Notices

Bottoms Part 117

Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I have a follow up with the Cervical Orthopedist tomorrow morning. I haven't been to see him since they did the EMG. I hope he's done with me and I can go back to obsessing on my shoulder.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

what is taste and texture differences in the colored potatoes.
Ive seen them b4 but never worked with them or eaten them,....

purple french fries w oddly colored bacon ? Green mebby ?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I need some ice cream and cookies or something high fat and caloric. Also, missing 24 right now.

Bye peeps .
Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
not a greeter

They're about the same Frst. Just like brown eggs don't taste different that white. I didn't cook them with bacon because my daughters are vegetarian but I think I will next time and they can eat tofu.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Yeah that meal sure looked good, Gyps. I could practically smell the pork roast! And the garlic and sea salt potatoes! Yummmmy! I can't wait to come visit!

Had a good day. I'm pooped.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Paul - sorry about the mood swings. DO NOT DRINK. Phone Des or Dave or me or ANYONE just don't drink. This is a very important time in your recovery. It's time to create a different experience. Wub.
I WILL NOT DRINK! lol

Even when I get the depression I don't want to drink, I do not have the obsession anymore.

Not taking that for granted, still wary etc.

Snow has gone.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Babes . Stay strong in your recovery stoney. Depression is OK (even if it's not fun), drinking is not. I think we have your snow. We have a light dusting right now.

RoRo... you are welcome to come down anytime :ghug3.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Stoney, I'm glad your not drinking and that you don't have the obsession. That's awesome.

I don't have time to read everything on here. REally could use a Ho brief.

School was great yesterday. I really like yoga!

I am having a mammogram today. Hoping for the best but a little nervous. I will fill yall in later.

Much love peeps!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Quiet on here today .

Hugs and prayers for your mamo Tan .

I have to go over to the school and do yoga with my sons class in a few. Right after I pay Damon's credit card bill over the phone. It's large and won't get there in time if I mail it. There's a friggin $15 processing fee to do it this way .

I went to the orthopaedist. He said the EMG showed nothing abnormal but that doesn't help him with figuring out what's going on with the numbness. He mentioned some deforming surgery if it's what he's guessing at. I told him to please hold off on guess and deforming surgery please. He's ordered another MRI on a different section of my neck. The brachial something something area. He said if I have thoracic something or another it would explain the numbness. It affects thin women in the 30-40 year old range. I think I love that guy . MRI is next Tuesday morning for that. I don't care.. we still have insurance to what the what. May as well.

My instructor is feeling sick... She has a sinus infection. She sent out a plea for someone to teach the 4:30 gentle class today and like the idiot I am... I volunteered to do it even though I am super busy today. I haven't done my homework (need to read 150 pages & write out answers to the questions), I have to teach my sons class, I need to prepare for tomorrows flow class, I'm meeting someone at lunch time to get an estimate to paint the garage at the other house & possibly power wash the house, bills to pay, track down my brother to see if he wants the kitchen table and if he can get it out before the open house, move things out of the other house asap (plus put those stupid Christmas decorations away that Damon did not), and... I must take the 6pm flow class regardless to help me prepare for tomorrow since I've really cut back I need it.

I'm hoping she cancels due to the weather.

That will get me out of teaching and taking class and give me some time to get figuring out the answers to the questions... and write up a class plan for tomorrow.

Laters peeps .
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Babes !
Old 02-03-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
let it grow!

TUESDAY!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey suzi quatro, want to make a mexican chicken soup. i found this recipe that sounds simple and i like the idea of smelling it for the afternoon in the crockpot. you got any ideas on how to improve it? i'm thinking more vegies, and maybe some fresh tomato?

Ingredients:
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup water
1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Directions:
In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer until chicken is well coated.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey suzi quatro, want to make a mexican chicken soup. i found this recipe that sounds simple and i like the idea of smelling it for the afternoon in the crockpot. you got any ideas on how to improve it? i'm thinking more vegies, and maybe some fresh tomato?

Ingredients:
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup water
1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Directions:
In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer until chicken is well coated.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
let it grow!

why did that post twice?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
why did that post twice?
user error?

------
Oh, I just ordered a new CD! Been watching this girl on youtube for a while.

YouTube - ReoRae's Channel

Reo - www.reorae.com on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

----------

By the way, I can't keep up with all these posts! I have no idea what's going on. Let's see how I'm doing ..... gyps have been moving for the past week, tanya is going to law school, stone is not going to drink, dee is MIA, Ro is busy as always, frst is grumpy ..... astro? least? rk? scardey? ....that's all I know and I'm sure I'm forgetting to name some one, my brain is on the fritz.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

GT- Are you in your new house yet? I've seen some of your videos on here. Nice house. I thought you were living there all ready. I'm confused. It's hard to keep up with this thread.

I'm just busy today. Got to get my butt moving and clean my house and do laundry today. I made a apt for the babies first check-up; next Monday. Then on Thursday is Chloe and Lois. That's gonna cost a pretty penny. I told my husband I would pay for it all out of my savings. My savings is supposed to be vacation money. But it doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere this year either.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

good morning barb!
have a great day.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
user error?
Good call.

Paul - glad you don't have the obsession. That's really great. Don't drink anyway. LOL sorry I couldn't resist.

Gyps - hope you get paid for this class?! Sorry I just skimmed your post.
Busy as heck at work.

Talk at you idiots later.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Thanks PD. You too.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Paul - glad you don't have the obsession. That's really great. Don't drink anyway. LOL sorry I couldn't resist.
So, you don't think I should drink, is that general thrust of yer point?

Actually, today was the first time the thought of drinking crossed my mind at all. I feel wound up and depressed. As soon as the thought occurred I squashed it...now I am eating, gonna get a bath and then going to a meeting.

I think Ro will approve of this.