Notices

Bottoms Part 113

Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
let it grow!

FREE BACON CHEESEBURGER DONUTS FOR EVERYONE WHO VOTES!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Best Bacon Food: bacon on a stick

Best Bacon accessory
: bacon brief case

That's my vote.

Sorry K. I'm an idiot you know.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Best bacon accessory - De-oderiser

Reason - Business and bacon don't quite mix unless your business is bacon and mine isn't so that rules that out. Breasts and bacon are both good forces, but if they were in a book about good forces, one would be on page 1 and the other on page 320 (the end of the book). They cannot be merged and must be kept separate, therefore the bacon-bra is an abomination! So, that leaves the de-oderiser. Bacon and nice aromas go together well, so that gets my vote!

Best bacon food item - Bacon on a stick

Reason - Like I mentioned earlier, two powerful forces should not be merged (you saw what happened in Ghostbusters when they crossed the streams) so bacon and chocolate is totally wrong and potentially dangerous. Diet Coke bacon flavour is wrong too, bacon should never be wet and fizzy. Bacon should be enjoyed as it was meant to be, hot and chewy and bacony. Preferably on a stick with chips (fries )!!!

That is how I vote, do not try to change my mind!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Fixed the seat in the van so it folds. Some weird wire came loose. Now I will be driving around with a book shelf, my yoga/spiritual library, meditation cushion, various small statues of Buddha & Ganesha, some incense (Nag Champa & vanilla) and some yoga supplies. Easiest stuff to bring over first... straight into the office. I hope after we sign the papers my brother is around so he can bring that kitchen table we bought a few months ago over this evening.

I just spoke with the attorney. He said he has the preliminary #'s but no verification from the bank. He said this closing has been one screw up after another (he wanted to curse... I told go ahead I can handle it). I wonder if he's bald. I can't wait to meet him later and see if he's been ripping his hair out over this.

Damon got a break down of all the charges. He has some questions, and that means he wants answers. I wonder if it'll cause another delay.

I was going to take the stuff I loaded into the van over to the house now, but I think I had better wait till the paper work is done and we have actually closed on this headache.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Bacon on a stick and bacon bra.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Australia offers 'best job in world' on paradise island.

SYDNEY (AFP) – An Australian state is offering internationally what it calls "the best job in the world" -- earning a top salary for lazing around a beautiful tropical island for six months.

The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the winner's home country to Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland's state government announced on Tuesday.

In return, the "island caretaker" will be expected to stroll the white sands, snorkel the reef, take care of "a few minor tasks" -- and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The successful applicant, who will stay rent-free in a three-bedroom beach home complete with plunge pool and golf buggy, must be a good swimmer, excellent communicator and be able to speak and write English.

"They'll also have to talk to media from time to time about what they're doing so they can't be too shy and they'll have to love the sea, the sun, the outdoors," said acting state Premier Paul Lucas.

"The fact that they will be paid to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel and generally live the Queensland lifestyle makes this undoubtedly the best job in the world."

Lucas said the campaign was part of a drive to protect the state's 18 billion Australian dollar a year tourism industry during the tough economic climate caused by the global financial meltdown.

"Traditional tourism advertising just doesn't cut it sometimes and we are thinking outside the box by launching this campaign."

Queensland Tourism Minister Desley Boyle said some people might question whether it was risky to let an unknown person become an unofficial tourism spokesperson for the state.

"I think the biggest risk will be that the successful candidate won't want to go home at the end of the six months," she said.

"This is a legitimate job which is open to anyone and everyone."

Applications are open until February 22. Eleven shortlisted candidates will be flown to Hamilton Island in early May for the final selection process and the six month contract will commence on July 1.

Job-seekers can apply on
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Uh oh. I think the attorney is over charging us .

Damon just called, and said he's on his way home. I said I won't be here, I'll be at the school. Oh man... I am skeered .
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Oh wait... I might be here. I don't have to leave for 20 minutes.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Padding.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Must stay ahead of Dee.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Babes.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
not a greeter

And RoRo.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Babes.
I know! What else can delay this thing? Damon blowing a gasket over the attorneys fees mebbe. He (attorney not Damon) could just refuse to close us I bet.

* Damon signed a retainer for a flat fee I believe. There are some ridiculous charges that should be included in the closing.

* Also, he thinks we're being billed for the seller's attorneys fees . That is just wrong! Especially since they dragged the whole thing out this long.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Nothing ever goes smoothly for us.Ever.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

best bacon food item-Chocolate Bacon
best bacon accesory Bacon Fresh
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Check it out:

I wrote down the wrong day for the schedule change at the gym. Apparently I was supposed to be there last night . I just listened to a voice mail that didn't come through until today. I called the gym to speak with the trainer in charge of making these calls. He was with a client so I left my mea culpas with the secretary and told him to call me back by 11am since I'll be busy for the rest of the day. He hasn't called so I sent an email. I hope I don't get fired. I am making big bucks there .
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
best bacon food item-Chocolate Bacon
best bacon accesory Bacon Fresh
Rella! You're allergic to chocolate.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Still padding.

I should go put the soup in the fridge. I gave up on it last night and finished cooking it today.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Uh uh... Damon is home and questioning the fees. Looks like he found out from the mortgage broker that the attorney is charging us more than he should. The check should be for about 2K less according to the bank. Not sure what the other charges are that's inflating it. I'm sure Damon will get to the bottom of this while I'm at the school.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Uh oh... now he's calling and leaving a complaining message on the realtors voice mail .