then you could offer steam canopys for like $100 bucks a pop after their yoga lesson ?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Well I'm on here again. I haven't been on here this much since i quit drinking. LOL

2 cigarettes left. Then Bed. I'm already going through withdrawals. I only had 17 cigarettes for the whole day. I smoke more then 25 a day usually.

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
poor scaredykat. i'd like to send ya a pack, but then i'm just right back at bein' a big enabler
Yep, that's what my husband was. Bought my booze and cigarettes for me. LOL Now he's in Al-anon.

Plus... it's only in upstate NY not in Mexico where I could've signed up for. This is 1/2 the price. You would think he'd be happy about that .
Upstate NY is where I'm at.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Babes. I love how you applied anyway! It will be great, I hope your shoulder will be OK.

Scaredy, good luck!

Everyone. :ghug
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good sober Thursday morning, bottom dwellers!:ghug3
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
Dont tadpoles eat the swamp schmeg thats in the water ?:
What do I know.
They get fed tadpole pellets. Looks like rabbit food.

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
.....and then you could offer steam canopys for like $100 bucks a pop after their yoga lesson ?
I could here at my house. Unfortunately the woman booked her appointment at the studio! The treatment is only $25 though. I don't think anyone would pay that much . If I could get people to do it here at home I would charge. But then... I don't have good luck getting anyone here at home to do anything.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Babes!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Babes. I love how you applied anyway! It will be great, I hope your shoulder will be OK.
Thanks babes . I gave him the courtesy of trying to discuss it with him first. His reaction was what was to be expected but at least I tried. As soon as he huffed out of the room I went on to the site and put in the application. I need to do this for me. I will never do anything right in his eyes so I am doing what I need to do for me. If he is still around for all of the changes and progress I am making... he will be lucky!

My shoulder will be fine. I am willing it to be fine. How could it not be fine when I have these plans for myself .

I think they said it could be 2 weeks before they make any acceptance decisions. I will be biting my nails on pins and needles ova heah until then.

* You know... if it's a money thing for Dickwad that's one thing but I don't think it is. It's control pure and simple which is why he couldn't even have a mature conversation about it. I'm tired of that. So I did it.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Swamp schmeg, lol
Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Babes!
Babes .

OK... I have to go do the steam thing for someone.

Hi and bye everbuddy .
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I will never do anything right in his eyes so I am doing what I need to do for me.
I think you are right, if it isn't this it will be something else that he is moaning about.

If he is gonna moan at EVERYTHING you wanna do, you might as well just do what you want.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
let it grow!

give him one of these, suzi quatro!

gotta pack up our stuff and get ready to hit the road this afternoon. can't wait to get out on the boat..i really AM goin' fishin'!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
let it grow!

'ILVTOFU' plate banned in Colorado

April 8, 2009
FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS

DENVER — One Colorado woman’s love for tofu has been judged X-rated by state officials.

Kelly Coffman-Lee wanted to tell the world about her fondness for bean curd by picking certain letters for her SUV’s license plate. Her suggestion for the plate: “ILVTOFU.”

But the Division of Motor Vehicles blocked her plan because they thought the combination of letters could be interpreted as profane.

Says Department of Revenue spokesman Mark Couch: “We don’t allow ’FU’ because some people could read that as street language for sex.”

Officials meet periodically to ensure state plates stay free of letters that abbreviate gang slang, drug terms or obscene phrases. The 38-year-old Coffman-Lee says tofu is a staple of her family’s diet because they are vegan and that the DMV misinterpreted her message.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 480 (permalink)